Melvin Guillard loss predictions thread

Wotan1105 -  huerta melvin the rock bet $20 to win $253.60   huerta melvin bet $20 to win $181.60  Favorites can't always win.

no way i'd put money on huerta

you know i like both fighters but i got to go with guillard after watching the highlight video. That standing gramby is pretty fucking sick.

Surviving 3 rounds with Tibau definitely means something, but Nate Diaz has a different grappling style than past opponents of Melvin Gulliard, so it's hard to predict this one.

Huerta took a beating in that sparring session!  It doesn't matter if you hold your hands down and let the guy hit you...that's just a sign of frustration.

Nate will submit guillard with a guillotine

also, Huerta is gonna kick the sh*t out of banjo tard

Nate stands w/ Melvin out of machismo or b/c he has no choice since he cannot take Melvin down.Melvin punishes him standing.

Nate takes this @ End of Rd 1 via RNC

i like Melvin in this one

i like all the 2-1 dogs at fight night

Guillard by (T)KO

charging punches - Nate will submit guillard with a guillotine

also, Huerta is gonna kick the sh*t out of banjo tard

Huerta aint kicking the shit out of Maynard...if that's who you're calling a banjo tard.

Melvin wins!

Nate tries too much to fight like his brother, but he isn't as skilled nor is he as strong. His standup is not going to stand well against Melvin's standup so he'll try to take it to the ground, of course he won't be able to as he's too weak and he'll just get punished when he tries.

Nate gets blasted and dropped and finished by Melvin for a TKO victory.

I'm going to weigh in on the Guillard side on this fight while I like Diaz a great deal, I see this going Guillards way, not even sure why.

I'll take guillard as well. He has a good chin and will dominate the fight on the feet. He is too fast for any type of shot from diaz and to strong for diaz's lil whizzer he often uses from the clinch. Id say as long as melvin sticks with the sprawl and brawl gameplan that this a is his fight to lose.

I was very impressed in Melvin's performance against Tibau. Tibau is a powerhouse for that weight class and a lot of times he struggled to get Melvin down and when he did, couldn't do much damage and Melvin managed to get up nearly every time.

I just hope he doesn't get too sloppy and leave his neck hanging or something. Diaz can obviously get the submission if the opportunity presents itself.

This is definitely a fight Melvin should do well in.

Unfortunately I agree with CRE on this one, and I've always rooted for teh Diaz Bros and still will root for Nate in this fight, but I just dont see him getting Melvin down and I don't see him getting the better of the standup. Melvin has some real power and could KO Nate pretty quick.

Remember, Joe Stevenson didn't just sink in a guillotine quickly.  He set it up with a beautiful jab when Guillard was swinging wildly.  Thats the hole in Melvin's striking, but I'm not sure Nate will capitalize on it.

i keep checking for comments like guillard by jailhouse shank or blanket party but none so far...

I always like to see melvin in the cage.

I think nate wins by sub, but melvin is pretty fucking exciting to watch.

Diaz by kick-off-the-wall-flying-triangle

uniqueid09 - Wow. This forum is completely ignorant when it comes to analyzing fighters.

Well done for sharing your great insight into this fight and telling us exactly which fighter is going to win, how and why.

Now GET THE FUCK OUT you dumbass!! Goddamn newbies.