Melvin Manhoef def. Denis Kang by KO (Knee to the

Didnt see this one coming...

Anyone have a vid?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/1/1/3825044/melvin-manhoef-stops-denis-kong-with-a-brutal-knee-at-dream-18-for

NM.... Found one.

If I ever fought him I would only train Wrestling and shoot takedowns from start to finish. Phone Post

Wow, never seen a guy drop quite like that after a knee.

Warrenpeace - You didn't see a violent kick boxer winning by ko via knee against a shot fighter?

Hmm...

Kang is shot?

Wasn't it just a year ago people were talking about him being #2 or #3 in the world?

Eat shit.

The Mouth - 
Warrenpeace - You didn't see a violent kick boxer winning by ko via knee against a shot fighter?

Hmm...

Kang is shot?

Wasn't it just a year ago people were talking about him being #2 or #3 in the world?

Eat shit.

lol come on man, I was with you up until you started talking like ANYBODY on the UG a year ago was talking Kang up as one of the best. After his UFC run, the hype has faded to the wayside considerably. Maybe like 3 years ago?

I get your point but talk about exaggeration.

uh, yeah Manhoef hits hard and fast as fuck. not surprising at all

if he would have caught Kang in Gogoplata now that I wouldn't see coming

LOL.

So what you're all saying is that smart money was on Manhoef for this fight?

Get real.  He had a shot to win by KO obviously but no one saw that matchup and went "Yeah, Manhoef takes this"

Chris Power - 
lol come on man, I was with you up until you started talking like ANYBODY on the UG a year ago was talking Kang up as one of the best. After his UFC run, the hype has faded to the wayside considerably. Maybe like 3 years ago?

I get your point but talk about exaggeration.

Yeah, I think Kang was hyped up back in like 2006-08.

jar of flies - 

What a great knee, though. Lifted him right off the ground.

DoomFarmer - 

It's a bummer what has happened to Kang. Phone Post

Maybe I still hold Kang in high regard.

I dunno.  IIRC Manhoef lost to Kennedy, Mizuno and Lawler not long ago and in a row.

The Mouth - 

Hmm...

Kang is shot?

Eat shit.

What? When was he considered number 2 or 3? Definitely not a year ago.

That was tough to watch. I really thought Kang was going to get him down and sub him quickly, so much so that I had $50 on him :(

The Mouth - 

Hmm...

Kang is shot?

Eat shit.

A year ago? Try six years ago after his GP run in Pride.

He's been finished lately by Shungo Oyama and Jesse Taylor. For a guy as talented as him to lose to guys like that it's gotta be pretty obvious that Kang is well past his prime. It's been a tough run for Kang ever since his fiance committed suicide

MolsonMuscles - That was tough to watch. I really thought Kang was going to get him down and sub him quickly, so much so that I had $50 on him :(

You understand what I am saying then

Hmm...

Hi,

just logged in to say, you're a peice of shit cunt.

Fuck you, show some respect.

Mhorad - 

Hmm...

Hi,

just logged in to say, you're a peice of shit cunt.

Fuck you, show some respect.

I feel similarly.......................

. Phone Post

I've met Denis 3 different times, always very cool and laid back. I asked him to autograph a shirt for me and he says sure, grabs a Sharpie and starts to sign then stops and looks at me and asks ” you want my signature right?”. I thou
ght he was kidding, but he was serious. Nice guy, just bummed about his career progression.