Memorable dreams about a fight before they happen?

Most recent memorable dream was Ben Askren vs Jake Paul. Before the dream I thought Paul was the favourite.

However in the dream the fight bizarrely took place in the graveyard of my local Church. Paul came out immediately and threw everything he could trying to knock Askren out. However Ben took all his shots and laughed!

Jake then backed off exhausted and Ben walked him down. He then threw combinations like Sugar ray leonard and knocked Jake out unconscious on the floor. Obviously abit different to how the real fight played out!

Has anyone else had a memorable dream about a big fight before it happened?

Leading up to the Diaz Lawler 2 fight I had a nightmare that Lawler did that push kick thing to Nick’s knee and broke his knee in half the wrong way like we saw happen to some poor sap last year

I really really hate that push kick technique and I believe it should be illegal

3 Likes

Also before Lesnar Hunt I had a bad dream that Lesnar got caught by a flying knee while shooting for a take down lmao I just remembered that one

1 Like

Yeah I’m definitely not a fan of that technique either. I’m surprised there hasn’t been far more injuries from it really.

LOL a flying knee from Mark Hunt knocking out Brock Lesnar! Interesting dream for sure!

Was that in the Octagon or some other venue?

2 Likes

It was in the cage lol both were

1 Like

Yeah I’m definitely messed up in the head. I always seem to dream of fights outside the ring or Octagon for some strange reason!

Maybe I’ve just played too much Mortal Kombat and street fighter!

Why should that be illegal? You realize every strike could potentially injure someone? Even checking a kick can hurt someone.

Its a valid technique. The more rules you put in place, the further it gets from being a real fight.

A fighter doesn’t throw a punch or kick with the intent to injure their opponent and take several months off their career and life

That push kick has one intent: to severely injure their knee. I do not like it

Remember that fighter last year on the ground screaming in pain holding his knee as it was hyper extended in or whatever it’s called? That shit is disgusting

1 Like

A busted knee takes time off of someones life? Since when?

I would argue that punching or kicking someone in the face has much worse consequences than push kicking the knee.

Valid strikes shouldnt be outlawed just because some folks are sensitive.

I just meant they waste some of their life doing rehab and all that lol

In mma, theres been like 5 million knee injuries that had nothing to do with push kicks.

Theres been like 5 that was a result of the kicks.

Really surprised that there is only 5?

That was just a guess. Obviously i havent seen every fight that ever happened lol

2 Likes

Oh right I thought it was some official American MMA statistic!

couldn’t agree more. fair play.

number of knee injuries that were not perfectly deliberate: 5 million - 5.

except people deliberately taking the time to injure people’s knees in submissions. but none of those occured in less than a second.