Men Going Their Own Way

Has anyone here ever embraced this concept fully? Surface level, it comes off as a buch of jaded dudes giving two middle fingers to vaginas; but once you get past that it seems like a decent notion. Just looking for some feedback. 

https://www.mgtow.com/

Which is exactly why I came here first. One way or the other, someone here should have some decent feedback on it.

Hunter Thompsons 45 -

In to learn.

Basically, it's men deciding to live for themselves and reject the notion of getting married, having kids, and working a desk job; supported by various historical figures who had done the same thing with success. Modern guys use those figures, and their peers, as motivation to show it's a better choice than the aforementioned typical life choices.

This is that weird, confused section of the alt-right that's gay and angry because they don't want to be and blames it on women for some reason, right?

ive avoided getting married, having kids, and working a desk job so far, and i am 45

Divorce court has ruined men in this country. Women are soul-less demons.

However most MGTOW guys are just sexless beta males. When you listen to their podcasts they sound like losers.

Maldini2706 - This is that weird, confused section of the alt-right that's gay and angry because they don't want to be and blames it on women for some reason, right?

Maybe? I don't believe the notion is affiliated in any political way, though. I also don't think gays blame anything like that on women either; nor do I believe these guys reject women for men--making them gay. But again, I'm here for info. 

Willin - Divorce court has ruined men in this country. Women are soul-less demons.

However most MGTOW guys are just sexless beta males. When you listen to their podcasts they sound like losers.

That's what I was thinking it might be. I was hoping for some success stories and basic 'here's what I did, and you can do' type shit. I mean, I'm not a moron, but if there's a solid game plan out there I'd borrow from it. But if these guys are just dejected beta shit turds whining a lot, then I'll just stick to the OG and Soup Requests.

"Pussy" has absolutely nothing to do with it. 

You can not be in a relationship and still get laid left and right. 

Because if that car commercial, i was forced to look up this poem. And it is wonderful.

Song of the Open Road
by
Walt Whitman

Afoot and light-hearted, I take to the open road,
Healthy, free, the world before me,
The long brown path before me, leading wherever I choose.

Henceforth I ask not good-fortune—I myself am good fortune;
Henceforth I whimper no more, postpone no more, need nothing,
Strong and content, I travel the open road . . .

. . . From this hour, freedom!
From this hour I ordain myself loos’d of limits and imaginary lines,
Going where I list, my own master, total and absolute,
Listening to others, and considering well what they say,
Pausing, searching, receiving, contemplating,
Gently, but with undeniable will, divesting myself of the holds that would hold me . . .  

More....

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/48859

I've never really thought about it that way. People are geared differently and I'm not wired to be married, it doesn't bother me. I walked away from a corporate career, am in the process of selling my house, and will soon begin an adventure traveling the American West. I plan to work at a guest ranch for a season and go from there.

So yeah, kind of like a wanna be Thoreau combined with a little Blood Meridian and maybe a little bit of Into the Wild. I plan on getting laid along the way though.

Z NEDCMK1 -
Al Cappucino - 

Because if that car commercial, i was forced to look up this poem. And it is wonderful.

Song of the Open Road
by
Walt Whitman

Gently, but with undeniable will, divesting myself of the holds that would hold me . . .  

More....

Walt Whitman is great.

Berkeley does an AWESOME class on his work on EDex for free if you have an interest in his work.

I don't think a commercial with a guy in a fancy car with fancy laptops cruising around in luxury catches the spirit of Whitman.

I have taken the EDex class twice, the work covered is fantastic.

Pick up a copy of Leaves of Grass.

You are 100% correct about that ad. But i did re-discover Whitman because of it so i'll give it that.

I will pick up a copy, paper style, of Leaves of Grass. Thanks 

LittleJoeMama - I've never really thought about it that way. People are geared differently and I'm not wired to be married, it doesn't bother me. I walked away from a corporate career, am in the process of selling my house, and will soon begin an adventure traveling the American West. I plan to work at a guest ranch for a season and go from there.

So yeah, kind of like a wanna be Thoreau combined with a little Blood Meridian and maybe a little bit of Into the Wild. I plan on getting laid along the way though.

Same, almost. But yeah.

Al Cappucino -

Song of the Open Road
by
Walt Whitman

More....

Solid. I like it.

KidPittsburgh - 
Hunter Thompsons 45 -

In to learn.

Basically, it's men deciding to live for themselves and reject the notion of getting married, having kids, and working a desk job; supported by various historical figures who had done the same thing with success. Modern guys use those figures, and their peers, as motivation to show it's a better choice than the aforementioned typical life choices.

I would say that describes my life pretty accurately except for the desk job part.  I have a good career which allows me a lot of financial freedom.

UltimateKeyboardWarrior -
KidPittsburgh - 
Hunter Thompsons 45 -

In to learn.

I would say that describes my life pretty accurately except for the desk job part.  I have a good career which allows me a lot of financial freedom.

I'm thinking about making adventures, working odd jobs for cash to keep moving. It seems awesome, but difficult to keep in consistant cash flow. But man, if it could work... 

KidPittsburgh - The OG's own DreamerMMA turned me on to this site.

Coolworks.com

You can find seasonal jobs in places like Glacier, Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon, etc. I think the key is finding a job that pays gratuity and you'll be fine money wise. Bellman, bartender, server, those type of positions. A lot of the employers provide housing as well.

These jobs are in somewhat remote locations that don't have enough local employees to fill all the positions. That's why they hire people from the outside. Perfect for someone that wants to live and work in a special place and then move on.

It would be cool to do it. I just couldn't. 

I want a family, a wife, kids, the standard American family. A real loving one. My parents basically left me as a child. So I dream of having the perfect family. I know it's impossible, but at least a real loving family. 

Im sure in the next few years me as my girlfriend will get married and have children. She seems to be the one. 

LittleJoeMama - KidPittsburgh - The OG's own DreamerMMA turned me on to this site.

Coolworks.com

You can find seasonal jobs in places like Glacier, Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon, etc. I think the key is finding a job that pays gratuity and you'll be fine money wise. Bellman, bartender, server, those type of positions. A lot of the employers provide housing as well.

These jobs are in somewhat remote locations that don't have enough local employees to fill all the positions. That's why they hire people from the outside. Perfect for someone that wants to live and work in a special place and then move on.

Man, that might be the ticket. Thank you!

FRANKLY I DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE DO.........IF YOU ARE LIVING YOUR LIFE GUIDED BY WHAT OTHER PEOPLE DO........YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG YOU STUPID USELESS PUSSY FART.