Mendes broke right thumb early in first round

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/7/13/8955787/chad-mendes-broke-right-thumb-early-in-first-round-against-conor

Chad Mendes broke his right thumb early in the first round of his fight against Conor McGregor Saturday night in Las Vegas.

According to Mendes' manager Mike Roberts of MMA Inc., Mendes was informed of the break after visiting with his doctor Monday afternoon. He is expected to find out later this week whether the injury will require surgery or not.

Mendes lost via second-round TKO to McGregor at UFC 189 in an interim UFC featherweight title fight. Mendes agreed to fight McGregor on less than two weeks' notice.

Below is an X-ray of Mendes' broken thumb, provided by MMA Inc.

What is that on his index finger? Phone Post 3.0

Dana White just tweeted that this is a picture of an old injury and that "break" is really just calcification.

Calcification imo Phone Post 3.0

Snazzybraj- it is a fixation plate and screws, probably from a previous injury where they needed to stabilize the fracture so it could heal properly Phone Post 3.0

Smitty925 - Dana White just tweeted that this is a picture of an old injury and that "break" is really just calcification.

You just made me spit coke on my laptop. LOL!

Calcifornication, imho Phone Post 3.0

damn in a few more fights he'll be fighting with a completely metal hand haha

Conor knocked out Poirier with a fucked up thumb. Phone Post 3.0

When they had the post presser after the fight I remember that Chad kept looking down and staring it his hand as if he was just realizing something was wrong with it.

TheThrill - damn in a few more fights he'll be fighting with a completely metal hand haha

He hits too hard. That is probably why he is always breaking his hand. Should work more on accuracy and not hit people on top of their dome.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/9/28/6856405/conor-mcgregor-considered-pulling-out-of-ufc-178-because-of-torn Phone Post 3.0

Rich Franklin KO'd Chuck Liddell with a broken arm... Phone Post 3.0

Ramsey - Rich Franklin KO'd Chuck Liddell with a broken arm... Phone Post 3.0

My dad has a bazooka.

colubrid1 - When they had the post presser after the fight I remember that Chad kept looking down and staring it his hand as if he was just realizing something was wrong with it.

Definitely saw this too! Phone Post 3.0

colubrid1 - 
TheThrill - damn in a few more fights he'll be fighting with a completely metal hand haha

He hits too hard. That is probably why he is always breaking his hand. Should work more on accuracy and not hit people on top of their dome.

He's got Brian Bowles syndrome.

Dead President - Calcifornication, imho Phone Post 3.0
Simultaneous release! Phone Post 3.0