Mendes: I 'definitely' think Aldo is on PEDs

Tam700 - My husband and I have been big Aldo fans since some of his first fights. We knew he'd make it big. He just had a skill that was unmatched and has only continued to improve. This whole PED thing is just a cheap attempt to get in Aldo's head. TBH, I'd be pissed too if I was Aldo after training years, keeping clean, and making it to the top only to have some jackball taint your career because it's the only way he thinks he has a chance at winning. Phone Post 3.0

Sounds like your well educated on this topic.

Call me biased but I think Aldo is clean, Mendes I'm not so sure.

Aldo looks like someone who just cuts a shitload of weight in the fight day. Mendes is suddenly performing much better and looking like a fucking bodybuilder.

Realistcally, probably both are juicing, just in different ways.

Tam700 - My husband and I have been big Aldo fans since some of his first fights. We knew he'd make it big. He just had a skill that was unmatched and has only continued to improve. This whole PED thing is just a cheap attempt to get in Aldo's head. TBH, I'd be pissed too if I was Aldo after training years, keeping clean, and making it to the top only to have some jackball taint your career because it's the only way he thinks he has a chance at winning. Phone Post 3.0
Did I miss something or did Aldo not just accuse Chad of being on roids completely out of nowhere? You're right Phone Post 3.0

BW92 - 
Tam700 - My husband and I have been big Aldo fans since some of his first fights. We knew he'd make it big. He just had a skill that was unmatched and has only continued to improve. This whole PED thing is just a cheap attempt to get in Aldo's head. TBH, I'd be pissed too if I was Aldo after training years, keeping clean, and making it to the top only to have some jackball taint your career because it's the only way he thinks he has a chance at winning. Phone Post 3.0
Did I miss something or did Aldo not just accuse Chad of being on roids completely out of nowhere? You're right Phone Post 3.0

You missed two things:

1) A report by Greg Savage that Aldo dropped out of the fight hours after he learned he would be randomly tested for the fight, by dropping out he thereby dodged/delayed the random testing.

2) Aldo ripped Mendes and accused him of using PED 's.

Lanceness021 - 
BW92 - 

You missed two things:

1) A report by Greg Savage that Aldo dropped out of the fight hours after he learned he would be randomly tested for the fight, by dropping out he thereby dodged/delayed the random testing.

Whoops my mistake I mis-read your post.

Most people, fighters included, agree a large portion of upper level fighters (and athletes for that matter) are on PEDs, yet go ballistic when you actually call one out by name.

So consensus is yes there is usage, but don't dare name the guy I am a fan of, because he would NEVER cheat. It is all the other phantom nameless fighters that are doing this.

Right.

Frankly, I don't care either way, if the drugs promote recovery, help the fighter stay active longer, and accentuate his abilities, I am all for it, in so far as it is regulated by legitimate doctors.

However, to sit here and say GSP doesn't roid but Belfort does, or continually hear fighter after fighter say a large percentage of the UFC is using PEDs then get offened when someone names a name or points out roid gut and acne all over the back of a specific fighters, is disingenuous.

i think mendes will beat Aldo to be honest, if he fights to his best abilities.

but he sounded retarded in this interview...

There has to be a burden of proof line and let the testing do it;s work, because it will the only way to truly identify the cheaters and punish them without dragging the minority clean down with them. It sucks that the UFC claims it's too expensive to do it in a serious way, I wish they would randomly test all title fighters during camps and contender fights but they don't want to pay obviously.

But the burden of proof has to be consistent and not heresay and conjecture, or you will tear your sport out from the inside with rumour, before the testing has had long enough to work, and you end up punishing the clean, no matter how few they may be.

Mdson - Another 'everyone else uses but meeeeeeee' :-)

this, he could use some mirrors tho

lol damn, Mendez went full retard in that interview.

Now If these guys are willing to start narc'ing on dirty fighters with some sort of key coroborative help like cycling did, then it could be a glorious topic until then, yawn gossip.

Lanceness021 -
Detective Morgan - PED's or not, he will spank Mendes Phone Post 3.0

Who knows what VADA Aldo looks like?

For all we know he might be on steroids, EPO, HGH, clen, thyroid hormones, stimulants, PCT when needed etc.

Whilst Mendes might just be on regular steroids.

They might also both be clean.

This is the pharmaceutical era of MMA, many fighters have two versions a clean one and an enhanced one. Some will drop away more than others with testing.
Lol at Aldo being on clen. Quit talking out of your ass if you don't know what you're talking about Phone Post 3.0

"I’ve never been caught red-handed or anything."

Chad Mendes Phone Post 3.0

Buddha on a fucking stick when will the madness end!!! Phone Post 3.0

KneeUpperCut Ios - LOL @ " I’ve never been caught red-handed or anything."

Is this guy for real?

I didn't necessarily interpret that as a weak rebuke of the steroid allegations.

He might have been trying to say, reading between the lines "I've not been taking the piss with the amount of supplements I've been using like Chael".

With PED's being so rampant in MMA and sports in general you could easily feel like a loser/sucker to not consider it. Not to say there aren't clean fighters out there.

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 
Lanceness021 -

For all we know he might be on steroids, EPO, HGH, clen, thyroid hormones, stimulants, PCT when needed etc.

This is the pharmaceutical era of MMA, many fighters have two versions a clean one and an enhanced one. Some will drop away more than others with testing.
Lol at Aldo being on clen. Quit talking out of your ass if you don't know what you're talking about Phone Post 3.0

That was a completely hypothetical post.

Why is it so ridiculous to imagine Aldo uses clen?

Lanceness021 -
BW92 - 

You missed two things:

I missed this. Huh. Interesting. Phone Post 3.0

This MMA blame game, reminds me of that Twilight Zone episode 'The Monsters are Due on Maple Street' where everyone starts accusing the other of being the wrongdoer.

Literally laughed out loud at "I own him right now." Who is he trying to convince? Himself?

I also thought it was interesting that he never denied using PED's, just said he likes the random drug testing, 80% of fighters are on PED's, and he has never been caught red-handed (haha). It's like SF Giants fans with the whole: "Barry Bonds never tested positive."

Still though, I'd rather this reponse than him straight up lying and saying he is not using PED's. Have to give him credit for that. Is he cocky? Sure. Is he on PED's? Maybe. But is he a liar? Nope.

Lanceness021 -
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 
Lanceness021 -

That was a completely hypothetical post.

Why is it so ridiculous to imagine Aldo uses clen?
It's semantics at this point. I guess he could use it to make weight, but mostly it's used for aesthetic purposes. You also have to be careful what you use it with.

He def looks suspicious at this point Phone Post 3.0