Mendes, tell me about this fighter….

Tell about about Mendes.

Strengths, weaknesses etc.

Record.

For some reason his fights do not stand out to me and or the only Mendes fights I can remember a bit of are against Aldo.

Not a troll here, just trying to figure out how he matches up against CM.

Wow really... Phone Post 3.0

CM punk can probably take him OP Phone Post 3.0

superninjadragonkiller - Wow really... Phone Post 3.0

Sorry this is so surprising, if you don't know that much about the fight game there is no reason to poke fun of a poster seeking information.

Good wrestling, a lot of power. I'm hoping Connor wins but I can see Mendes being an issue for him. Phone Post

williepep - Tell about about Mendes.

Record.

For some reason his fights do not stand out to me and or the only Mendes fights I can remember a bit of are against Aldo.

He will kill Phil Brooks

dmjr98 - 

Good wrestling, a lot of power. I'm hoping Connor wins but I can see Mendes being an issue for him. Phone Post

Thanks.

Thank you very much.

I know people (critics) have been saying that Connor has not fought a tough wrestler, so this should be interesting.

Non N00B - 
williepep - Tell about about Mendes.

Record.

He will kill Phil Brooks

Although that was not my intention, I must admit the thought did cross my mind as I posted the initials.

Haha

He has only lost 2 fights in his career and both of those to Aldo, however if he fought Phil Brooks he would get killed. Phone Post 3.0

GroundStPound - He has only lost 2 fights in his career and both of those to Aldo, however if he fought Phil Brooks he would get killed. Phone Post 3.0

Thank you, again it was not my intention to ask about Mr Punk, however, the thought for confusion did cross my mind as I posted the initials.

Chad Mendes is Conor's potato famine Phone Post 3.0

Mendes has actually evolved into a striker, his hands looked good, i think he mite take connor

Gerkin - Chad Mendes is Conor's potato famine Phone Post 3.0

Oh man, many of the wimps these days would say this is cruel. If you had a TV show it would be canceled.

However, you deserve points for creativity.

Found sounds interesting.

"He's a midget body builder with a double leg and an overhand right". - Conor Mcgregor. Phone Post 3.0

kyleburkle - 

Mendes has actually evolved into a striker, his hands looked good, i think he mite take connor

Thanks for the input.

I do think a lot of what Connor does is hard to quantify and measure.

But this sounds interesting.

Conor has a huge reach advantage and the theory is that Mendes will somehow overcome this by wrestling Conor (who is much bigger) and pounding him out.

The more likely scenario however is that Conor will prove himself adept enough at wrestling to make this a stand up fight. If he can do that. He is vastly superior to Mendes when it comes to striking and should win easily.

So really this whole fight is about 1 question. Can Conor wrestle or not?

My opinion is that someone as dedicated to the sport as him would not leave a big hole in his game. Any grappling in the UFC he has done he has dominated. His BJJ skills are slick. We have not yet seen him off his back, but he trains daily with Gunnar Nelson who is top 3 BJJ in the UFC. His head coach and mentor is predominantly a BJJ coach - having become the first Irishman to earn a BJJ black belt. He has had a star wrestling coach for 8 years in Sergey Pikulskiy.

http://www.the42.ie/conor-mcgregors-wrestling-coach-on-mendes-2191125-Jul2015/

Basically Americans think the rest of the world can't wrestle. Conor is Irish. They haven't seen him wrestle. Therefore a wrestler will kill him. That's the logic.

It's either right or wrong.

I've put big money on Conor. They are wrong. Phone Post 3.0

Mendes has a badass guillotine.

Molumba - Conor has a huge reach advantage and the theory is that Mendes will somehow overcome this by wrestling Conor (who is much bigger) and pounding him out.

The more likely scenario however is that Conor will prove himself adept enough at wrestling to make this a stand up fight. If he can do that. He is vastly superior to Mendes when it comes to striking and should win easily.

My opinion is that someone as dedicated to the sport as him would not leave a big hole in his game. Any grappling in the UFC he has done he has dominated. His BJJ skills are slick. We have not yet seen him off his back, but he trains daily with Gunnar Nelson who is top 3 BJJ in the UFC. His head coach and mentor is predominantly a BJJ coach - having become the first Irishman to earn a BJJ black belt. He has had a star wrestling coach for 8 years in Sergey Pikulskiy.

Basically Americans think the rest of the world can't wrestle. Conor is Irish. They haven't seen him wrestle. Therefore a wrestler will kill him. That's the logic.

Great post.

SBG, and the Connor crew are not a joke, great post.

On a related note Connor has knocked out a couple of guys that know one thought he could KO.

I know one guy he KOed that I know is a very tough guy to hurt. This particular fellow had vicious sparring bouts with a Ring Side World Challenge winner, and national boxing champion. It was pretty amazing the way Connor koed this particular fighter.

Once again, I will repeat, I think it is pretty hard to measure what Connor does, the guy definitely has freakish KO ability.

williepep -
Molumba - Conor has a huge reach advantage and the theory is that Mendes will somehow overcome this by wrestling Conor (who is much bigger) and pounding him out.

Great post.

SBG, and the Connor crew are not a joke, great post.

On a related note Connor has knocked out a couple of guys that know one thought he could KO.

I know one guy he KOed that I know is a very tough guy to hurt. This particular fellow had vicious sparring bouts with a Ring Side World Challenge winner, and national boxing champion. It was pretty amazing the way Connor koed this particular fighter.

Once again, I will repeat, I think it is pretty hard to measure what Connor does, the guy definitely has freakish KO ability.

VU! :) Phone Post 3.0

WattMell - Hey does anybody know who this Anderson Silver guy is? Heard he was alright. Phone Post 3.0
Never heard of him. Do you mean Erik Silva ? Phone Post 3.0