Mercer Had One Arm In

If he had no panicked, he could have gassed out Kimbo. Kimbo would have blown his wad trying to finish that guillotine. (Unless the guillotine was Mercer's cue to tap. j/k)

Anyway, Mercer should have learned about 2 weeks worth of submissions.

since when do u think u cant finish with one arm

kimbo is the master of the 10-finger guillotine. also, he was setting up the omo plata.

"since when do u think u cant finish with one arm"

Probably because Rogan blares that it's sooooo damn difficult every time someone tries it.

Just like Rutten yells out that an Achilles lock is only a pain lock and causes no damage.

I don't understand either of those two statements at all. I have personally had my ankle fucked up by an Achilles lock, and I've seen way too many guys get choked unconscious with an arm-in guillotine that I know it works. Personally, if someone's going for a guillotine on me, I'd rather have both arms free to defend than to have an arm stuck in the lock.

"Breadoplatta"

one of the least funny things i've read lately. totally forced. not funny. try again.

In collegiate wrestling the guillotine (front headlock we called it) is only a legal move with an arm in. That being said, our 125-pounder put out just about everyone he ever got in it, and had to move them back and forth to make the ref think they were still fighting against the pin. And this was about 7 years before UFC 1. Point is, it's foolish to think you CAN'T finish someone in a guillotine if they have an arm in.

I do agree however that Ray should have done a lot more work on some kind of ground game. He looked only marginally better than the early UFC stand-up fighters on the ground.

Yeah, a person skilled at it can pull it off, but we're talking about Kimbo here.

Face it, Mercer either panicked or took the easy paycheck and got out at his first opportunity.

"Yeah, a person skilled at it can pull it off, but we're talking about Kimbo here."

If you go to the mmatoday website Bas and Kimbo worked alot on that move in the training clips.

LOL

I have seen a lot of guys finishing with the arm in lately.

Yeah, SKILLED guys; not glorified street fighters with 2 months of training.

Yeah, Kimbo may not be all that skilled, but maybe he's really skilled at just the guillotine.

"Yeah, SKILLED guys; not glorified street fighters with 2 months of training."

The guillotine is easy to get on an unskilled grappler like Mercer, arm in or out.