Mestre Jorge Pereira receives 7th deg coral belt.

Huge congratulations!!

Awesome! Who gave it to him?

The USA BJJ Federation , it was organized by Joe Moreira , I'm not sure who tied it onto his waist .

Joe gave it to him..was really cool to see

Cool stuff! Jorge is the best! Phone Post 3.0

Is the USA bjj fed the one started by papa john?

Are they associated with the ibjjf? If not I wonder how they feel about this Phone Post 3.0

Jorge is a black belt under Rickson Gracie. He had a lot of bad ass Vale Tudo fights in the 90's. Been a black belt almost 30 years now.

brixx139 - Are they associated with the ibjjf? If not I wonder how they feel about this Phone Post 3.0

Would their opinion matter that much? At this point, it's clear that BJJ community has more questions about the IBJJF than the other way around. IBJJF doesn't even recognize the black belts on the Machado brothers and plenty of other legends.

How's does the FJJ-Rio feel about ibjjf since they are the original sanctioning body(1967) and are run by the senior most living member of the Gracie family.

CompanyBlue -
brixx139 - Are they associated with the ibjjf? If not I wonder how they feel about this Phone Post 3.0

Would their opinion matter that much? At this point, it's clear that BJJ community has more questions about the IBJJF than the other way around. IBJJF doesn't even recognize the black belts on the Machado brothers and plenty of other legends.
Neither of my questions were answered. And they're both still valid. Dont try to extrapolate meaning from my questions, I meant them how they were asked. Phone Post 3.0

graciesrule - How's does the FJJ-Rio feel about ibjjf since they are the original sanctioning body(1967) and are run by the senior most living member of the Gracie family.
Fjj rio is the governing body for the state of rio. I'm not sure they expect (or want) to be recognized as the single governing body for the world. Ibjjf has a different scope Phone Post 3.0

I'd be interested to know of a single person who thinks Jorge isn't due his coral. Actually he is past due.

BenBJJ - I'd be interested to know of a single person who thinks Jorge isn't due his coral. Actually he is past due.
This Phone Post 3.0

brixx139 - 
graciesrule - How's does the FJJ-Rio feel about ibjjf since they are the original sanctioning body(1967) and are run by the senior most living member of the Gracie family.
Fjj rio is the governing body for the state of rio. I'm not sure they expect (or want) to be recognized as the single governing body for the world. Ibjjf has a different scope Phone Post 3.0

The IBJJF doesn't claim to be the governing body for the martial art...they are an international SPORT federation that governs competition only.

Their belt certification is only to facilitate proper competition and is only administrative as there are no specific standards other then time in grade. An IBJJF card doesn't make a belt more legit nor do they care who gets promoted in the overall martial art of BJJ.

DarrenMullen - 
brixx139 - 

The IBJJF doesn't claim to be the governing body for the martial art...they are an international SPORT federation that governs competition only.

Their belt certification is only to facilitate proper competition and is only administrative as there are no specific standards other then time in grade. An IBJJF card doesn't make a belt more legit nor do they care who gets promoted in the overall martial art of BJJ.

IBJJF duz not recognize Joe Moreira and "ALOT" of other black belts,coral and red belts.

Ibjjf should open their eyes instead of asking us to open our wallets.

IBJJF charges for stripes Phone Post 3.0

DarrenMullen -
brixx139 - 

Exactly. They are international. And yes, I understand all these things about the ibjjf. I wasn't trying to mean anything by asking my question, it was a curious question in that I would genuinely like to know what carlos jr and them think about this. I know I probably wouldn't agree but I'm curious. And thus my unsanswered questions still stand (since all any of you can do is extract meaning from online text and argue against said perceived meaning). I have trained with jorge in miami before. I have the utmost respect for him and his skills and I so this he obviously deserves this (I didn't know that was even a question) so get those thoughts out of your head. Phone Post 3.0

brixx139 -
DarrenMullen -
brixx139 - 

Exactly. They are international. And yes, I understand all these things about the ibjjf. I wasn't trying to mean anything by asking my question, it was a curious question in that I would genuinely like to know what carlos jr and them think about this. I know I probably wouldn't agree but I'm curious. And thus my unsanswered questions still stand (since all any of you can do is extract meaning from online text and argue against said perceived meaning). I have trained with jorge in miami before. I have the utmost respect for him and his skills and I so this he obviously deserves this (I didn't know that was even a question) so get those thoughts out of your head. Phone Post 3.0
*unanswered
*and I do think
*whatever other mistakes I made, I'm on a phone Phone Post 3.0