Met a couple atheist last night

At a young professionals meeting. Wow. Most self absorbed, ignorant, "hey look at me" people I have ever met. I dont get how something.they dont believe in could consume so much of their lives.

And their company is doing awful.... Phone Post

You meet more atheists than you could comprehend every fucking day. Phone Post

JLFoster - At a young professionals meeting. Wow. Most self absorbed, ignorant, "hey look at me" people I have ever met. I dont get how something.they dont believe in could consume so much of their lives.

Did they come out and say "hi! I'm an atheist?"

I'd say 90% of the people I know in real life have no clue I'm an atheist. Mostly because talking about religion in real life is not fun. Phone Post 3.0

canuck34 -
JLFoster - At a young professionals meeting. Wow. Most self absorbed, ignorant, "hey look at me" people I have ever met. I dont get how something.they dont believe in could consume so much of their lives.

Did they come out and say "hi! I'm an atheist?"

I'd say 90% of the people I know in real life have no clue I'm an atheist. Mostly because talking about religion in real life is not fun. Phone Post 3.0

Yup, this. Funny when people find out eventually and act like "oh, I would've never guessed, you seem like such a good person." Lol as if we aren't normal human beings with morals. But the fact remains, most of those people would never take the time to get to know me if they knew my beliefs right off the bat. Phone Post

Is an atheist somebody who just doesn't believe in all the religious crap or is there more to it?

Cause it seems like people name off others as atheist almost like its a bad thing. Phone Post 3.0

There are more atheists than jews.

Fan of fanboys - OP fucked up his title. He meant to say 'meet a couple assholes last night whose only redeeming quality is that they were atheist'

Bc I could substitute atheist for almost anything the way OP worded it and it'd be an accurate statement. Read his post but instead of atheist say Cowboy fans, midgets, Russian, cheerleader, etc Phone Post 3.0
I am, was, kinda is three of these things. Phone Post 3.0

billid - Is an atheist somebody who just doesn't believe in all the religious crap or is there more to it?

Cause it seems like people name off others as atheist almost like its a bad thing. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah its only that.

However some people are annoyed by "militant atheists" who are always looking to get into a religious discussion.

Theres also the fact that every religious person thinks an atheist is a being with no morals(no bible lover= no morals see?) thats comdemned to fiery punishment in HELL for not embracing Jeebus.

Also athirst but I don't usually go around broadcasting it, but I hear more people talk about religion openly and freely yet you don't chastise them for trying to start a debate Phone Post 3.0

Never talk about: 1- Politics 2-Religion 3-Anything currently sensitive ie abortion
to anyone you don't know verrrry well already.

not ever worth it, in my experience.

Barbalos - Never talk about: 1- Politics 2-Religion 3-Anything currently sensitive ie abortion
to anyone you don't know verrrry well already.

not ever worth it, in my experience.

why not?

Too afraid they won like you? Awwwwwwww

billid - Is an atheist somebody who just doesn't believe in all the religious crap or is there more to it?

An atheist is someone who doesn't believe in god.

A = without;
Theist = a person who believes in a deity.

ATheist = without belief in a deity.

billid - Is an atheist somebody who just doesn't believe in all the religious crap or is there more to it?

Yes. It really is that simple but this thread will eventually break down into a debate and someone will inevitably start arguing over just what the definition of atheim is (as if it matters) (it doesn't). Yes, atheism is pretty much a lack of belief in all things god. Phone Post

Phuckles - 
billid - Is an atheist somebody who just doesn't believe in all the religious crap or is there more to it?

Yes. It really is that simple but this thread will eventually break down into a debate and someone will inevitably start arguing over just what the definition of atheim is (as if it matters) (it doesn't). Yes, atheism is pretty much a lack of belief in all things god. Phone Post

And just like any other people on the planet, Atheists can be good people and some are annoying pricks. I do however keep my Atheism on the down low these days since my boss is the type that would probably fire me if she found out I wasn't a Christian.

If they were in public at a business networking meeting and brought up religion or politics they are a douche.

There is a time and place for everything and if they are too stupid to realize that fuck em.

Truth is their are douche atheist , douche christians, douche jews, douche muslums, douche republicans, douche demorcrates, ect...

I'd say you're jealous. You decided to make a self absorbed attention getting thread on the Internet and wish you could do something similar in real life. Lol. Phone Post 3.0

allyourbasebase - I'd say you're jealous. You decided to make a self absorbed attention getting thread on the Internet and wish you could do something similar in real life. Lol. Phone Post 3.0

This. Oh how I wish I could make a fool of myself in front of my colleagues. You got me. Phone Post

They are ignorant because they are talking about religion at a work function and your ignorant for judging them. Just because they are pricks doesn't mean they are pricks because they are atheist. There are dumb fucking atheists and dumb fucking Christians. Phone Post 3.0

Fan of fanboys - OP fucked up his title. He meant to say 'meet a couple assholes last night whose only redeeming quality is that they were atheist'

Bc I could substitute atheist for almost anything the way OP worded it and it'd be an accurate statement. Read his post but instead of atheist say Cowboy fans, midgets, Russian, cheerleader, etc Phone Post 3.0

vu for you sir

JLFoster -
allyourbasebase - I'd say you're jealous. You decided to make a self absorbed attention getting thread on the Internet and wish you could do something similar in real life. Lol. Phone Post 3.0

This. Oh how I wish I could make a fool of myself in front of my colleagues. You got me. Phone Post

Lol you just prefer attention whoring in the Internet. You're just as bad as them. That's my point. Phone Post 3.0