Met a couple atheist last night

allyourbasebase -
JLFoster -
allyourbasebase - I'd say you're jealous. You decided to make a self absorbed attention getting thread on the Internet and wish you could do something similar in real life. Lol. Phone Post 3.0

This. Oh how I wish I could make a fool of myself in front of my colleagues. You got me. Phone Post

Lol you just prefer attention whoring in the Internet. You're just as bad as them. That's my point. Phone Post 3.0
This is a forum with discussion threads. He was simply sharing his experience. I don't think that qualifies as attention whoring. With your logic we are all attention whores on this forum. Phone Post 3.0

Alumatine -
allyourbasebase -
JLFoster -
allyourbasebase - I'd say you're jealous. You decided to make a self absorbed attention getting thread on the Internet and wish you could do something similar in real life. Lol. Phone Post 3.0

This. Oh how I wish I could make a fool of myself in front of my colleagues. You got me. Phone Post

Lol you just prefer attention whoring in the Internet. You're just as bad as them. That's my point. Phone Post 3.0
This is a forum with discussion threads. He was simply sharing his experience. I don't think that qualifies as attention whoring. With your logic we are all attention whores on this forum. Phone Post 3.0

He has no "logic". His statement is infact doing what he accuses me of. Phone Post

Only a handful of people I work with know in an atheist. I don't broadcast it, but if people ask I won't lie.

I don't see the point of arguing about religion with people. I've never seen someone admit losing in a religious argument. Phone Post 3.0

canuck34 -
JLFoster - At a young professionals meeting. Wow. Most self absorbed, ignorant, "hey look at me" people I have ever met. I dont get how something.they dont believe in could consume so much of their lives.

And their company is doing awful.... Phone Post
Did they come out and say "hi! I'm an atheist?"

I'd say 90% of the people I know in real life have no clue I'm an atheist. Mostly because talking about religion in real life is not fun. Phone Post 3.0
This. Phone Post 3.0

Almost every atheist I have ever met take pride in taunting the religious. I have one who recently tagged me in a post about Jesus being a fictional guy created by the Romans. You just have to roll your eyes. It is especially bad on college campuses when young students get their toes wet on the subject. Overall, the majority of atheists go out of their way to poke fun at people who believe in God and try and pull them into some sort of pointless debate. You see it on this site all the time. I rarely see people posting threads about their love and faith in God, but I do see atheist troll attempts that consist of things like.

Who created God
Are Morals man made,
Is Jesus fake,
Is Jesus a real person

Comes with the territory.

jcblass - Almost every atheist I have ever met take pride in taunting the religious. I have one who recently tagged me in a post about Jesus being a fictional guy created by the Romans. You just have to roll your eyes. It is especially bad on college campuses when young students get their toes wet on the subject. Overall, the majority of atheists go out of their way to poke fun at people who believe in God and try and pull them into some sort of pointless debate. You see it on this site all the time. I rarely see people posting threads about their love and faith in God, but I do see atheist troll attempts that consist of things like.

Who created God
Are Morals man made,
Is Jesus fake,
Is Jesus a real person

Comes with the territory.

When complete stranger christians stop coming to my door telling me to accept Jeebus or BURN for eternity, I will star complaining about atheist talking about religious beliefs in public forums.

Replace "atheist" with any religion and people's obvious response is "well duh, there are assholes in every religion." But when it comes to atheists, many people seem to think that's somehow different. THOSE people are the fucking dildos, not "atheists".

canuck34 -
JLFoster - At a young professionals meeting. Wow. Most self absorbed, ignorant, "hey look at me" people I have ever met. I dont get how something.they dont believe in could consume so much of their lives.

And their company is doing awful.... Phone Post
Did they come out and say "hi! I'm an atheist?"

I'd say 90% of the people I know in real life have no clue I'm an atheist. Mostly because talking about religion in real life is not fun. Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0

The majority of atheists are NOT the "in your face", militant anti-religious nuts that are on the internet and starting these public discussion. They're people like me, who simply don't give a shit. I see deeply religious types of all faiths, and I can't help but think, "REALLY!?!?"

I don't need a debate. I have a functioning mind and made an A in 7th-grade biology. I mean, COME ON ALREADY. So I don't feel the need to have public discussions, arguments on the internet, or broadcast it to friends and family at every turn.

Besides, it's all good now. The pope said atheists can get into heaven, and I do consider myself to be a good person. So, for those that simply love to argue, at this point it is simply "whatevs".

well, honestly sometimes i do get irritated having to listen to all this praise jesus shit all the time. i cant even watch 2 dudes try to kill each other inside a caged in ring without then hearing all about jesus and god.

So maybe i am annoying when i do get on one of my atheist kicks but damn if it doesnt get built up.

tunaburn - well, honestly sometimes i do get irritated having to listen to all this praise jesus shit all the time. i cant even watch 2 dudes try to kill each other inside a caged in ring without then hearing all about jesus and god.

So maybe i am annoying when i do get on one of my atheist kicks but damn if it doesnt get built up.

LOL. I understand where you're coming from there, brah. Every since I moved back to the south, sometimes I'm just fucking floored by the amount of "praise Jeebus!" shit I have to put up with. And the number of rich-ass motherfuckers, driving their Jaguars to church, and complaining about welfare and medicaid and unemployment benefits... WTF.

how does them being annoying relate to being an atheist? Are you saying religious people aren't annoying?

Christians never have any answers when challenged, other than to call the challenge/debate "pointless." Phone Post 3.0

It is my experience is that most atheist are like vegans, if someone is, they won't hesitate to tell you all about it.
Occasionally I will met one that is really awesome and doesn't need to tell everyone.

BackOffWarchild - The majority of atheists are NOT the "in your face", militant anti-religious nuts that are on the internet and starting these public discussion. They're people like me, who simply don't give a shit. I see deeply religious types of all faiths, and I can't help but think, "REALLY!?!?"

I don't need a debate. I have a functioning mind and made an A in 7th-grade biology. I mean, COME ON ALREADY. So I don't feel the need to have public discussions, arguments on the internet, or broadcast it to friends and family at every turn.

Besides, it's all good now. The pope said atheists can get into heaven, and I do consider myself to be a good person. So, for those that simply love to argue, at this point it is simply "whatevs".
. Phone Post 3.0

Ridgeback -
ProteinBake - Christians never have any answers when challenged, other than to call the challenge/debate "pointless." Phone Post 3.0

LOL.  Why don't you give me a try?

The story of Noah and the Ark is clearly impossible. Do you realize how many animals he would have had to have room and food for? Please explain how this is possible. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for the replies about the definition. I always figured it was just a non believer but the annoyance of atheists almost made it sound like there was more to it.

I think if you go out of your way to state that you are atheist you're basically saying you've taken the stance that you're ready to debate your non beliefs. Not all of them, but the hardcore non believers who make it a point to label themselves atheist are obviously using it as a trolling tool to engage believers.

IMO, society is at the point where atheists can now assume people are non believers. When I say non believers I include most religious people too. What I mean by this is atheists want to engage with people who truly believe there is a dude up above looking down on them and answering prayers by changing the future. People who believe a guy named Jesus died and came back to life. People who believe miracles were performed. I don't think most religious people even believe this so it's pointless to argue with religious people. They always have atheists trumped with their vague interpretation of what believing is to them, and it's never what atheist want to hear. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for the replies about the definition. I always figured it was just a non believer but the annoyance of atheists almost made it sound like there was more to it.

I think if you go out of your way to state that you are atheist you're basically saying you've taken the stance that you're ready to debate your non beliefs. Not all of them, but the hardcore non believers who make it a point to label themselves atheist are obviously using it as a trolling tool to engage believers.

IMO, society is at the point where atheists can now assume people are non believers. When I say non believers I include most religious people too. What I mean by this is atheists want to engage with people who truly believe there is a dude up above looking down on them and answering prayers by changing the future. People who believe a guy named Jesus died and came back to life. People who believe miracles were performed. I don't think most religious people even believe this so it's pointless to argue with religious people. They always have atheists trumped with their vague interpretation of what believing is to them, and it's never what atheist want to hear. Phone Post 3.0

i like the instrumental man made god those guys can really play, im looking forward to more stuff from jespers new band the resistance eye for an eye is cool