Metamoris 3 = Bravo > Gracie (New Fans)

I'm affiliated with Nova Uniao, however, if I were to leave my gym if go to a 10th Planet gym over a Gracie gym.

M3 sold me on some badass shit from EB.

A few other hardcore Jits guys I train with feel the same way. Phone Post 3.0

10th planet is some next level shit . Ive tried to be like bravo as much as possible as i am very flexible so rubber guard was something i looked to excel at Phone Post 3.0

I'm not talking shit about eddie but I won't be sold on his system until I see someone using it at the highest levels. Phone Post 3.0

Czer - I'm affiliated with Nova Uniao, however, if I were to leave my gym if go to a 10th Planet gym over a Gracie gym.

where do you train now then ?

So why does everyone gloss over eddie is a machado (gracie) BJJ blackbelt. His base is conventional jiu jitsu, You can build anything on top of that. He has solid black belt fundementals and muscle memory.

thebasher -
Czer - I'm affiliated with Nova Uniao, however, if I were to leave my gym if go to a 10th Planet gym over a Gracie gym.

where do you train now then ?
I train in the Toronto area.

The closest 10th planet to me is in Peterborough, which is over an hour away. I can't commit that much travel time one way to train. Phone Post 3.0

How about you develop your own game rather than mimicking somebody else's? Phone Post 3.0

Build up a solid base, then learn some 10th planet stuff, especially his half guard. It doen't need to be either/or, learn what you like

ECM - How about you develop your own game rather than mimicking somebody else's? Phone Post 3.0
Because I'm not good enough to develop my own individual style. I'm a blue belt. Phone Post 3.0

Czer - 
ECM - How about you develop your own game rather than mimicking somebody else's? Phone Post 3.0
Because I'm not good enough to develop my own individual style. I'm a blue belt. Phone Post 3.0

Then what would make you think that you are good enough to mimic someone else's style?

Czer -
I'm sure by now you have things that work well for you against other whites and blues - techniques you're just naturally adept at? There is the cornerstone of your game. Everything else just takes mat time Phone Post 3.0

Setree -
Czer - 

Then what would make you think that you are good enough to mimic someone else's style?
When I see EB's movements, they make sense to me.

And btw, your question is retarded buddy. Phone Post 3.0

ECM -
Czer -
I'm sure by now you have things that work well for you against other whites and blues - techniques you're just naturally adept at? There is the cornerstone of your game. Everything else just takes mat time Phone Post 3.0
I have a wrestling base and I'm a competitive blue belt. I have a seriously bad ass competitive training crew as well.

I'm realistic in my current status and where if like to be. I know what I'm naturally good at, however, I like EB's style. Phone Post 3.0

What makes you think you're good enough to be imitating EB's game when you should be imitating Abreu's game.  Don't you know it's for everybody?

MMAHistoryProject -

What makes you think you're good enough to be imitating EB's game when you should be imitating Abreu's game.  Don't you know it's for everybody?

This has become rhetorical.

It was fun while it lasted boys. Phone Post 3.0

Czer -
Setree -
Czer - 

I totally agree man!! Phone Post 3.0

i now have tremendous respect for eddie bravo as an individual. he's been a class act through and through and absolutely dominated. i generally have more respect for 10th planet now

10th planet system is fantastically creative and innovative. I love the sincerity i hear in eddie's voice when he says "I'm doing this FOR jiu jitsu"

however, a great system doesn't guarantee great instructors nor success (which is true with any school or any style of jiu jitsu). i just don't know if it makes sense to take a gracie school over a 10th planet school or vice versa, based on the performance of certain individuals.

Czer - 
Setree -
Czer - 

Then by all means, proceed! Shame on me for bothering you with my retarded questions. I have nothing to offer you.