Mexico now 2nd DEADLIEST Conflict Zone in World

Mexico Now World's Deadliest Conflict Zone After Syria

'Mexico overtakes Iraq and Afghanistan'

Mexico has surpassed Iraq and Afghanistan to become the world's second-most deadly conflict zone after Syria, according to a study of wars around the globe.

That level of bloodshed is all the more surprising, because "Mexico is a conflict marked by the absence of artillery, tanks or combat aviation," IISS director general John Chipman said in remarks in London on Tuesday. Virtually all of those deaths were caused by small arms.

Chipman and the report's authors were downbeat about the prospects for reducing these levels of violence on several counts.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-05-09/mexico-now-world-s-deadliest-conflict-zone-after-syria-survey

Cocaine is serious business

It's cause America is racist, duh!

Hey I have an idea, lets tell adults what they can and can not put in their body and lets have a big war on drugs that will enrich the most sociopathic and violent among us!

BJ Penn Forever - Hey I have an idea, lets tell adults what they can and can not put in their body and lets have a big war on drugs that will enrich the most sociopathic and violent among us!

But drugs are bad. We must spend trillions to combat them!!  What come after trillions? Let’s spend that too

"Discoveries of bodies tossed by the roadside, strung up on bridges, or buried in mass graves have become regular events in Mexico.

The total number of violent robberies also rose 37.5%, while violent car robberies -- car-jackings -- have risen 41% during the first 11 months of the year."

It's always surprising to me how we attribute statistics to an entire country.

I'm sure we could fill pages of posts about how many of us have been all over Mexico and have never seen any violence. I've been to the cities, small towns etc. Nothing.

Nicaragua/El Salvador/Columbia same thing. Always been a positive experience. Friendly people and beautiful scenery.

These violent areas must be very localized.

Colombia

sparkyman - It's always surprising to me how we attribute statistics to an entire country.

I'm sure we could fill pages of posts about how many of us have been all over Mexico and have never seen any violence. I've been to the cities, small towns etc. Nothing.

Nicaragua/El Salvador/Columbia same thing. Always been a positive experience. Friendly people and beautiful scenery.

Yeah...the violence is all basically in one small town and the rest of Mexico is a lot like Cabo.

I'm booking my vacation today!

Shit hole countries 

Just send spec ops dudes in there for live training

sparkyman - It's always surprising to me how we attribute statistics to an entire country.

Apparently you missed my post where violent robberies, car jackings, and female murders are all way up as well throughout the country.

Junnk - It's cause America is racist, duh!

No, it's because they need to provide the demand for drugs Americans crave.

ReneH -
Junnk - It's cause America is racist, duh!

No, it's because they need to provide the demand for drugs Americans crave.
Nobody in the rest of the world consumes drugs? Nobody in Canada? Nobody in Latin America? Nobody in Europe?

Quite amazing how these other countries remain drug free.

i'm still tempted to convert my CADs into 2 mil peso and retire down there

When people say America is real safe outside of about 10 counties they’re immediately accused of being racist.

I feel way more unsafe here in Chicago than I ever have traveling through Mexico.

Gancho Al Hígado - I feel way more unsafe here in Chicago than I ever have traveling through Mexico.

Chicago is a shithole.