MFC IV Highlight Video

Posted a short highlight clip from the Michigan Fighting Challenge IV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NudAXIr8p-k

The next event is October 3, 2009 in Monroe, MI.

"ARE LAWYERS"

So professional.

My apologizes. Good luck with your organization.

big jer - "ARE LAWYERS"

So professional.

I am sure Mark has lawyers that can spell very well.

are lawyers?

are lawyers? Same one's that you used against Ryan Ford?

this could git big.

Maximum Fighting - There's only #1 MFC, Your name is fine but using the "MFC" IS A NO, NO. Are lawyers will be in touch.

Unless your Trademark actually includes the abbreviation MFC, is actually not solely Maximum FIghting Championship and encompasses all uses including but not limited to any non regional, similar event using the same "logo" or you've nationally/worldwide trademarked your Name Compund you have no case.  Though I welcome you to waste your time =P

I was just showcasing a highlight clip of an event I attended. I was not aware of the other organization.

I put MFC highlight clip on this post as an abbreviation, however I am not the promoter. No where is MFC used on there website or on advertising.

Maximum Fighting - There's only #1 MFC, Your name is fine but using the "MFC" IS A NO, NO. Are lawyers will be in touch.

really, do you think plugging your orginization on this thread is a great idea?

oh look, it's one of the biggest douches in mma

The Mouth - 

Unless your Trademark actually includes the abbreviation MFC, is actually not solely Maximum FIghting Championship and encompasses all uses including but not limited to any non regional, similar event using the same "logo" or you've nationally/worldwide trademarked your Name Compund you have no case.  Though I welcome you to waste your time =P

That is incorrect.  Trademarks may be obtained through the patent office or simply through use.  I forget all of the necessary elements to obtain a trademark throuugh use but essentially, you can get one if you have used the trademark in such a way that the defendant's good are likely to be confused with the plaintiff's by the target market. 

Could anyone give me more info on this MFC organization?

kidpresentable - 
The Mouth - 

That is incorrect.  Trademarks may be obtained through the patent office or simply through use.  I forget all of the necessary elements to obtain a trademark throuugh use but essentially, you can get one if you have used the trademark in such a way that the defendant's good are likely to be confused with the plaintiff's by the target market. 

I own multiple trademarks.  He would have to prove that this show in Michigan is gaining exposure, momentum and income because of said confusion.  Which he will be unable to do.  MFC in Canada is a regional show with above average exposure but not large enough for the Michigan show to benefit.  Not only that but you can only trademark "Maximum Fighting Championship" and you cannot enforce "Fighting Championship" without Maximum in front of it.  Not to mention the fact that you have to build a case for the trademark and patent office that MFC would be relevant to trademark even though its just an abbreviation.  You have to do so via branding, exposure and time.  Typically years of it.  Trust me, I love you and you're a lawyer but... there is no case here.

Good info.

The Mouth - 
kidpresentable - 
The Mouth - 

I own multiple trademarks.  He would have to prove that this show in Michigan is gaining exposure, momentum and income because of said confusion.  Which he will be unable to do.  MFC in Canada is a regional show with above average exposure but not large enough for the Michigan show to benefit.  Not only that but you can only trademark "Maximum Fighting Championship" and you cannot enforce "Fighting Championship" without Maximum in front of it.  Not to mention the fact that you have to build a case for the trademark and patent office that MFC would be relevant to trademark even though its just an abbreviation.  You have to do so via branding, exposure and time.  Typically years of it.  Trust me, I love you and you're a lawyer but... there is no case here.

That is the correct counter argument but MaximumFC is going to argue that there is a likelyhood of confusion in the target market.  I personally think confusion is likely as MaximumFC is more than a regional show.  They are on HDnet and use high profile fighters.  For example, when I first clicked on this thread, I thought it was the MaximumFC.  I am not saying his case is a slam dunk, but I think he has a strong argument.

Mark,

you suck and our a big ol douche...that's all-have a great day!

kidpresentable - 
The Mouth - 
kidpresentable - 
The Mouth - 

That is the correct counter argument but MaximumFC is going to argue that there is a likelyhood of confusion in the target market.  I personally think confusion is likely as MaximumFC is more than a regional show.  They are on HDnet and use high profile fighters.  For example, when I first clicked on this thread, I thought it was the MaximumFC.  I am not saying his case is a slam dunk, but I think he has a strong argument.

You only feel that way because of your involvement in MMA.  Its a niche.  No one in Michigan rooting on their cousins little brother in a cage knows or gives a shit about Maximum Fighting Championship.

The Mouth - 
kidpresentable - 
The Mouth - 
kidpresentable - 
The Mouth - 

You only feel that way because of your involvement in MMA.  Its a niche.  No one in Michigan rooting on their cousins little brother in a cage knows or gives a shit about Maximum Fighting Championship.

Absolutely correct.  But in order to demonstrate confusion, one needs to show confusion in the target audience, or "niche" as you called it.   

kidpresentable - 
The Mouth - 
kidpresentable - 
The Mouth - 
kidpresentable - 
The Mouth - 

Absolutely correct.  But in order to demonstrate confusion, one needs to show confusion in the target audience, or "niche" as you called it.   

Michigan Fighting Challenge's market is probably 50 miles outside where it holds it's events