Miami Connection (1987)

Anyone seen this amazingly awful movie??

Stars a young Maurice Smith...it has ninjas, TKD, 80 pop rock and some of the greatest acting, writing and stunt fighting of all time!

i have seen it.. and i know you are joking about "great" everything..

Its just another cheesy 80s movie that is extremely bad, but good if you like those type of movies..

The Maurice Smith you are thinking of (frmr UFC champ) unfortunately is not the guy. They just share the same name. ironic... i know. But if you watch the special features on the dvd, there is a 25th reunion show of Dragon Sound and they actually show the black guy playing keyboards.

Miami Connection was basically a movie made by college students for their film class. All of them are friends in real life and trained in TKD under Master Y.K. Kim in florida..

If anyone is a fan of these type of movies, it certainly is worth watching. Just NO (UFC) Maurice Smith present. Phone Post

armbarheelhook - i have seen it.. and i know you are joking about "great" everything..

Its just another cheesy 80s movie that is extremely bad, but good if you like those type of movies..

The Maurice Smith you are thinking of (frmr UFC champ) unfortunately is not the guy. They just share the same name. ironic... i know. But if you watch the special features on the dvd, there is a 25th reunion show of Dragon Sound and they actually show the black guy playing keyboards.

Miami Connection was basically a movie made by college students for their film class. All of them are friends in real life and trained in TKD under Master Y.K. Kim in florida..

If anyone is a fan of these type of movies, it certainly is worth watching. Just NO (UFC) Maurice Smith present. Phone Post

Damn really, I guess Wikipedia was wrong. Oh well I loved it.

Plus I went to UCF so its a little extra special to me Phone Post

im pretty sure they are wrong... now (UFC) Maurice Smith was in a Don "The Dragon" Wilson movie called Bloodfist 2 (1990).
Which means they probably filmed it in 89'. so we are talking 2yrs apart.? You can compare the two.

I think if you still live in and around UCF, Master Y.K. Kim still has a TKD school in operation..? Phone Post

I know Martial Arts World was still going downtown last time I was around that part of town. Phone Post