Michael Bisping In "UFC Hall of Fame"???

why not just let everyone in Good fighter But no

He's had over 20 ufc fights, 16 victories, been en ever present top 10 mw, and nearly all his losses have been to trt users or roiders. Won the ultimate fighter and coached a season too. I think the guy deserves it Phone Post 3.0

RustyTrombone - He's had over 20 ufc fights, 16 victories, been en ever present top 10 mw, and nearly all his losses have been to trt users or roiders. Won the ultimate fighter and coached a season too. I think the guy deserves it Phone Post 3.0

I can't argue with any of that, but when guys like Frank Shamrock and Don Frye aren't in, I have a hard time justifying putting in a 'good but not great' guy just because he was good for business and an exemplary company man.

I've no problem with that. Phone Post 3.0

He'll be inducted into the contribution hall of fame for what he's done for the sport in the UK. Plus the points rusty made Phone Post 3.0

I just find it odd... guy was never even Top 5 in his division.

It was nice that he was from Europe... but there have been much bigger ambassadors who were much more important to MMA (i.e. Crocop).

Steve4192 -
RustyTrombone - He's had over 20 ufc fights, 16 victories, been en ever present top 10 mw, and nearly all his losses have been to trt users or roiders. Won the ultimate fighter and coached a season too. I think the guy deserves it Phone Post 3.0

I can't argue with any of that, but when guys like Frank Shamrock and Don Frye aren't in, I have a hard time justifying putting in a 'good but not great' guy just because he was good for business and an exemplary company man.

"He's convinced me, give me my dollar back" Phone Post 3.0

Unlike a sport's organization like say, Major League Baseball, Zuffa seems to have zero understanding about the difference between the "Hall of Very Good" and the "Hall of Fame."

A good rule of thumb they use in baseball and football is that when a name is brought up, if you have to think about it for second, odds are they aren't getting in. Clearly, one has to think about whether or not Bisping belongs in the HOF. And this is coming from someone who actually likes the guy.

Bisping in the HOF?  Really?  JFC, can't imagine him being in the HOF outside of being a visitor or employee.  The guy is good but not great and hasn't had a career that in 10 years people will look back upon and recall fondly (outside of being on the wrong side of a Hendo KO).  Nice guy?  Sure.  Great for helping to open a certain market?  Sure.  Career accomplishments that justify HOF?  HEEEELLL no

Leghound -

Bisping in the HOF?  Really?  JFC, can't imagine him being in the HOF outside of being a visitor or employee.  The guy is good but not great and hasn't had a career that in 10 years people will look back upon and recall fondly (outside of being on the wrong side of a Hendo KO).  Nice guy?  Sure.  Great for helping to open a certain market?  Sure.  Career accomplishments that justify HOF?  HEEEELLL no

This guy makes sense. Phone Post 3.0

lionsoul -

I just find it odd... guy was never even Top 5 in his division.

It was nice that he was from Europe... but there have been much bigger ambassadors who were much more important to MMA (i.e. Crocop).

In eastern Europe yes. In western Europe (the richer part of Europe) Cro Cop made little impact. Plus, Cro Cop did his best work in Japan. Phone Post 3.0

Steve4192 - 
Morgz - 

He pretty much single handedly introduced the rest of the world to UK MMA.  Maybe it was more a situation of the time being just right, but when he came out of TUF 3, a lot of people loved him, and then not too much after that there was huge flood of Brittish MMA fighters.  I think that is what stamps his ticket to the HOF

Bobby Lupo is going to use this same argument for his 'Alessio Sakara for the UFC HOF' campaign.

LOLz!  Except who followed Sakara into teh UFC from Italy after that?  

they should honor bisping's elite gatekeeper status by putting his plaque at the entrance to the UFC hall of fame

Great contribution to the sport. I could argue more against it than for it but it wouldn't upset me if he got the nod in 20 years. Phone Post 3.0

evh - they should honor bisping's elite gatekeeper status by putting his plaque at the entrance to the UFC hall of fame
I lol'd Phone Post 3.0

I approve of this. Bisping is a legend. Phone Post 3.0

JohnMc1 - 
Thingading - Unlike a sport's organization like say, Major League Baseball, Zuffa seems to have zero understanding about the difference between the "Hall of Very Good" and the "Hall of Fame."

A good rule of thumb they use in baseball and football is that when a name is brought up, if you have to think about it for second, odds are they aren't getting in. Clearly, one has to think about whether or not Bisping belongs in the HOF. And this is coming from someone who actually likes the guy.

Like I said previously when they inducted Bonnar they opened the floodgates where anybody could get in. Bisping has been much more successful in MMA than Bonnar. Bonnar's only claim to fame is the fight with Forrest. That shouldn't be the only thing to get into a HOF.

I don't disagree with you about Bonnar. But I don't think two wrongs make a right, either. They screwed up once, and should learn from it, IMO. But they won't.

Leghound - 

Pretty much sums it up.
Makes a great fight analyst though.

A good company man deserves a good job after fighting if possible, not HOF.. A great fighter deserves the HOF. Phone Post 3.0

He should definitely be in the Fight section of the hall of fame for that historic robbery he pulled off against Matt Hammil.
Greatest bullshit decision ever.
Other than that absolutely the fuck not!!! Phone Post 3.0