Michael Chandler appreciation

As he always says, he isn’t here for a long time, he’s here for a good time. Between his fights, his interviews and his call outs, what a good time its been.

He isn’t scared to stand and bang with the best of them, but he also doesn’t forget his D1 roots. I love the way he mixes in his wrestling with his striking.

PaltryBruisedIcelandicsheepdog-size_restricted

He may never be UFC champ, but man what a career hes had so far. I also can’t think of someone who has called out so many high level guys so quickly: Conor x2, Khabib, Dustin 2x, Charles, Gaethje and now rumored to want Nate.

SEE YOU AT THE TOP!

10 Likes

4 Likes

1 Like

The guy has really hit the ground running coming to the UFC…as he’s said himself. Next to Charles, one of the most exciting and dangerous guys in the game. Cant wait for him to replace DC as a commentator too.

6 Likes

Got a gif of his blast double vs Tony?

1 Like

Ill look, that was a great takedown

Good call on him becoming a commentator or analyst too. He has positioned himself perfectly as a Fighter and for his Post Fight Career. What I think separates him from a lot of the analysts the UFC uses (I’m looking at you DC) is he seems to be very un-biased and even when talking about himself or peers he is able to remove his bias and analyze it on a practical level.

After he KO’d Tony he was at the desk on the post fight show and those guys with him sitting right there on the headset were talking up Oliveira as the best in the world right now. Chandler just not nodded and contributed. No ego inserting himself in there even when it was his night too. That is a Champion and shows a lot of Character.

3 Likes

Didn’t he used to train at the Dom Cruz San Diego camp before the Hooft camp?

His fight with Eddie was in my top 3 Bellator fights of all time. Both where good but one or the another was amazing

1 Like

Yeah I think he was there for a few years. Even started in Strikeforce before Bellator too.

I took this photo of him and Ben in late 08 or early 09 when they came up to help train TJ Grant for his UFC debut against Chonan.

Both awesome guys and I think they had a lot of fun with us.

(RIP Jimmo)

8 Likes

How’s TJ now?

2 Likes

He’s probably one of the best acquisition ever made by the UFC coming off another promotion, the dude puts asses in seats

2 Likes

Awesome pic!

1 Like

Chandler is phenomenal. Glad he waited for UFC. The gif above up there… Chandler had the stank leg that one fight, right? What a weird one that was. Dude is stellar though, complete beast.

2 Likes

Chandler vs Eddie Alvarez 1 took place the same night as Shogun vs Hendo. 2 FOTYs same night. And while those 2 were battling for Bellator Gold, Ben Henderson was the Champ in the UFC. Chandler would defeat him twice later on. Chandlers been a monster for over a decade it’s kind of amazing he is 4 for 4 on must see UFC performances in 2021-2022.

Hooker and Ferguson.

But no one is saying he’s the best. It’s about how exciting his fights are, how he brings it every fight and his great attitude.

3 Likes

To balance this lovefest out…Time for the lowest point of Chandlers career…

Chandler should’ve called out this Commission guy for a fight after that

Live By The Sword… Die By The Stool

4 Likes

Thing is, he was a zig or zag away from beating Charles

2 Likes

On a given night he’s capable of beating anyone in his division.

4 Likes