Michael Dukakis warns Democrats on crime

A generation ago, Michael Dukakis saw his chances of winning the presidency crushed after Republicans cast him as soft on crime.

Now he is warning his party not to make the same mistake.

The “defund the police” movement is “nuts,” Dukakis, the Democratic presidential nominee in 1988, told this column.

“I’m saying to myself, my God, what the hell is going on here?” Dukakis added during a 40-minute phone interview from his home in Brookline, Mass., late last week.

“On one hand, you have folks screaming and yelling about getting rid of policing, which makes no sense at all. And then on the other hand, you have some people totally misinterpreting what community policing is, just as we were really making huge progress,” he said.

The Duke!

Lol but if you remove the cops, there’s no one to report the crime to… boom, no more crime (reported) overnight.

Big problems call for big solutions!

4 Likes

Defund the police in areas that don’t want police and then re-allocate that funding to protect the nicer areas and keep them nice and property prices high.

3 Likes

Whenever I see that guys name I always think, for a split second, I’m about to jump into an American Ninja thread.

3 Likes

If GOP doesn’t take the house and Senate next year then I have no faith in the people of this country or the integrity of the voting process. There’s no way with how the libs handle crime we should ever elect another lib to a major office. Refusing to convict criminals, releasing criminals from prison and eliminating bail has cause complete chaos in every major city run by a lib.

2 Likes

When this fucking guy has to step in and give you some common sense advice……

6 Likes

great example of how not all Liberals are of the LGBT/BLM/ANTIFA variety and there are many which simply believe in FREE country…like FREE to be GAY(good for the OG), FREE to enjoy Marijuana…and FREE to go to JAIL if you hurt another person

and also such reasonably minded LIBERALS believe in things like Universal Healthcare where the PEOPLE enjoy some ROI(return on INVESTEMENTaxes) instead of just the Billionaire Philanthropists enjoying some Non-Profit LoopHoles and Corporate WellFare

1 Like

Here is the thing… He is from Brookline. I’m in Brookline right now. They are fucking nuts. Crazy. The city council is full sjw, non-police radical leftists. The entire city sucks.

That’s why the left are now blaming the right for the crime/defunding police.

2 Likes

"Defunding police means defunding police,” the congresswoman said in a statement. “It does not mean budget tricks or funny math. It does not mean moving school police officers from the NYPD budget to the Department of Education’s budget so the exact same police remain in schools.”

-The Libtards High Priestess

1 Like

So there are Stages of the Liberalism disease and Dukakis is Stage 1 and AOC is Stage 4.

1 Like

Trump would have had a field day with “little Mikey Dukakis”

Instead of universal health care how about keeping yourself a jacked gym bro or a healthy lemur and saving and investing that money so that when you become an old man you stay fit and can show the next generation of young ladies the proper way to burn off excessive calories.

because Patrick Swayze, Andy Whitfield, Bruce Lee, Lance Armstrong…you can work out all you like but the RULE of NATURE determines that humans are a fragile organism with an expiration date and Medical Bankruptcy SUCKS so since we are part of a FIRST WORLD CIVILIZATION in the LEADER of the FREE WORLD RICH NATION BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD then as CITIZENS we should not suffer MEDICAL BANKRUPTCY like some International Backwater

Funny how lefties use outliers as the norm when it suits them. As then the norm as outliers for other arguments.

1 Like