Michael Page pulls out again

Actually it seems like hes still on the card and its actually his opponent thats pulled out of the fight. They are currently looking for a new opponent for michael page. This is according to mike bohn Phone Post 3.0

RamBam - Actually it seems like hes still on the card and its actually his opponent thats pulled out of the fight. They are currently looking for a new opponent for michael page. This is according to mike bohn Phone Post 3.0

Thats fantastic.  Voted up.

Love watching MVP fight.

Morgz -
SDONOVAN82 -
Morgz - What's the reason?

Isn't Paul Daley also on the card? If so, I think Bellator is just fine with the "local talent". Phone Post 3.0
Daley is from Nottingham, not local at all. Phone Post 3.0
Well it's still in England. It's not like the UFC is marketing only to London area fight fans. It's a 3 hour drive and even less on a train. Phone Post 3.0
But it's not local. Phone Post 3.0

rexthedog -
SDONOVAN82 -

Isn't Paul Daley also on the card? If so, I think Bellator is just fine with the "local talent". Phone Post 3.0
And Bisping is from Manchester (or nearby) but he still headlined many London cards for the UFC and was cheered as a hero

Seriously this might be the worst post I've ever seen Phone Post 3.0
How is it the worst post ever? The op was referring to local talent. Someone said Daley was local, which he isn't. Phone Post 3.0

A friend of mine is friends with Fernando, and his daughter rolls with Alexis Dufresne at Dan's. He said Fernando was told friday after Alexis's fight that Page withdrew. They supposedly are getting him another fight. 

I would like to see him fight Daley again, but with MMA rules. Maybe after Paul blasts out Kosheck.

Bobby91k - I didn't even know he had a fight scheduled. I know he just beat someone via toe hold recently Phone Post 3.0
Not to be some BJJ nerd but it was a Corkscrew footlock. Google it. Shit is absolutely savage and an insane sub to pull off in a MMA fight. Phone Post 3.0

Is Bellator trying to protect Page at home or did Fernando just happen to get hurt today. 

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/05/fernando-gonzalez-out-of-bellator-158-promotion-seeks-replacement-vs-michael-venom-page

Protecting their investment. Bellator has very few young guys of their own with any potential of becoming stars. They don't want to ruin his image and glossy record.

EddyWappaDingDongSnapOnSocketH - 
rexthedog -
SDONOVAN82 -

And Bisping is from Manchester (or nearby) but he still headlined many London cards for the UFC and was cheered as a hero

How is it the worst post ever? The op was referring to local talent. Someone said Daley was local, which he isn't. Phone Post 3.0

No one said Daley was local.  I inferred  that Daley  would be close enough, and it is.  Just as Bisping being from Manchester was close enough for UFC shows at the O2 Arena.

Maybe calling it the worst post he's ever seen was a bit harsh, but I don't know all of the other posts he's seen, either, so maybe not?  It was a bad post.  Just someone trying to pick something they see on a typed page and trying to refute it.  Typical UG.

Now on with the Michael Venon Page talk....he's awesome, and glad he's apparantly still on the card.

Morgz -
rexthedog -
SDONOVAN82 -

No one said Daley was local.  I inferred  that Daley  would be close enough, and it is.  Just as Bisping being from Manchester was close enough for UFC shows at the O2 Arena.

Maybe calling it the worst post he's ever seen was a bit harsh, but I don't know all of the other posts he's seen, either, so maybe not?  It was a bad post.  Just someone trying to pick something they see on a typed page and trying to refute it.  Typical UG.

Now on with the Michael Venon Page talk....he's awesome, and glad he's apparantly still on the card.

To be fair it read like you were referring to Daley as local talent.

But yes! Big shame that Page is out. Love watching the guy fight. Phone Post 3.0

EddyWappaDingDongSnapOnSocketH -
Morgz -
rexthedog -
SDONOVAN82 -

But yes! Big shame that Page is out. Love watching the guy fight. Phone Post 3.0
Oh wait? He's still on the card?

Fantastic if true. Phone Post 3.0

SDONOVAN82 -

Are you serious? Do you know how much support has in the UK? He's local to Manchester, Nottingham, London everywhere! Daley is old school and fought most of his early career in London. He's local as can be. This event is at Wembley there will be people travelling from alk over

As to people getting annoyed with MVP not making the fight. Seriously? 

EddyWappaDingDongSnapOnSocketH -
Morgz -
rexthedog -
SDONOVAN82 -

Oh wait? He's still on the card?

Fantastic if true. Phone Post 3.0

According to rambam's post near the bottom of page 1, yes.  I hope he's correct.  MVP is great fun to watch.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/25/11774514/bellator-seeks-new-opponent-for-michael-page-after-fernando-gonzalez

"Bellator officials are determined to make sure Michael Page fights at home in London on July 16. But his opponent won't be Fernando Gonzalez.

MMAFighting.com confirmed an initial Wednesday report by MMAJunkie.com that Gonzalez has pullled out of their Bellator 158 welterweight bout due to visa issues. But a Bellator rep says the company is "actively seeking an opponent" to keep "Venom" on the show at O2 Arena."

This guy makes Cain and Cruz look durable. Phone Post 3.0

Rumbleeee -

So the opposite of what OP said is happening? Lol

According to what Fernando is saying, he is not the one who withdrew. He said this weekend that he was told friday that Page was out and another fight would be made for him. I made my post well before any media reported the fight was off. So I'm not just making shit up.

MMAFighting and MMAJunkie both have independently confirmed that Gonzalez is the one off the card, not MVP. Phone Post 3.0

Morgz -

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/25/11774514/bellator-seeks-new-opponent-for-michael-page-after-fernando-gonzalez

"Bellator officials are determined to make sure Michael Page fights at home in London on July 16. But his opponent won't be Fernando Gonzalez.

MMAFighting.com confirmed an initial Wednesday report by MMAJunkie.com that Gonzalez has pullled out of their Bellator 158 welterweight bout due to visa issues. But a Bellator rep says the company is "actively seeking an opponent" to keep "Venom" on the show at O2 Arena."

Lol!

?
48m
Jason Floyd‏ @Jason_Floyd
Fernando Gonzalez (@menifeemaniac) is not injured and is just going with the flow 

themmareport.com

Whatever "going with the flow" means