Mickey Rourke opponent claims he was paid to dive

touch - 
Porkchop - 
touch - 
Porkchop - So, everyone in here knew it was a fixed fight, but here is a video of Rourkes' opponent admitting that it was a fixed fight and he was told by Vadim and his team to go down in the 2nd and also not to hit Rourke in the face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nCW4xPPC7M#

Blue Please - Thanks!

This fucking dude can't even get the names straight lol Vadim (Finkelstein) has nothing to do with boxing whatsoever, I guess he meant Vladimir Hryunov, famous boxing promoter. This guy

"This fucking dude can't even get the names straight lol"

I hope you're not referring to me. I quoted the guy in the video directly. He said Vadim.

If you want to claim he doesn't know the names of the people he dealt with then that's your call.

Your hope holds true bro.

This man doesn't know the names of the people he dealt with, here I am making my call!

lol fair enough.

You may very well be right. The guy doesn't sound too bright.

I think the guy said he thought Rourke was not aware of the fix. I hope this is the case. I think Rourke has said or alluded to the meaning of the fight being some sort of metaphor for him fighting through issues in his life, which is something I can kind of relate to. The only motive I can think of for him to willingly participate in the fix would be if he thought it would just get his name out there to try to get more roles or if it was some method acting shit leading up to his next role. Those are reasonable motives, but I want to believe Rourke is just nutty enough to feel like throwing blows would somehow be good for his psyche.

This is all the same as Seagal did with the training. Publicity for upcomming flops.

ChaosOverkill -

This is all the same as Seagal did with the training. Publicity for upcomming flops.

You're right. Rourke is desperate to stay relevant. His hollywood loyal might think the fight was real but most of them wouldn't know a real fight from pro wrestling I'd imagine. Phone Post 3.0

English Mutant Soccer Turmoil - 
EvilMaster - This whole thing was utter nonsense. Who does this fucking old actor think he is? What motive could he have possibly had to do this other than he's just an idiot?
Cause hes old as fuck but wants to pretend hes a tough guy and athlete instead of accepting it. Phone Post 3.0

Bingo!

Rourke wanted to live his own personal Rocky moment. Closest to the real thing he was ever going to get at this point in his life.

It was sad to see really.

Lol @ he's pulling a double bluff! Phone Post 3.0

Really?! Phone Post 3.0

He just blew his chance for taking future dives.

He will be found in an alley now dead in a "robbery gone bad" Phone Post 3.0