No more always online requirement

The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours

All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360

Authentication is no longer necessary

An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console

All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline

No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs

Region locks have been dropped

Source: http://kotaku.com/microsoft-is-removing-xbox-one-drm-514390310?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

This generation just got a bit more interesting.

the plot thickens.

I was vocally critical of the Xbone, and said there was no way in hell I was going to buy it unless these issues were addressed.

Consider me back on the bandwagon.

"You can't fight the internet."-Rogan Phone Post

Now if we could only get EA to release Plants vs. Zombies 2 on something other than IOS we would have it made!

I'm curious to see how much damage has already been done.

TSMontana - Too. Fucking. Late. (imo). PS4 pre-orders are already made and developers had to take notice and plan their software development accordingly.

It could be, but I don't think so.

I think there were plenty of people like me who pretty much figured they would cave when they realized we were  serious about not buying.

My guess is they looked at their preorder sales (and internet chatter) and realized they were headed for DOOM, and changed course.

TSMontana - Too. Fucking. Late. (imo). PS4 pre-orders are already made and developers had to take notice and plan their software development accordingly.

its been a week.

that's too late?

At least they listen to their customers.

Lol Phone Post 3.0

Tiresias - 
Adulterous_Zucchini -

Bravo guys. All this uproar got the job done

Yup. Gotta hand it to the OG. Phone Post

*insert Bush 43 mission accomplished pic

Well, well, well. Apparently when they announced this on the website, it crashed. Phone Post 3.0

Is this real life?

not a gamer, but am glad to see marketplace competition and customer anger forcing a company to drop a bad practice which could otherwise have become an industry trend

In. Phone Post

microsoft just gonna put back those requirements after initial sales wave?

MRxZOBOOMAFOO - Well, well, well. Apparently when they announced this on the website, it crashed. Phone Post 3.0

Must have the same server as mma.tv

Holy crapola.

I hope Ballmer's resignation letter is on its way to the board of directors.

I wonder how many people were fired over the original disastrous ideas as it cost them millions?