Microsoft Flight Simulator returns 2020 WOW (VID)

Microsoft was the original in Flight Sim. I remember as a boy playing the early iterations on my joystick dreaming to one day fly my own plane. 

Microsoft has finally come back after being away for years. They are using their Bing maps and Azure cloud to map out the real world and also have real time weather etc. It looks amazing.

Trailer:

2nd trailer (wow)

1 Like

apparently they've managed to include all 36,000+ airports in the world in the game. 

pretty nuts

2 Likes

Terrorist honey pot

7 Likes

They say the world is so detailed and accurate you will even be able to fly over your house. Incredible.

2 Likes

In.   I love this.  I logged hundreds of hours on Falcon 4.0 back in the day.   

1 Like

I studied for my private pilot before and fly small planes like Cessna 172, Diamond Katanas, Piper's.

I'm really psyched about this new flight sim, it looks great.  There are great sims like XPlane and Prepar3d out there which allow you to fly from thousands of airports and with real scenery. Perhaps give XPlane a try. 

Looking forward to this

Really cool. This is one thing that Microsoft has always done well.

1 Like

Al Queda boners all around

2 Likes

I don't see any bombs, missiles, explosions or fire  so that's a no from me.

2 Likes

Can you fly all types of planes? an Antonov A-2? 

In

grady - 

apparently they've managed to include all 36,000+ airports in the world in the game. 

pretty nuts

How big will this game be, gezz. 2 TB?

Hope PMDG are in on this. 

topteam71 - 

Can you fly all types of planes? an Antonov A-2? 

Normally the FS standard planes are awful. Guess we will just have to wait and see. TBH there is PMDG, then there is the rest. I had over 3k in FSX, guess this is going to hit my wallet hard. 

What kind of controllers are good these days? Back in the time of game ports on sound cards I had a flight stick and a sweet racing wheel/pedals. 

I just finished building my pc for FS2020.

I cannot wait until release, It's going to be nuts.  I am going to pick up a Honeycomb yoke for it too.

ShortyMac -

I studied for my private pilot before and fly small planes like Cessna 172, Diamond Katanas, Piper's.

I'm really psyched about this new flight sim, it looks great.  There are great sims like XPlane and Prepar3d out there which allow you to fly from thousands of airports and with real scenery. Perhaps give XPlane a try. 

Oh yeah I'm familiar with current flight sims. I still use them sometimes to fly my real route to an unfamiliar airport and for fun.

I think Microsoft coming back with the backing they have is really going to take it to the next level.

They have 2 major things, Bing maps and the Azure cloud service. These are going to be the most detailed and photorealistic scenery we have ever seen. And it is going to be 100% accurate based on actual real world mapping.

And Microsoft has the extensive cloud network to operate all of this on. Microsoft was a flight sim Juggernaut. 

I read an interview on why they returned, they said they now have the technology with maps and the cloud to be a gamechanger.

Add this to Pilotsedge with real ATC controllers and this is as close as you will get to the real thing outside of an actual training simulator. 

Damn editor