Microsoft Flight Simulator returns 2020 WOW (VID)

That’s what I ordered. I seen a few videos on YouTube with this card running the game so I know it’ll work. Hoping that does it. 

iamthe1whoknocks - 

That’s what I ordered. I seen a few videos on YouTube with this card running the game so I know it’ll work. Hoping that does it. 

1050ti will run it no problem.

Finished first bush tip, and now started on the 2nd. These are a lot of fun. It would be great if they would add in some of the missions you used to get in FSX... F18 chasing the UFO, patrolling the the airspace at the shuttle launch, and the mountain rescue mission were amazing.

BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -
iamthe1whoknocks - 

Man I hope so. I’ve been super anxious having the game downloaded and my Logitech yoke just sitting not being able to play. 

iamthe1whoknocks - 
iamthe1whoknocks - 

Man I hope so. I’ve been super anxious having the game downloaded and my Logitech yoke just sitting not being able to play. 

When I mean no problem, I mean it will "run" it without a problem. However, the settings will be mid at best, which will still look great BTW. You will notice issues in the future it you start using addons and likely need to upgrade.

Oh I know just trying to get something to get the game going.I wasn’t trying to spend $1000 on a video card which is what they’re going for right now with the shortage. If I really like the game which I know I will I’m going to build a gaming Pc and download the premium deluxe version of MSFS right now just have the standard version that was free with Xbox gamepass for pc. 

BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane - Finished first bush tip, and now started on the 2nd. These are a lot of fun. It would be great if they would add in some of the missions you used to get in FSX... F18 chasing the UFO, patrolling the the airspace at the shuttle launch, and the mountain rescue mission were amazing.

Ok so maybe that explains why I always see you on the world map but I can never see you in the skies when I depart near you. 

I have even clicked and changed to your server but have yet to see you. I guess you were just grinding on those bush missions which I still have a few to complete. 

I never realized you were from overseas.  When you talked on one of your videos, it made me wonder, does your username have anything to do with you being Scottish?  

After I heard you speak, in my head I started saying your username with a Scottish accent and to me it makes sense that a Scott would have a username like that. 

This guy has a good channel. 

By the way if anyone wants to add me, you can send a friend invite to joylesstunic738

BringBackHeadbutts -
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane - Finished first bush tip, and now started on the 2nd. These are a lot of fun. It would be great if they would add in some of the missions you used to get in FSX... F18 chasing the UFO, patrolling the the airspace at the shuttle launch, and the mountain rescue mission were amazing.

Ok so maybe that explains why I always see you on the world map but I can never see you in the skies when I depart near you. 

I have even clicked and changed to your server but have yet to see you. I guess you were just grinding on those bush missions which I still have a few to complete. 

I never realized you were from overseas.  When you talked on one of your videos, it made me wonder, does your username have anything to do with you being Scottish?  

After I heard you speak, in my head I started saying your username with a Scottish accent and to me it makes sense that a Scott would have a username like that. 

User name was a lost screen name bet when Shane lost to Brock. But yeah I'm scottish. Will definitely be up for some flying when a few planes drop. Not minding the small planes at all, I shouldn't of judged to whole sim on the 3 passenger jets. They are the worst aspect of the sim, but there is also some great stuff.

Question

Would you go back to the older flight sim for any reason, and if so what reason would that be?

If not, what about the current game is so great that wouldn't make you go back?

BringBackHeadbutts -

Question

Would you go back to the older flight sim for any reason, and if so what reason would that be?

If not, what about the current game is so great that wouldn't make you go back?

I uninstalled it so no. But I won't really start to use the new sim properly until pmgd are available. But I'm in no rush, happy to wait. Once pmdg hit the scene you will see what all the fuss is about :-)

I gave it an honest effort Brockswock

I will try again another day.  I'm taking a break from the game for a while, but the challenges where I noticed you had beaten my score, I re-did them to get a higher score than you but this one, this one I could not top.  I'll try again but as you can see from the scoreboard, I at least got close to your score.  

You must have sat that plane down like a butterfly with sore feet.

Got the game up and running. Had a difficult, intermittent network issue, got it resolved  quick question.

Playing standard version of game from gamepass on pc. Small plane, took off from otis air base, flying north to Plymouth (ma). Flew over cape cod canal. There are 2 big iconic bridges there. Naturally, I had to fly under.

All good, except the bridges looked like generic shit. Nothing like real bridges. Wtf, and why? Assuming reason for that, it just bummed me out.

choadler - 

Got the game up and running. Had a difficult, intermittent network issue, got it resolved  quick question.

Playing standard version of game from gamepass on pc. Small plane, took off from otis air base, flying north to Plymouth (ma). Flew over cape cod canal. There are 2 big iconic bridges there. Naturally, I had to fly under.

All good, except the bridges looked like generic shit. Nothing like real bridges. Wtf, and why? Assuming reason for that, it just bummed me out.

This will be updated in time, ORBX are working on the sim. Over the next few years it will become super detailed.

BringBackHeadbutts - 

I will try again another day.  I'm taking a break from the game for a while, but the challenges where I noticed you had beaten my score, I re-did them to get a higher score than you but this one, this one I could not top.  I'll try again but as you can see from the scoreboard, I at least got close to your score.  

Dont recall lol. I am doing the bush trips now, they are good fun. I will likely have another bash at some of the landings but they are more something I will sit and mess about with, with a beer. I called it a day with some of them when I was starting to do silly approaches to score more points, as opposed doing proper landings.

There are also some really silly ones where is makes you land downwind in storms, I guess whoever came up with them figured it would be more of a challenge? Where as the reality is in real life you would NEVER land downwind in a storm. For some reason those things really bug me lol.

I agree with this thread...

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/improve-landing-challenge-scores-calculation-and-leaderboard-stats/316710

It would be much better if they added...

Penalize bouncing
Penalize stalls on approach
Reward level wings on touch down
Reward correct stopping distances on the runway, based on flap settings and weight.
Reward stable approach
Reward approach AOA during final
Reward glide slope accuracy
Reward appropriate landing speed for each aircraft
Reward correct flap deployment
Reward correct flap application as per max deployment speeds

That would give much more accurate score of a real world landing.

BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane - 
BringBackHeadbutts - 

Dont recall lol. I am doing the bush trips now, they are good fun. I will likely have another bash at some of the landings but they are more something I will sit and mess about with, with a beer. I called it a day with some of them when I was starting to do silly approaches to score more points, as opposed doing proper landings.

There are also some really silly ones where is makes you land downwind in storms, I guess whoever came up with them figured it would be more of a challenge? Where as the reality is in real life you would NEVER land downwind in a storm. For some reason those things really bug me lol.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/improve-landing-challenge-scores-calculation-and-leaderboard-stats/316710

Penalize bouncing
Reward correct stopping distances on the runway, based on flap settings and weight.
Reward stable approach

Those are all solid suggestions and I'd agree with them making the challenges better.  

They do penalize you currently if you bounce, but everythig else you mentioned is not accounted for, yet.

Maybe create a 4th section of landing challenges that has all those stipulations.

BringBackHeadbutts - 
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane - 
BringBackHeadbutts - 

Penalize bouncing
Reward stable approach

Those are all solid suggestions and I'd agree with them making the challenges better.  

They do penalize you currently if you bounce, but everythig else you mentioned is not accounted for, yet.

Maybe create a 4th section of landing challenges that has all those stipulations.

Yeah, I guess those at the end of the day the challenges are supposed to be some simple fun. Something I should really try.

iamthe1whoknocks - 
iamthe1whoknocks - 

When I mean no problem, I mean it will "run" it without a problem. However, the settings will be mid at best, which will still look great BTW. You will notice issues in the future it you start using addons and likely need to upgrade.

So just to update you guys the new video card did the trick. I’ve been playing for a couple days now. Man it’s pretty hard I guess I gotta go back and do the training but I was so anxious to play I just jumped straight I to free flying. 

No matter how good you are, no matter how fast you learn, the more you fly/play, the better you'll get.

I put in about 300 hours of free flight between attempting landing challenges. After trying the landing challenges after so much flying, they were much easier. Still challenging but I could realize my own learning curve.

Enjoy!