Middle Age Recovery

My dudes. I hit 39 and I've noticed a steady decline in how I feel physically from exercise. I've been active for half my life but this last year I'm really feeling it.

What over the counter supplements do you recommend? All I take is turmeric and occasionally l glutamine (I do notice a difference over the years when not taking it). If you reply with "A good diet is all I need", then tell me what you eat. Because I eat chicken, eggs, veggies, coffee and water and 1 cheat day and feel exhausted.

Thanks guys. Godspeed.

Creatine and whey protein daily will be life changing 

SpunQ -
God Of Thunder -

Creatine and whey protein daily will be life changing 

No zma? Noob.

Tell me about the zma

It's probably your testosterone. I felt the same way before going on trt . Problem is that it gave me polycythemia. So I elected to stop injections. Now I just don't push my workouts like I was able to. I supplement with ON protein, creatine and bang energy I also eat as much protein as I can each day. Seems to help idk

Don't overlook the importance of sleep. Are you going to bed early, getting around 8 hours of sleep, in pitch black, cool room?

If you're feeling exhausted, I'd make sure the sleep is dialed in, first and foremost.

3 Likes
Coming Up Milhouse -

My dudes. I hit 39 and I've noticed a steady decline in how I feel physically from exercise. I've been active for half my life but this last year I'm really feeling it.

What over the counter supplements do you recommend? All I take is turmeric and occasionally l glutamine (I do notice a difference over the years when not taking it). If you reply with "A good diet is all I need", then tell me what you eat. Because I eat chicken, eggs, veggies, coffee and water and 1 cheat day and feel exhausted.

Thanks guys. Godspeed.

NMN+resveratrol+pterostilbene, curcumin and cbd with some thc in it do wonders for my recovery and muscle soreness. But ot might inhibit some muscle growth if you are looking to build lots of muscle.

I'm 39 and had the same feeling . Ive been taking SeroVital for about a month . I no shit feel like I'm in my  twenties.  I rolled jiu jitsu for the first time in two years and feel absolutely terrific. 

1 Like

SpunQ -

Trt

I heard once your on TRT there's no turning back so I told myself a few years ago I wanted to try to wait until I was 50 to rely on it. And on top of that, I recently had a boss on it and he seemed like a junkie. It was all he talked about and was obsessed with his TRT routine. 

1 Like

Try out the carnivore diet. I'm 2 years into it and feel great.

Also, saying "my dude" more than once a year will cause your testosterone to drop to antifa levels.

Hippias12345 - Don't overlook the importance of sleep. Are you going to bed early, getting around 8 hours of sleep, in pitch black, cool room?

If you're feeling exhausted, I'd make sure the sleep is dialed in, first and foremost.

I'll be honest. My sleep is not dialed in. At this temporary season of my life I've had to make adjustments.

Currently 3 young kids. So we are up by 630/7. Work/School/Childcare/Life. Kids in bed and no longer stalling no later than 9. I go hard from 9-11p and occasionally as late as 12 if I'm in the zone or trying something new or accessory work. This time frame includes cardio and my shower. Smash eggs, go to bed. Unfortunately the munchkins get up and need stuff a few times a night. Wife helps w that but also works overnight shifts half the week.

Its not forever, but it's right now.

ChucksChin -

I'm 39 and had the same feeling . Ive been taking SeroVital for about a month . I no shit feel like I'm in my  twenties.  I rolled jiu jitsu for the first time in two years and feel absolutely terrific. 

What is that?

Onikage - Try out the carnivore diet. I'm 2 years into it and feel great.

Also, saying "my dude" more than once a year will cause your testosterone to drop to antifa levels.

That's bullshit dude.

1 Like

39 is far from old. I was in by far the best shape of my life when I was just turning 40, running on mountain trails 50 miles per week. All while working a very physical job.

After 50 or so is when I had to go from running everyday, to running two days then taking one off.

By my mid 50s it was every other day off. 59 now and hike daily but only run once a week or so. That has more to do with injuries than age by far.

I believe I could still get in the same shape now...if I didn't have so many injuries. They simply keep it from being sustainable for any length of time, if I try to go every day.

2 Likes

Dryfly - 

39 is far from old. I was in by far the best shape of my life when I was just turning 40, running on mountain trails 50 miles per week. All while working a very physical job.

After 50 or so is when I had to go from running everyday, to running two days then taking one off.

By my mid 50s it was every other day off. 59 now and hike daily but only run once a week or so. That has more to do with injuries than age by far.

I believe I could still get in the same shape now...if I didn't have so many injuries. They simply keep it from being sustainable for any length of time, if I try to go every day.

Do you think the injuries may have something to do with how you pushed yourself into your 40s?

Dryfly -

I don't think 39 is old either.

im turning 39 as well, and, while ive been off the traneing for a while, i feel better than ever/as good as ive ever felt

im a skinny beanpole, and i think ive only started to "fill out" (not fat) during my 30s

and i have zero injuries bc i dont partake in Gay Judo, just muay thai traneing

ChucksChin -

Is that hgh?

A vigorous prostate massage every morning raises your Test level dramatically.

In Limbo -

im turning 39 as well, and, while ive been off the traneing for a while, i feel better than ever/as good as ive ever felt

im a skinny beanpole, and i think ive only started to "fill out" (not fat) during my 30s

Ok so do you take any type of supplements or diet that helps in how you feel 100% all the time?

Coming Up Milhouse -
In Limbo -

Ok so do you take any type of supplements or diet that helps in how you feel 100% all the time?

no man, the opposite

i eat like shit, like a fatass bc i just have crazy metabolism

i do get on the "eat healthy" train here and there, but that only conists of eliminating all soda, gatorade and only drinking water, grilled chicken, avocado, egg white type thing

im just lucky

obv i dont wwant to eat like a complete slob shortly before traneing or anything....good sleep and caffeine are all i need...recovery stuff i pig out on lots of red meat, chicken, pasta etc.