Miesha Tate: I'm losing 80-90% because of Reebok

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/5/21/8633261/miesha-tate-bryan-caraway-ufc-reebok-deal-mma-sponsorship

Add another unhappy fighter to the list.

She's a liar - Joe Rogan

Jack Skellington - She's a liar - Joe Rogan
When did joe accuse people of lying regarding this?? Phone Post 3.0

TDD -
Don't you mean dana Phone Post 3.0
Ya exactly.. Lol Phone Post 3.0

god dam 90%? either shes exaggerating or zuffa butt fucked her DRY!

TDD - 
Don't you mean dana Phone Post 3.0

common mistake

Hello,

I appreciate and agree with what Miesha is saying but with all due respect,  I am somewhat bothered by her wanting to use the "is not fair to WMMA in the UFC" card. Miesha has fought 5 times in the UFC,  coached TUF and has had several opportunities to travel overseas to represent the UFC brand and promote fight cards. There are some female fighters who have fought less than Miesha and had less opportunities than Miesha has. With respect, I don't recall her saying any of that was unfair

whooleeo - god dam 90%? either shes exaggerating or zuffa butt fucked her DRY!
You wouldnt? Phone Post 3.0

Sunkist1207 -

Hello,

I appreciate and agree with what Miesha is saying but with all due respect,  I am somewhat bothered by her wanting to use the "is not fair to WMMA in the UFC" card. Miesha has fought 5 times in the UFC,  coached TUF and has had several opportunities to travel overseas to represent the UFC brand and promote fight cards. There are some female fighters who have fought less than Miesha and had less opportunities than Miesha has. With respect, I don't recall her saying any of that was unfair

Have you seen what they pay wmma fighters? Jack shit. It's either rousey money or nothing and rousey couldn't be a star if none of those opponents existed and meisha is plenty a star on her own and her exciting first fight with rousey was big for rouseys career/spotlight Phone Post 3.0

Man Dana has a way bigger list of people to bash and call out on his next "off the record" appearance.
I can see it now, Dana holding a stack of paper reading off why everyone's a fuckin liar till he's red in the face.

I see Landsberg applauding him for answering a question that he's obviously had given to him ahead of time and had a team of employees help him with by preparing pages of bullshit information for him to spout off with an odd amount of confidence.

Yeah keep comparing yourself to the NFL, NBA, ect.
It was kinda funny years back watching him go back and forth with other promoters but shitting all over your own fighters is a bad look. Phone Post 3.0

Not surprising.

She always had a ton of sponsors on her.

will she get her implants reposessed?

Vikingknee - 
Sunkist1207 -

Hello,

Have you seen what they pay wmma fighters? Jack shit. It's either rousey money or nothing and rousey couldn't be a star if none of those opponents existed and meisha is plenty a star on her own and her exciting first fight with rousey was big for rouseys career/spotlight Phone Post 3.0

VikingKnee, 

With all due respect, WMMA in the UFC has benefited Ronda and the UFC. Dana pretty much cemented that when he said the 135lbs division is "the Ronda show" Miesha has been given plenty of opportunities and didnt complain that they were not enough or that the UFC was not being fair to WMMA. Several female fighters constantly beg on social media to get fights and maybe I have missed it but I have not read about Miesha using what influence(if that is the case) to help that. Meisha is a star in her own right, I agre with that but in my opinon and I say this respectfully, I don't think it is fair for her to now want to make it a WMMA issue when she had no issue with her earnings before. 

Meisha and Caraway showed a lot of respect and class in that article. I would be livid! You don't fuck with a man's family or money.

It's gonna hit female fighters harder. Was it Mcmann got $10,000 to fight Ronda? So she'd make what, $20,000 tops all in? That's terrible. And I'm usually one of the ones saying fighters often get paid well! Phone Post 3.0

Granpa - Meisha and Caraway showed a lot of respect and class in that article. I would be livid! You don't fuck with a man's family or money.
Don't feel sorry for Caraway dude. He wins. He just wins.. Phone Post 3.0

Wonder what if fighters in Invicta FC like Cyborg will see an increase in sponsorship opportunities Phone Post 3.0

I just think that the problem is twofold for the fighters.

1. They didn't establish proper relationships with the sponsors, they just sold themselves as billboards that would appear on national TV. If they had set it up to show value outside of being a simple logo on television for 15 minutes they wouldn't losing sponsorship left and right.

2. The UFC definitely fucked them in terms of money. I figured that if you had over 17 fights in the Octagon or were ranked in the top 5 you would be getting around 55k per fight. Or at the very least, have one spot on your shorts that you could sell.

The fighters got fucked by their sponsors and their employer at the same time. It definitely sucks, but now is the time where the managers earn their keep. They now need to figure out some new revenue sources for their fighters. Phone Post 3.0

Dreville79 - It's gonna hit female fighters harder. Was it Mcmann got $10,000 to fight Ronda? So she'd make what, $20,000 tops all in? That's terrible. And I'm usually one of the ones saying fighters often get paid well! Phone Post 3.0

Dreville79, 

Sara's fight purse was $16k to show. Liz Carmouche got $12k to show for the fight against Ronda. I remember after that, Liz was saying on Twitter something along the lines of that money wasnt enough to live on and a furniture store kindly donated furniture to her because she didnt have much. 

DalyDentedDecimated'sDome -

Do you fans know what this means?

1) Reebok will make mad loot in the first year,

2) broke fighters will leave the league, or the sport...

3) and only sad sack low-quality, fighters will be attracted to the UFC in the future.

Had the reebok deal never happened, the 18 year olds now who might have been the 25 year old UFC fighters later  would have stayed the course, played the sponsor and sand league game, and entered the UFC years from now.

But the reebok deal has happeend - and this means many 18 year old guys now who have MMA fights under their belt, and dreamed of the UFC, are going to fuck off, do something else with their life. Get a CDL. Join the police.  Army. Become a mechanic, go to college, etc etc.

The 18 year olds who are half-okay at MMA but are too dumb to join the Army, police, get a CDL, go to college, etc etc...will be the replacement fighters 7 years from now.  MMA in the UFC at least will suck for us fans.  Low quality scrubs vs same.

Reebok has completely fucked our present and future MMA reality, and i wish nothing but the worst for them.

Fuck you reebok, i hope a meteor crashes on their HQ.  Or a sewer pipe busts and floods their whole corporate HQ with shit water.  and that it slimes the guy who made this deal.

So fighters won't get into MMA because one of the many organizations out there decided to not allow outside sponsorships during fight week? Phone Post 3.0