Might be better off that I bombed that interview

Congrats; manual labor is good for the soul.

2 Likes

You spelled Manuel wrong

13 Likes

Don’t forget sunblock, I did landscaping for a short time in my early 20’s and the sunburns where brutal.

6 Likes

Hey-oh!

I was going to work in a Manuel joke in there; but I wasnt feeling punny this morning.

I look forward to hearing stories about Floppy’s new employment.

2 Likes

If you can stick with this job for over a year I give you credit. This is hard work.

If you stick with this you will move up fast

3 Likes

That didn’t end well for Jay. Don’t butt heads with the mexicans, it’s their world. Just cayate la boca, escuchen and work hard WITH the mexicans. Be a positive part of the the beanergy flow and the lawns will be magical.

2 Likes

Congrats! My best piece of advice I can give anyone for their first day is to not over do it. Don’t slack, but realize that whatever you’ll be doing, you’ll be doing all day, then all week long. So many guys want to make a good impression but then burn out before the end of the day.

7 Likes

Jay is a bitchass faggot though. Also, we have a nasty cycle of long periods of drought followed by flooding up here. Ain’t gonna be much for lawns and planting. Lots of stone work and grading.

2 Likes

What you gonna be doing again…some kind of forest management?

I wish. I will be the token white guy on a landscaping crew.

5 Likes

If you really want to fit in quickly, get you one of these and buy your lunches from whoevers wife/cousin/sister makes them for the crew

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T133785/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_K69RRXS1Y59Y6GMBQXM5

3 Likes

Work is work brother…happy for you…how’s your Español?

1 Like

Muy poco, like mi pito.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Landscape Planning/Lighting

Patios, Decks, Walkways and Gazebos

Entryways, Gates, Fencing

Ponds, Streams, Waterfalls

Design, Installation and Maintenance

Tacos, Burritos and Enchiladas

4 Likes

Floppy where you at, Fresno!? You should be the unoffocial worker leader as the white man there. Time for them to up their game!

No radio, no beers, no siestas, you gonna work like a white man now!

1 Like

if you need any advice, your brother from another mother, Kirik Jr., is half mexiCAN.

3 Likes

No sir, I’m in a pretty well to do part of Sonoma county and judging by the office they are in on some big money jobs. I’m hoping to bust my ass and learn a few things. I’m coming in with zero knowledge and he’s starting me at $20.00 an hr. Which isn’t much, but for my lack of experience and knowledge in this kind of work I’m not gonna complain. Most other entry level labor, construction, and landscape companies in the area are offering less money for more experience. I am pretty sure if not for my story of hauling wagon loads of rocks for the firepit rebuild and rolling the redwood round alongside the train tracks he wouldn’t have given me an opportunity or would’ve started me lower. Lol

5 Likes

Have fun dude
I would be they have somebody to answer questions for you about stuff.

If you ask here there is some knowledge, I have seen some amazing landscape posters here. I know equipment and irrigation. Sennin does high end installs and somebody else does them also.

3 Likes

Thank you! Will definitely lean on the wealth of knowledge here if I can’t figure something out. But unless they really want to get rid of the whiteboy I’m sure someone there will steer me in the right direction.

2 Likes