Mighty Mouse fight announced

In ONE FC against Rodtang in a modified MMA/Muay Thai fight.

Rodtang is an absolute beast. Ballsy match up for both fighters. These are the kind of cross over match ups a lot of MMA fans want. Needle is moved

4 Likes

Rd 1: Muay Thai
Rd 2: MMA
Rd 3: Muay Thai
Rd 4: MMA

Muay Thai rules with MMA gloves?

2 Likes

It doesnt explicitly say in the article I read below but i would say yes. They have done MT in 4 oz before. The idea of Rodtang throwing down in those gloves is frightening

1 Like

https://www.onefc.com/news/dj-vs-rodtang-two-world-title-fights-announced-for-one-x/

Dumb - Their’s WAY better fights for both men in their respective sport. I don’t care who wins and I don’t think it even matters really, I don’t see how either fighter bumps up their portfolio with this fight…

Just my initial thoughts.

2 Likes

Fair enough. The argument is always there that guys should fight the best in their divisions but I feel there is always a portion of MMA fans keen to see crossovers, money fights, freak show fights and tournaments to mix things up

I don’t like freak show fights - I guess therein lies the issue.

1 Like

I am not a fan of fuckery and holding up divisions but I am 100% a fan of the crossover like this. Especially as it’s even number of rounds for each art

2 Likes

Rodtang will KO in round 1.

1 Like

He’s an animal. Would post a highlight video but I’m too retarded to embed them. Always show as a link for some reason

Haha yep. MM be shooting early if he makes it to round 2

Man if you think Rodtang is a Thai fighter and they traditionally start slow. Problem is he is pretty uniquely agressive with a lot of power

If I had to put money down I would bet that MM weathers the storm and makes it to round two based on his experience. He is no slouch standing. He will hang in there

3 Likes

Came to post this, was talking about this yesterday with a buddy.
Rodtang is a beast but Rd1 striking activity is low. MM keeps the bike pedals going and makes it to Round 2.

The question is.

Rodtang has to know the MMA rounds are bad news for him. So is he training for a fast start? Can he even overwrite his routine through a lifetime of MT fights?

I’m watching it, I have to know.

3 Likes

Rodtang is a beast, but his record doesn’t indicate that he’s some killer with huge knockout power. I know those fights are against other Thai boxers that are more or less on his level as opposed to MMA fighters, but I think MM survives the striking rounds by not fighting like an idiot. And then he “should” be able to get a takedown and get the submission in either round two or four.

1 Like

I have no idea if Rodtang ever trained TD besides MT trip defense.

I have to imagine he has decent hip strength.

I have no idea if that equates to him knowing defensive use of those hips… At least he has offensive MT Clinch skills and TDs from the clinch.

What if he surprised MM and sweeps out the leg standing?

1 Like

Rodtang is actually first fighting on the Oct 15th kickboxing card. These first four listed 155 lb fights are the quarters a FW GP. The other two 55 fights are the alternate fights. Fun card.

ONE Championship Quick Card

1 Like

Well not the first four listed 155 lb fights but the four clustered together are the GP. The Petrosyan fight is a title defense. Winner of the GP will get a crack at the title later on.