miguel lost because he lost focus on his bjj: NO?

i dunno man. i don't blame him totally. i blame the rules.

rip vale tudo

Castillo left his wrestling behind to play striker and got KTFO too.
Teaming up with the most over rated striking coach in MMA didnt help Torres any either.

Thunderlips The Ultimate Male - I agree that Castillo payed the price for not wrestling more. However, Torres would not have won by playing more BJJ against JB. He just would have taken a beating from the top position as JB shut his game down with superior control and elbow strikes. He is just not physical enough to match up well against the better guys in that weightclass. Torres is limited because he cannot get on top of these guys. He has to fight them standing (where they have more power) or from his back where they control him/beat him up. Besides Benevidez subbed him and may have done it sooner if Miguel chose to fight more on the ground.

As much as I dislike Torres this has to be the most asinine argument you've put forth yet. Torres, a giant in the division height wise, should do what, exactly? Drain his body further to get to next weightclass? I mean, you're looking at it from such a biased standpoint it's ridiculous.

He doesn't really need to better his wrestling, although having better defensive wrestling would surely help, but he definitely needs to get better defensive skills. His footwork is rather weak and he doesn't effectively use his height. He would be much better served if he were to address his lack of a solid jab and gameplan. This fight was essentially watching a guy with sticks for arms allow a t-rex get up close and in his grill, which is retarded. Torres simply needs to figure out how to control the distance.

Thunderlips The Ultimate Male - Controlling the distance is good in theory but in MMA this much easier said than done in comparison to boxing. Sure he can throw 100 jabs a round but eventually a superior wrestler like JB is going to get close enough to blow him off the mat. It all comes back to the fact that he can't wrestle and likely will never be good at it this far into his career. Torres is not the athlete that those guys are either which just compounds the problem. I never suggested that Torres cut down in weight either. He is stuck with what he is now and all he can do is try his best against the guys that are just too damn physical and strong for him.

Do you have wet dreams about Karelin, mayng?

His bjj used to be much tighter. Tight enough to have won tonight. He needs to get back to that.

Thunderlips The Ultimate Male - Mr White,

I am not a wrestler at all but I can see what is going on and have no problems admitting it. I have trained BJJ before with a variety of people but the reality is that wrestlers are tougher, stronger/more physical in most cases. Shit happens.

You're stating opinion as fact, when it's simply not the case.

Thunderlips The Ultimate Male - Mr White,

I am not a wrestler nor am I an athlete at all but I can see what is going on and have no problems admitting it. I have trained BJJ before with a variety of people but the reality is that i have no talent and have never competed in anything but I am more than capable to criticize others who do.

FiXT!!!