Miguel Torres Released by the UFC again

Frank Mir must be crushed.

GSP24 - I'm kinda surprised they released him. What is he? 2-2 in the UFC? That MM fight was razor close too.

#colormesuprised Phone Post

STOP IT YOU FAT FUCK. Phone Post

Lurkdaddy316 - Frank Mir must be crushed.

Lol Phone Post

BBQ@bendos - Why didn't they make Faber vs Torres? That's some BS. Phone Post

Absolutely. They really fucked up on that one. Maybe some personal issues between him n the company? Phone Post

spinningfapkick -
MickColins -  "he was 2-2 in the ufc"

Should have been 3-1. That mighty mouse fight was bullpoop. Torres is an exciting fighter, its stupid for the UFC to cut him.

This. He got robbed. Phone Post

No he didn't. I thought he lost n I think he did too. Go and rewatch his reaction at the end of the fight. Phone Post

circa305 - 
BBQ@bendos - 

Why didn't they make Faber vs Torres? That's some BS. Phone Post

Because he would have beaten Faber.

Yeah, I wanted to see that damn fight (even if it was years too late).

He won the Demetrius fight. This is bullshit.

That's bullshit. The UFC keeps all the boring fighters and bails on the guys that are there to fight Phone Post

BaraoKix - 
He was making too much $ on that contract...

30/30 is too much for a former wec champ? meh 

Booooooo Phone Post

BaraoKix -
OmegaPoon - 
BaraoKix -
He was making too much $ on that contract...

This, I don't think its that they don't want him on the roster, but u can't be paying undercard fighters main card pay for long. Phone Post

He gets a couple good wins, they re-sign him for 1/4 of what he was making.

Yeah Dana needs more fancy cars.... Phone Post

MickColins -  "he was 2-2 in the ufc"

Should have been 3-1. That mighty mouse fight was bullpoop. Torres is an exciting fighter, its stupid for the UFC to cut him.

Exactly.

The UFC is not about the best fighters. Period.

His chin can't take it anymore. IMO Phone Post

kingkoopa - Faber vs Torres man WTF!? Phone Post

This Phone Post

Faber vs Torres is just another superfight we're never gonna get to see now. I am disappoint. Phone Post

I really hope Bellator picks him up he would probably win the tournament and fight Duantes which would be a great fight plus he would be on spike. Phone Post

I think the cut was a little premature. That being said, it seems that he has forgotten that he is a ground wizard and is trying to knock people out all of a sudden. So often we see people stray from what got them to the 'invincible' status that they achieve. It almost always happens to fighters, guess it's just his time.

JimmersonzGlove -  Faber vs Torres would be a solid main event on a Fuel card or a co-main on an FX card. I'd still like to see that fight happen.

Yeah, me too. 

Torres is one of the biggest names in one of the weakest divisions. He just lost to one of the most hyped up prospects around. This cut seems pretty stupid to me.

That weight class desperately needs some star power, and they cut one of the few legit names the class has after one loss? Major WTF.

I guess it does have to be because he was overpaid, but if his salary was only 30/30 that doesn't make sense. He's one of the few guys in the division who could actually headline or co-main a free TV card. If he was only getting paid $30/$30 that's not much compared to his probable drawing power.

Synado - I never quite understood what happened with Miguel Torres. The guy has an amazing string of victories and then it all just comes apart.

He started fighting better fighters, legit top guys like Benevidez instead of local part-timers. Also if you don't count the highly controversial MM fight as a loss his record appears much better.

I still think its crazy that they cut guys so quickly. I mean does it really cost that much to keep them in the wings?

Why not just add a performance clause, ie. 2 bad fights in a row (losses) you get 70% in your next fight. And so on until about the 5th loss? This way they can keep a deep talent pool without worrying about having to make more room for up and comers etc. (I realize that signing everyone would cist a fortune) Phone Post