Miguel Torres signs with GLORY kickboxing

via http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/8/5696976/miguel-torres-signs-with-glory-kickboxing-will-make-debut-in-june

Miguel Torres has decided to try his hand at kickboxing.

The former WEC bantamweight champion has signed a one-night contract with GLORY, according to his manager Glenn Robinson. Torres will make his promotional debut at GLORY 17 Los Angeles on June 21 at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif.

The 33-year-old will take part in a one-night, 145-pound four-man tournament. He'll meet Shane Oblonsky in one semi-final fight, while Gabriel Varga vs. Yodkhunpon Sitmonchai is the other semi-final. Both Torres and Oblonsky will be making their pro kickboxing debuts.

Torres, who is 41-7 as a pro MMA fighter, most recently defeated Giovanni Moljo via unanimous decision in February. Prior to that win, he had lost three fights in a row, including two since his release from the UFC in Aug. 2012.

Torres' debut will air on the GLORY 17 Spike TV undercard. The main card will mark the promotion's first pay-per-view telecast.

I don't know if the guy needs money badly or something but i have to say this is one of his worst idea yet. Maybe it because the KO of him to McDonald is still in my head but i just don't see a good ending out of this.

His career went downhill when he started wanging. Glory might not be the best idea. Phone Post 3.0

Pinback - His career went downhill when he started wanging. Glory might not be the best idea. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah I did not watch his last fight but I heard it was pretty bad . Phone Post 3.0

Hopefully he does well. Im worried about watching him get kod again Phone Post 3.0

Paquet90 - via http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/8/5696976/miguel-torres-signs-with-glory-kickboxing-will-make-debut-in-june

The former WEC bantamweight champion has signed a one-night contract with GLORY, according to his manager Glenn Robinson. Torres will make his promotional debut at GLORY 17 Los Angeles on June 21 at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif.

The 33-year-old will take part in a one-night, 145-pound four-man tournament. He'll meet Shane Oblonsky in one semi-final fight, while Gabriel Varga vs. Yodkhunpon Sitmonchai is the other semi-final. Both Torres and Oblonsky will be making their pro kickboxing debuts.

Torres, who is 41-7 as a pro MMA fighter, most recently defeated Giovanni Moljo via unanimous decision in February. Prior to that win, he had lost three fights in a row, including two since his release from the UFC in Aug. 2012.

Torres' debut will air on the GLORY 17 Spike TV undercard. The main card will mark the promotion's first pay-per-view telecast.

I don't know if the guy needs money badly or something but i have to say this is one of his worst idea yet. Maybe it because the KO of him to McDonald is still in my head but i just don't see a good ending out of this.
Double post! Phone Post 3.0

WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend - Hopefully he does well. Im worried about watching him get kod again Phone Post 3.0
Yeah I just can't see him knocking someone out . Phone Post 3.0

Yeah well I don't know the other 3 guys idk what there records are maybe he would have a chance . Phone Post 3.0

The fuck? Since when is Torres a striker?

I don't see this going well.

His slide has been crazy.

SergesBeefyHopeFlaps -

it that your spotting scope? did you look though it? how is it?

He's still top ten @ 135 lbs, maybe even top five. He barely lost to Mighty Mouse (if you even think he lost). Had he gotten the decision that fight, he would have fought Dominic Cruz. And of all the people who fought Dominic for the belt, his style would have given Cruz the most trouble.

I don't think he'd have held on to the belt, but all the folks talking about "his slide" need to realize that this really is game of inches.

wasssp - He's still top ten @ 135 lbs, maybe even top five. He barely lost to Mighty Mouse (if you even think he lost). Had he gotten the decision that fight, he would have fought Dominic Cruz. And of all the people who fought Dominic for the belt, his style would have given Cruz the most trouble.

I don't think he'd have held on to the belt, but all the folks talking about "his slide" need to realize that this really is game of inches.
Top 5 ? I don't think so Barao Cruz Faber And TJ would all beat him . Plus McDonald and Sandros already beat him . So even top 10 is a stretch . Phone Post 3.0

RIP Phone Post 3.0

Good for him. If that's what he wants to do, that's what he wants to do. Best of luck to him Phone Post 3.0

The winner of Gabriel Vargas vs Sotmonchi will win this tourney. Sadly Miguel is in way over his head here. Phone Post 3.0

Paquet90 - via http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/8/5696976/miguel-torres-signs-with-glory-kickboxing-will-make-debut-in-june

Thanks OP, VU for sharing the story.

I was a huge fan of Miguel Torres during his run in the WEC. He had some fantastic fights that really helped put the smaller guys on the map- alongside Urijah Faber, both having awesome fights that brought attention to the skills, talent, and heart of guys in the lower weight classes, that weren't available in The UFC yet.

Although, I don't believe this journey into GLORY Kickboxing is a great idea. That is, unless he's been putting some serious time into training striking, and has developed some crazy skills we don't yet know of. I am of course going to be rooting for him, and I wish him the best of luck and hope he comes out on top. Phone Post 3.0

NerveBlock - 
Wiggy -
NerveBlock - 

This one will be good as it's Daniel Craig's last Bond movie. He's done a great job with the franchise and the character even if the writing was a little spotty at times. I'm not worried about this movie. 

What I worry about is if they're going to transition the series to be about the chick 00. I'm sure she'll be 008 or 009 but if they try to have her carry the franchise and there not be a James Bond going forward, then this film will essentially be the true franchise swan song because it'll die with a female lead and no Bond 

I think it'll be interesting to see what they do.

In the past, if this was gonna be Craig's last movie, they'd have waited a couple years, found a new Bond, and basically rebooted the character with a new cast, storylines, etc.

But here, they have a chance to keep the franchise going via (what effectively becomes) a spin-off, though it would have the same Q, M, etc.

If she's good, then hey - bring it on. I'm down. They'd be doing what I've been saying they should do for years - just create a new character that someone can "own" (for lack of a better term) instead of changing an established one to a woman, POC, gay, or whatever.

As long as it's done well and, like I alluded to in a prior comment, not just a bunch of pandering (i.e. - the new black girl runs circles around Bond because he's just an antiquated, old white guy), then I'm all for it.

It'll also depend on how society is / goes, too. It'd likely be at least 3 years (maybe longer) before a new movie could potentially come out. I'm doubting there'll be a downturn in the "woke" culture by then, but hey - you never know.

What I could very much see happening is instead of basically rebooting the James Bond character with a new cast, they use this girl as a spin-off 00 movie. If it goes well, they'll keep on with that.

If it crashes & burns, people will cry "racism!" and "misogyny!" for a while, the movie studios will wait another couple years for the bullshit to die down, and then they reboot the James Bond character then.

I agree with every bit of this. Rather than going full retard with the woke stuff, they're playing it safe and testing the waters for a spin-off. A female lead spinoff may work but it absolutely cannot replace the success of the franchise. Anyone with a brain knows that. 

They were trying to do a Jinx spin-off with Halle Berry after Die Another Day, but that never got off the ground. Granted, it was before this more recent era of female-empowerment masquerading as female action stars.

Ryan Black -

Thanks OP, VU for sharing the story.

I was a huge fan of Miguel Torres during his run in the WEC. He had some fantastic fights that really helped put the smaller guys on the map- alongside Urijah Faber, both having awesome fights that brought attention to the skills, talent, and heart of guys in the lower weight classes, that weren't available in The UFC yet.

Although, I don't believe this journey into GLORY Kickboxing is a great idea. That is, unless he's been putting some serious time into training striking, and has developed some crazy skills we don't yet know of. I am of course going to be rooting for him, and I wish him the best of luck and hope he comes out on top. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah he does train at Tristan so you never know . Phone Post 3.0

I will always be a Torres fan.