Mike Awesome vs Masato Tanaka ECW One Night Stand

stole the show that night, here's the hl's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cmAk01zm_I

Awesome and Tanaka had a bunch of good matches, they would just beat the fuck out of each other for 15-20 minutes.

Awesome used to absolutely hammer guys with his powerbombs in FMW.

There several matches with Hayabusa where I couldn't believe that Hayabusa was still conscious after watching Awesome snap his head off the mat.

Awesome might very well be the most athletic big man ever.

And yes, that match indeed stole the show, the "This match rules!" chants proved it.

awesome match. I believe it was Heatwave 98 where Tanaka powerbomed Awesome from the Ring to the outside through the table and he landed on his neck and I thought it was broken. They always seemed to bring best out of each other.

heatwave 98 is without a doubt the most action packed PPV I've ever seen. That's what wrestling is all about.

agreed, great match, didn't someone break their neck?

agreed, great match, didn't someone break their neck?

Sofa King Cool - Roaring Elbow is an excellent finisher. Fast, powerful, can be hit out of nowhere on any opponent.

I would steal that if I was a pro wrestler. Phone Post

Agreed, always loved that move. His newer finisher, Sliding D, is even better, imo

The look on JBL's fat face was fucking awesome. Phone Post

^Sliding D is the best new move of this decade.

batman32314 - Awesome and Tanaka had a bunch of good matches, they would just beat the fuck out of each other for 15-20 minutes.

I'll never forget their match at Heat Wave '98. I remember watching it and wondering how Masato Tanaka was still alive after taking those shots.