Mike Bisping interviews Colby Covington

No, you’re just a stan and want your favorite fighters to get special privileges. I want all fighters to be treated equally and given the same opportunities. Shavkat is my favorite fighter in the division and I think he could be champ right now but I’m not calling for him to cut ahead of Belal and Burns, am I?

4 Likes

You said he has only beat 1 top 15 guy…

You lied.

1 Like

See

1 Like

The UFC has a massive expenditure , they literally have millions in outgoings.
They need guys like Colby to keep the lights on.
Fair or not

But MMAfighting.com keeps warning us that “social media following doesn’t translate to PPV.” ROFL. What a bunch of hating losers who reinvent reality every time it contradicts their wishful reality.

What’s even more amazing, all three on MMA hour show said Colby doesn’t deserve, but two of them picked Colby to win over Edwards and Helwani said something like “I don’t know” because didn’t want to sound as stupid as other two

2 Likes

It’s true - Colby has never drawn big unless it was in a title fight with Usman who did exactly the same numbers v Mas. Why do Colbys numbers never get publicised?

2 Likes

It’s true yet you admit you don’t know Colby’s numbers… Let’s say you’re right, the comparison contradicts your argument because Masvidal, at the time, was also a big draw. So if both did same numbers against Usman, who is historically a horrible draw, means that Colby is a big draw. You want him to draw big against who? Is there any UFC fighter who draws big against lesser opponents except McGregor in non-title fights?

Besides, who cares. Now you have to be a big draw to “deserve” title fight? Like Belal? Who’s a bigger draw in WW than Colby right now?

Colby has headlined 3 PPVs and 2 of them were with Usman. I can’t find a good estimate for 272 Colby/Mas but it was under 400k because of a statement put out by UFC so yeah not great. Not like flyweight numbers but closer to woodley numbers.

1 Like

Colby/Mas was also a non title fight headlining a PPV that’s always a hard sell.

They did a decent gate though almost 7 mil… but gate quite often can just be related to what arena they are in. Not always indicative of the people competing.

Ok. Any control group? Which recent non-title PPV main in WW made more? Has there been a recent WW non-title PPV main!? i.e. within the last 5 years? Other weight division with exception of McGregor?

I don’t know I will check.

Besides, other than masvidal-colby main, that card was garbage so not that great of an indication

1 Like

Went back like 3 years and its basically just conor doing over a mil with no belt on the line lol.

Pretty impressive colby mas as non title fight was able to out sell womens ppv titles and and the lower weight titles, probably even beat a stipe title fight or 2.

but yeah neither of them are a conor lol.

Yea so seems like 400k ppv in vacuum seems like not much but when attempting to find counterpart, not that bad. In any case, it’s pretty obvious to those not blinded by hate that popularity and draw are not accurately represented by PPV. In fact, social following and buzz may be a better indicator. It’s just another variable the haters came up with because it is convenient. They hated that Colby’s recent weigh-ins generated more buzz than the main event itself so came up with some BS like “We have no numbers so Colby not a big draw” etc.

1 Like

Less than 400k. It’s less than Leon and usman pulled and that was at uk time!

The gate doesn’t mean shit. Dana literally announces he breaks gate records every fight

We know it was less than 400k mate. 274 broke the record that year at 400k and it was two months after.

Why the fuck would they hide that Colby killed it and announce Oliveira broke records?

It’s cause Colby’s ‘fans’ don’t buy ppvs

COLBY IS ONLY GETTING A TITLE SHOT BECAUSE HE AGREED NOT TO PURSUE AGGREVATED ASSAULT CHARGES AGAINST JORGE MASVIDAL IF ENDEAVOR GRANTED HIS REQUEST.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

ANY OTHER “ARGUMENTS” ARE IRRELEVANT.

purple drank GIF

1 Like

fuck mmafighting

1 Like