Mike Goldberg should not still have a job

Granted, he's been loyal to the organization. I suppose that counts for something.

Yet, I know what it is to have a loyal shitty employee. It doesn't matter how loyal he is if he can only do a portion of the job I need done, and less than perfectly at that.

The shit he says is ridiculously lame when improv, sometimes not on point at all when calling the action, and nearly clueless when it comes to anything he hasn't actually seen take place in the cage.

As we progress into an era of the sport where we're so saddened to see guys like Randy, Wand, Chuck, and so on fade into the obscurity that aged athletes typically do, I'd love to find something to be happy about in seeing the UFC get another play-by-play commentator.

Any ideas?

he is a yes man and that is all

a co-signer for rogan

Stephen Quatros would make a great replacement. But you would need to get rid of Rogan too, since Joe and Stephen hate each other.

Either that, or bring back Bruce Beck and Don Wilson. That was the best commentary duo the UFC has ever had.

Some of you will never get it.

Ho house - 

Any ideas?

Yes, try STFU and go back to lurking!

Goldberg at least gets the blood going.

Herring In A Fur Coat -  Goldberg is one of the main faces of the UFC.  He will have the job for as long as he is willing and able to perform it.

The UFC's competition will perpetually have that much of a margin to improve upon.

COPS needs to change its theme song

Putin for the win!

Dexter Morgan - 
Stephen Quatros would make a great replacement. But you would need to get rid of Rogan too, since Joe and Stephen hate each other.

Either that, or bring back Bruce Beck and Don Wilson. That was the best commentary duo the UFC has ever had.

Quatros would be a step down at this time, IMO. I like his early work with Bas but not so much now.

lawrenceofidaho - His cluelessness is part of the fun of watching a UFC event.

Most viewers are even MORE clueless. Hence his position stands.

Quadros is so weird looking his face should have the hypno-frog sound effect every time he comes on camera

maybe im alone but i like Goldie...

for me Joe is like the jordan of comentating...hes the best ...

Goldie is like the bulls, underrated but 50% of the equation... i like him being there, sure he is not perfect but who is.

and who else could do that job...it seems really hard

Joe and Stephen hate each other?

How so?

I like Goldie.......I think he does a good job and that he and Rogan play off of each other very well.

In My opinion Goldie/ Rogan are superior to Ranallo, Quadros and Gus Johnson.

Ranallo, Quadros and  Johnson are just plain wierd and have no real chemestry or rapport the only thing that saves those DB's is Pat Miletich and Shamrock.

ITS AAAALLLL OVER!

I like Goldberg, he is a good Play by Play guy, there's no doubt about that, and no other PbP guy can come close to his professionalism. However, I just feel that he sounds a little contrived and forced sometimes. It almost sounds like he has a few sayings/words he has decided he is going to use before the event starts and then places them in the broadcast at a less than perfect moment, making him sound a bit strange.

Putin - COPS needs to change its theme song

The COPS theme is classic.

The Gladiator intro and Goldie are not.