Mike Ness attacks fan at concert...

I get where the dud is coming from, but in a world where you can't go to a Katy Perry show without politics being preached it seems a foregone conclusion that a band like Social Distortion would get preachy... 

I’m sure I’d vehemtly disagree with his politics, but Ness and Social Distortion are still fucking awesome!

Trump Supporter Claims Social Distortion Lead Singer Mike Ness Beat Him Up Over Politics - CBS Sacramento

A Trump supporter claims he was attacked by the lead singer of a punk rock band when he jeered the frontman’s political statements.

Tim Hildebrand of Galt says the attack happened at a Social Distortion concert at the Ace of Spades in Midtown. Hildebrand says he grew up listening to the band’s music and was excited to attend one of their shows, but never thought he’d leave bloody and bruised at the hands of a famous musician.

Cellphone video taken at the concert captures the moment the Social Distortion fan says he was beaten up by the band’s frontman, 56-year-old Mike Ness.

“I wasn’t able to defend myself because people in the crowd were holding me back,” he said.

Hildebrand says he the singer gave him two black eyes, a busted lip, a concussion and almost knocked out one of his teeth. The chaos broke out at a concert on July 17, but before things turned physical, Hildebrand says the show turned political.

“I pretty much said I paid for your music, not your politics.”

Hildebrand says the singer started badmouthing President Trump and America and the Republican farmer from Galt didn’t like it.

“I stood pretty much with my silent protest with my middle finger up for the next two songs.”

Ness didn’t like that and in the video, you can see him motion Hildebrand to the stage, where the singer spits in his face. Hildebrand says the two were yelling at each other when Ness lunged toward him.

“Takes his guitar off, jumps off the stage and proceeds to punch me multiple times in the head."

Hildebrand says he was dragged out of the venue by security and filed a police report with officers who were standing outside. He plans to press charges.

“Someone that has the status that he does shouldn’t get away with assaulting someone.”

“It was a little bit excessive,” said Social Distortion fan James Mauldin.

Mauldin says while Ness acted unprofessionally, music fans should understand controversy is part of the punk rock culture.

“If you’re that into politics, don’t put yourself in a situation where it could become a problem for you,” said Mauldin.

Attacked in the middle of a show by the very person he paid to see. Hildebrand now wants the popular punk rock singer to pay for his actions.

“If he wants to have a talk someday, man to man, I would love that but he would have to not be a child about it.”

Sacramento Police say they are aware of the incident and say it is under investigation. CBS13 reached out to the band’s manager who said the band has no comment.

He’s gonna get paid.

I love SD, never took Ness for an SJW. 

The guy who got his ass beat is a giant pussy faggot. You go to see an old school punk band and you get your panties in a twist when the band is antiestablishment? And then you cry like a bitch when you get your ass beat for sticking your middle finger in their face? Fucking moron. Glad Ness stomped him pretty good.

Ness is a puss and SD blows

turducken - 

The guy who got his ass beat is a giant pussy faggot. You go to see an old school punk band and you get your panties in a twist when the band is antiestablishment? And then you cry like a bitch when you get your ass beat for sticking your middle finger in their face? Fucking moron. Glad Ness stomped him pretty good.

In the adult world you don’t attack people for political views…unless you’re a mindless liberal.

Palmala Handerson -

He’s gonna get paid.

Hes not an SJW. Believe it or not, there is a rather gigantic space between SJW and Trumpeter

turducken - 

If what he claims is true, he was being held by the other concert goers while the dickhead band member punched him.  Which means the guy was too chickenshit to face him in a fight.  He would only attack him if he could be sure the guy couldn't punch him back. Sounds like he was a coward.

torn

SD/NEss have always been making anti establishment/anti president statements at their shows from the beginning

and Ness has always had small man syndrome talking about how he" never backs down" and "goes after the big guy in fights"

and the dude was holding up the finger the entire time

and it was a "punk" show

on the other hand

Ness is a baby and committed assault

dude will get paid something likely

Munk -
turducken - 

In the adult world you don’t attack people for political views…unless you’re a mindless liberal.

It’s not the adult world. It’s a fucking punk concert. You don’t go to a social distortion concert and get offended when they shit on the government and you sure as hell dont tell mike ness to go fuck himself for 2 songs straight and then act surprised when he beats your ass. You act like they’re two citizens having an interaction at a local Starbucks. We’re talking about one of the most old school guys out of the hardcore and punk scenes.

turducken - 
Munk -
turducken - 

It’s not the adult world. It’s a fucking punk concert. You don’t go to a social distortion concert and get offended when they shit on the government and you sure as hell dont tell mike ness to go fuck himself for 2 songs straight and then act surprised when he beats your ass. You act like they’re two citizens having an interaction at a local Starbucks. We’re talking about one of the most old school guys out of the hardcore and punk scenes.

Well if he wasn't such a coward he could have leaned over and given the guy the finger right back instead of getting other people to hold him while he punched him in the head.

Ness can dish it out but can’t take it. Typical liberal. He’s the very definition of pretentious. Go play wanna be gangster some more you hypocrite. 

turducken -

Yes having a differing belief and making a gesture at someone is grounds for assault. Grow the fuck up retard. I'm sure in your world of being a sandwich artist if some jackass flips you off at your job it's grounds for assault.

turducken - 

There's litterally dozens of things Ness could have done other than spit and assault someobody for flipping him the bird.

I like Mike, his "Cheating at Solitaire" is one of my favorite albums. But he was being just as big of a, if not bigger, pussy than the guy he beat up.

No longer a fan.

He beat someone for doing the same thing he used to do.

Sogflop - 

No longer a fan.

I never heard of him so I looked up some of their music on youtube.  It's dogshit!  Holy fuck my ears are bleeding.  Sounds like two cats fucking.

If say Toby Keith or Kid Rock jumped from the stage and punched a fan for yelling disparaging remarks about Trump it would be all over CNN, MSNBC and the other media outlets. They would probably be calling for Hate Crime charges.

PatK -
turducken - 

There's litterally dozens of things Ness could have done other than spit and assault someobody for flipping him the bird.

I like Mike, his "Cheating at Solitaire" is one of my favorite albums. But he was being just as big of a, if not bigger, pussy than the guy he beat up.

Under the Influences is great too. I own every one of his albums both solo and with SD. But I agree completely there are a ton of things he could have done instead. Resorting to assault in a crowd you know will have your back is being a big pussy. 

Mike Lady - 
Palmala Handerson -

He’s gonna get paid.

It's punk rock. What the fuck do you think most of their politics are about?

That's like going to a hip hop show and complaining about profanity.

NESS:  "It's a punk rock concert!  What did you expect me to do judge?  He gave me the finger.  I had no choice but to get other people to hold him while I punched him in the face.  Please don't make me pay any money.  I still haven't finished paying for my Gucci shoes and Versace watch!  I'm hard core and need to keep up an image!"