Mike Swick signs fight agreement!!!

Just talked to him on full tilt. says he will be fighting Ben Saunders at UFC99 in germany!

Swick has proven to be on another level than hardy or davis, imo...

Isn't Saunders in a higher weight class?

Spuds Buckley  - Isn't Saunders in a higher weight class?

He has dropped down to 170.

ATLien420 - Swick has proven to be on another level than hardy or davis, imo...
really now? How so?

With his stellar "win" over Marcus? Or his stunning loss to Okami? Or maybe it was that impressive dismantling of the granite chinned Goulet?

Haulport - 
ATLien420 - Swick has proven to be on another level than hardy or davis, imo...
really now? How so?

With his stellar "win" over Marcus? Or his stunning loss to Okami? Or maybe it was that impressive dismantling of the granite chinned Goulet?

are you suggesting his victory over davis was anything other than dominating?

Oh...good one if true.

man i like swick and saunders....but...have to go with beserk for the upset!

Just a rumor for now imo.

It's official...

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/02/28/mike-swick-vs-ben-saunders-signed-for-ufc-99/

An intriguing matchup between welterweights Mike Swick and Ben Saunders is now set for UFC 99 on June 13 in Cologne, Germany.

The event is expected to be headlined by a 195 pound catchweight bout between former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin and former PRIDE middleweight champion Wanderlei Silva.

Other bouts reportedly expected for the card include Cain Velasquez vs. Heath Herring, Spencer Fisher vs. Caol Uno, and Todd Duffee vs. Mustapha al Turk.

This is a sweet fight, and I'm a big fan of both guys.

The only proven advantage I would give Swick would be the level of competition he's fought at 185, which isn't much in my eyes because he was subsequently dominated by Okami.

I don't consider Swick's performance against Marcus "dominating" at all; just a solid win with an intelligent (although maybe not fan-friendly) gameplan.

Regarding Swick x Saunders, Ben will have a solid height/reach advantage over Swick, which may bother Swick because he usually enjoys that same advantage. I would also give Swick the advantage for power and quickness with his strikes.

Great fight, and I'll take Swick for the win, but I think Ben will put on a good show.

inf0 - Swick by Swickacide!

Swickaconda imo

Well then....

I'll take Saunders by flying knee.

Good fight. Saunders looked great in his last fight.

Ben Saunders Knees Brandon Wolff UFN 16

fabes - 
Well then....

I'll take Saunders by flying knee.

Im in

Good matchup!

99 is looking quite good.  100 will have a lot to live up to, on paper anyways.

Good to see Quick back at it.