Mike Tyson asked if he could beat Conor McGregor

Mike Tyson will hold a boxing exhibition vs. Roy Jones Jr. on September 12, reportedly for $49.99. "Iron" Mike appeared recently on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon to talk about it.

"I'm back, man, I'm back," said Tyson. "I don't know how it came back. I started training, I'm back in shape, 228. I've been boxing, I can't believe this either, man. I don't believe in the fountain of youth, but something just came over me and I'm back, man.”

The event kicks off Tyson’s new “Legends Only League" a Geezers and Seizures at Caesars effort launched with Eros Innovations to help train veteran athletes across multiple sports to get them back into professional form, giving them a second chance at a life in sports. 

Fallon asked Tyson about fighting former UFC champ champ Conor McGregor.

Tyson said that McGregor is “nuts” and added, "Yeah, but I'm going to kick his ass anyway."

Fallon noted that McGregor "doesn't play by the rules" and "is all MMA," and Tyson responded, "Hey, we'll play with boxing rules."

However, there are limits to Tyson's confidence, wouldn't take on Daniel San, The Karate Kid.

"Whoa. Wax off, wax on,” he said speaking of the Karate Kid. “This looks pretty complicated. I'm going to have to surrender to him on this one.”

What do you think UG? How would "The Notorious" do boxing Mike Tyson?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEckNjXsZQc

h/t BET

Conor would die.

2 Likes

How is this a real question? 

Not even close AT ALL. I bet today’s roided up + TRT Tyson will surprise many. Might still not be prime, but sure as hell would crush anybody 50 pounds lighter than himself.

In

Jimmy Fallon acting like he’s been following Mike from the beginning, yet doesn’t know if he fought Roy Jones Jr. before or how long a boxing round is. GTFOH

1 Like

In boxing? Man. I'd have to imagine an old rusty Mike's reaction times and timing are complete garbage now if chuck is anything to go off.

Conor is crazy fast and would probably just dance around and peice him up.

Mike's what 52? Conor's in his prime and had a decent showing against Floyd

I dunno man. Size can only make up for so much.

With such a huge speed timing and athletic advantage id see Conor fucking him up to be perfectly honest.

All that said this is maybe the silliest idea about a potential fight for Conor I've heard to date and that's saying something

Come on now - Tyson would kill him. MCG is not known for his take downs and Tyson’s legs are to big and to strong- whats MCG going to do take him down in a clinch - lol NO. If I am not mistaken Iron Mike did some wrestling in HS— he is just to much for MCG over all- Size does matter in each situation individually

MasterofMartialArts -

How is this a real question? 

ANDROBJJ - Come on now - Tyson would kill him. MCG is not known for his take downs and Tyson’s legs are to big and to strong- whats MCG going to do take him down in a clinch - lol NO. If I am not mistaken Iron Mike did some wrestling in HS— he is just to much for MCG over all- Size does matter in each situation individually

Well wait, we are talking boxing. Not MMA.

Conor could throw one leg kick and Mike would be fucked. 

floofy - Not even close AT ALL. I bet today's roided up + TRT Tyson will surprise many. Might still not be prime, but sure as hell would crush anybody 50 pounds lighter than himself.

Don't be so sure. Today's Conor against today's Tyson in a boxing ring would be pretty competitive. Conor has a decent chin and his chances will increase the longer it goes.

MarcusAurelioFan -

Conor would die.

If he doesn't die, it doesn't count. If he's not dead, it doesn't count.

Conor’s 185 and in his athletic prime. He would make an absolute fool out of 54-year-old Tyson who hasn’t fought in 15 years after quitting against Kevin McBride.

dinkledorf -
floofy - Not even close AT ALL. I bet today's roided up + TRT Tyson will surprise many. Might still not be prime, but sure as hell would crush anybody 50 pounds lighter than himself.

Don't be so sure. Today's Conor against today's Tyson in a boxing ring would be pretty competitive. Conor has a decent chin and his chances will increase the longer it goes.

A 'decent' chin on a way lighter dude vs  a shot from mike???? Cmon man

1 Like
BAGZbp -
dinkledorf -

A 'decent' chin on a way lighter dude vs  a shot from mike???? Cmon man

Anyone picking Conor is either a troll, or has CTE

1 Like
FatBuddha - Jimmy Fallon acting like he's been following Mike from the beginning, yet doesn't know if he fought Roy Jones Jr. before or how long a boxing round is. GTFOH

Typical late night host trying to look cool. This is why late night TV is dead. 

LOL @ at the wax on wax off joke. T

You guys are nuts. Mike just needs one and Conor will be eating through a straw for 6 months. "Never Defending" wants no part of Mike. 

1 Like