Mike Winkeljohn: Hitler comparison was a mistake

Bartholomew P Skibbenheims III -
Mustard Tiger -

“How many kids are being molested right now because nobody’s reporting it? Kids aren’t going to school. Child molesters are stuck with kids 24/7.”

wut?

That was one of the talking points of those two debunked bro Drs in Cali who dont understand how statistics work.

It was kind of a weird thing to say but I think there is probably some truth to it.

The people who blame the lockdown for more kids being molested or more women being abused have to be thestupidest people on the planet. I'm so glad Greg Jackson has nothing to do with this assininity. Like if there was no lockdown, the molesters would be too busy doing their hair or working their jui jitsu to actually do any molesting.

1 Like
stainlesssteel -

The people who blame the lockdown for more kids being molested or more women being abused have to be thestupidest people on the planet. I'm so glad Greg Jackson has nothing to do with this assininity. Like if there was no lockdown, the molesters would be too busy doing their hair or working their jui jitsu to actually do any molesting.

The point he is making is that the kids aren't going to school and are staying home all the time and therefore aren't reporting these things to their school counselors etc.. Because there are less reports being made, there are less investigations being done, which leads to less people being caught. 

Be careful calling other people stupid when you couldn't even comprehend the point he was making.

4 Likes
Mustard Tiger -

“How many kids are being molested right now because nobody’s reporting it? Kids aren’t going to school. Child molesters are stuck with kids 24/7.”

wut?

Jesus. Talk about doubling down. This is like a guy at a Blackjack table from hell with a 20 and screaming hit me. 

What an asshole. 

Diabeetus -
stainlesssteel -

The point he is making is that the kids aren't going to school and are staying home all the time and therefore aren't reporting these things to their school counselors etc.. Because there are less reports being made, there are less investigations being done, which leads to less people being caught. 

Be careful calling other people stupid when you couldn't even comprehend the point he was making.

SMH. I’ve worked in forms of social work, substance abuse etc. for years. What u just said is stupid. You think child molesters weren’t doing this shit after school when it was open? There are many ways to report abuse in fact in times of solace we see children statistically report more often. You can see the results in women who’ve called the cops for domestic assault during COVID and then point out it’s been going on for yrs. 

For him to use that line to 

1. Gloss over his stupid Hitler comment

2. Use child molestation as a reason to hurry his gym to open. 

Is nothing short of nauseating. Using that line is disgusting. What a piece of shit. 

2 Likes
BostonCharm -
Diabeetus -
stainlesssteel -

SMH. I’ve worked in forms of social work, substance abuse etc. for years. What u just said is stupid. You think child molesters weren’t doing this shit after school when it was open? There are many ways to report abuse in fact in times of solace we see children statistically report more often. You can see the results in women who’ve called the cops for domestic assault during COVID and then point out it’s been going on for yrs. 

Is nothing short of nauseating. Using that line is disgusting. What a piece of shit. 

So have I. And what I said isn’t stupid at all. Of course child molesters were doing this shit before the lockdown. The difference now is that there are a lot less cases being reported to CPS and law enforcement. Less investigations into abuse leads to less people being arrested and less children being removed from abusive situations. I’m confused as to why this is so difficult to understand.

1 Like
Mr. Wright -

domestic calls to law enforcement are up, child abuse calls are up. it would be a safe bet to say that more kids are being molested/abused due to the stay at home order. couple of friends of mine in LE have told me that it's shocking how bad its been since the quarantine started.

If anything it’s being reported more. Which is a good thing. 

And I don't know about the entire country but i can say for a fact that child abuse reports in my area are down considerably since the lockdown. I have no reason to think its different anywhere else.

BostonCharm -
Mr. Wright -

domestic calls to law enforcement are up, child abuse calls are up. it would be a safe bet to say that more kids are being molested/abused due to the stay at home order. couple of friends of mine in LE have told me that it's shocking how bad its been since the quarantine started.

You're now the 2nd person to say this. Where are you getting this information?

Diabeetus -
BostonCharm -
Mr. Wright -

Disregard the link if u want.  The plain fact is this guy compared COVID to Hitler and did such little research he got a false wrong quote. 

But to save face he decided to bring up child molestation to smooth over his apology and in hopes it’ll help his gym open quicker. That’s fucking wagging the dog. And disgusting. 

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/04/22/domestic-violence-has-increased-during-coronavirus-lockdowns

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/world/coronavirus-domestic-violence.html

Mustard Tiger -

wut?

The urgent care doctors went this route too. It's like taking But think of the children! To the next level

Diabeetus -
BostonCharm -
Diabeetus -
stainlesssteel -

So have I. And what I said isn’t stupid at all. Of course child molesters were doing this shit before the lockdown. The difference now is that there are a lot less cases being reported to CPS and law enforcement. Less investigations into abuse leads to less people being arrested and less children being removed from abusive situations. I’m confused as to why this is so difficult to understand.

maybe not as many kids are getting molested since theyre, you know, at home. 

less reporting =/= less molestation ?

its directly a result  of schools being closed? 

" shit schools are closed for s couple months, now i can finally molest my kids!" said no one, ever. 

1 Like
Connorwinztharematch -
Diabeetus -
BostonCharm -
Diabeetus -
stainlesssteel -

maybe not as many kids are getting molested since theyre, you know, at home. 

less reporting =/= less molestation ?

its directly a result  of schools being closed? 

" shit schools are closed for s couple months, now i can finally molest my kids!" said no one, ever. 

I like this angle better and hope you’re right. I just know how many reports there normally are in my area from schools and therapists/counselors and now there are pretty much 0. There is no school and most counselors aren’t doing face to face visits.

BostonCharm -
Diabeetus -
BostonCharm -
Mr. Wright -

Disregard the link if u want.  The plain fact is this guy compared COVID to Hitler and did such little research he got a false wrong quote. 

But to save face he decided to bring up child molestation to smooth over his apology and in hopes it’ll help his gym open quicker. That’s fucking wagging the dog. And disgusting. 

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/04/22/domestic-violence-has-increased-during-coronavirus-lockdowns

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending his initial post, I thought it was really stupid. Really all I was trying to get across is that there might be some truth to his quote about kids (even though it was a weird thing for him to say) when everybody on page 1 was saying it was idiotic.

And thanks for providing that link.

1 Like
Diabeetus -
BostonCharm -
Diabeetus -
stainlesssteel -

maybe youre too stupid to get it

Diabeetus - 
stainlesssteel -

Ok but how does Winklejohn know that scores of kids are being molested in their homes if they aren’t reporting it to anyone? Is Winklejohn going around doing surveys on his own? Does he know groups of dads that are abusing the piss out of their kids yet nothing is being done about it?

It’s a very odd comment to make

Diabeetus -
BostonCharm -
Diabeetus -
BostonCharm -
Mr. Wright -

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending his initial post, I thought it was really stupid. Really all I was trying to get across is that there might be some truth to his quote about kids (even though it was a weird thing for him to say) when everybody on page 1 was saying it was idiotic.

And thanks for providing that link.

I agree in that point. It’s important to be curious. 

1 Like
Mustard Tiger -

wut?

That was your only takeaway from that amazing post?

ons ear -
Diabeetus - 
stainlesssteel -

Ok but how does Winklejohn know that scores of kids are being molested in their homes if they aren’t reporting it to anyone? Is Winklejohn going around doing surveys on his own? Does he know groups of dads that are abusing the piss out of their kids yet nothing is being done about it?

It’s a very odd comment to make

What’s even more unsettlingn is that this idiot actually sees nothing wrong with a man using child molesting as a means to open his gym. He’s defending it. 

Maybe you’re on the wrong board homie