MINADO sushi in NY

ate dinner in Glen Cove, NY@ aplace called MINADO.

This place got good reviews from James Beard.

Huge buffet style of Sushi, sashimi,

fried foods like Tempura, Takoyaki and shrimps

Crablegs

a variety of japanese salads

Meats in a section called "Minado Hibachi"

and of course desserts.

I know buffet is more quantity than quality but this placed delivered.

I took a few pics, if someone can post for me I will send to your email.

I smashed 2 plates, then some desserts, then 1 more plate.

Total is about $30. a person, which wasn't too bad considering all the stuff they had to offer.

stolen from google image

This is one side and there's an identical one to the right.
HUGE!

there was even Uni and Unagi sushi too. Oh man!

there's a todai feel about this place that makes me thing chugoku/kankoku goshyujin?

Never been to TODAI but I will go and give review.

NICE!

Looks like this place they used to have in Bellevue WA, called the Eating Factory. It was FTW too!

...and yes always filled with Hawaii peeps....maybe that's why they went outta business

JIMMYNAKS - Never been to TODAI but I will go and give review.

pls don't go to todai!

There was actually a Todai in the Woodfield mall in Schaumberg, IL! I stayed far away from it. The only sushi buffet I enjoyed was Hakone in the Prince Hotel. They actually had Toro. That is about all I ate.

I remember your thread, Todai trip is cancelled!

SMART MOVE!

Eating factory closed down, but it was good there!

Kimcheehoo -  . They actually had Toro. That is about all I ate.

whats good about toro? everytime my uncles goes boat fishing there always bringing back some. sashimi style every boxing,mma, or any family gathering he always makes a platter of about 10-15 pounds. every gathering we have we joke about him always bringing it. me personally i like sashimi salmon but it has to be fresh or atleast freshly frozen lol.

ono sashimi....omg

quality toro cannot be caught in hawaiian waters and there is a big difference between what we get and the good stuff.

FCTV808 - quality toro cannot be caught in hawaiian waters and there is a big difference between what we get and the good stuff.

so you better boycott that japanese restraunt in koolina and the one on kapahulu because its his biggest buyers.

mmasupporter - 
FCTV808 - quality toro cannot be caught in hawaiian waters and there is a big difference between what we get and the good stuff.

so you better boycott that japanese restraunt in koolina and the one on kapahulu because its his biggest buyers.

apparently sir, you don't realize that although they can label a meat as "toro" due to the part of the fish where the meat is taken from, the QUALITY TORO that you eat at TOKURITEI is imported from japan AND NOT from your uncle.

the cheaper locally caught version of toro is normally available at many of the local sushi restaurants however, but to mistake that as quality toro is a travesty indeed.

i guess what i'm saying is that the term "TORO" should be reserved for not only the part of the fish, but also the % of fat it has.

toro taro even the best wine tasters get fulled sometimes.lol

i wouldn't use wine tasters as my benchmark machine for toro tasting.

it's gotta be hardcore japanese businessmen w/ big wallets.