MINADO sushi in NY

FCTV808 - 

it's gotta be hardcore japanese businessmen w/ big wallets.

wait a minute, i thought these were the guys getting tricked by hookers when they have there big business conventions here in hawaii? hahahahaah j/k

a jimmynaks so where would you compare this place with. is it a tsukiji,kengos ect?

lol

I couldn't tell you the difference between quality Japan toro and the stuff they have in Hawaii. All I know is the toro they had at Hakone was fatty, light pink in color, and tasted very good. I like sashimi salmon as well. That's my favorite way of eating salmon.

it's not whether you can get it here (you can), but can you catch it here--NO. that's all.

so the fish in japan think there better huh? pffft damn purebred fish with tiny caks.

mmasupporter - a jimmynaks so where would you compare this place with. is it a tsukiji,kengos ect?

LOL!!! I've never been to any of those places.

I'm a McDonalds / Taco Bell kinda guy.

Most of places I go to other than that are places I see on the HG.

you wanna try some good MOFO toro? go to Mitch's Fishmarket on Ohohia st. near the ALAMO rent a car under the nimitz viaduct. They are actually fish wholesalers that deal w/ the local fish retailers. its like a hole in the wall sushi bar but fuggin is oh so ono! sometimes u need to call for seat availabilty cause they are always booked. Both sushi chefs are originally frok Japan. I can guarantee you the abalone and lobster are fresh cause they got live tanks in the back for both of these items mentioned. oishi! YOU CAN ALSO BRING YOUR OWN COCKTAILS FOR YOU DAMN ALCOHOLICS!

"Never been to TODAI but I will go and give review."

Todai can turn you completely off to sushi and even the smell of wasabi for months.

I've also heard Mitch's is a good hole in the wall.

def. always crowded.

also run by Japanese, no?

I think Mitch's has jumped the shark. Smaller portions, higher prices and less variety. The Mitch's special is probably still a good deal though. Pupus, sashimi, sushi, lobster sashimi, lobster miso soup and one or two other things for $75.

Anyone try Yohei? I hear it's good but pricey.

Mitch's is near work but I never go because its always too crowded

where is yohei's?