Minakov is the #1 HW in the world

VladimirPoopin - 
BJ Penn Forever - Stipe made his name beating Gonzaga, Arlovski, Hunt, Werdum, JDS, and Overeem while they were on the decline and he was in his prime.

Never saw him as some invincible HW.

Don’t think Minakov is invincible either, just think he is the best out there in 2018 and the favorite vs any pro MMA fighter competing in 2018.

You’re comparing all these fighters to Bigfoot. You’re clearly retarded 

Where did I compare those fighters to Bigfoot, perhaps it is you who suffers some sort of intellectual impairment.

My comment on Stipe is accurate, he beat a lot of big names while they were on the decline.

I was just making a point about the air of invincibility that fans start to perceive while athletes are winning.

Randy Couture is heralded as one of the best HWs the sport has seen, he never won more than four fights without losing.

DC has had a great career and had a great performance on Saturday. Stipe has had a great career as well.

I personally feel Minakov goes 5-5 or 6-4 with any active pro right now.

United Yorkie Rescue - 

You really don't think Cormier would smash him if they fought today? He's a good fighter but the best wrestler he fought is probably Kongo?

Tony Johnson was a good wrestler.

Minakov himself won a Jr. National Freestyle title.

Would love to see him in the UFC.

BJ Penn Forever -
VladimirPoopin - 
BJ Penn Forever - Stipe made his name beating Gonzaga, Arlovski, Hunt, Werdum, JDS, and Overeem while they were on the decline and he was in his prime.

Don’t think Minakov is invincible either, just think he is the best out there in 2018 and the favorite vs any pro MMA fighter competing in 2018.

Where did I compare those fighters to Bigfoot, perhaps it is you who suffers some sort of intellectual impairment.

My comment on Stipe is accurate, he beat a lot of big names while they were on the decline.

I was just making a point about the air of invincibility that fans start to perceive while athletes are winning.

Randy Couture is heralded as one of the best HWs the sport has seen, he never won more than four fights without losing.

DC has had a great career and had a great performance on Saturday. Stipe has had a great career as well.

Perhaps you’re not as smart as you think you are. DJ linderman starched this guy once. He has not proven anything other than beating a very young Volkov. Everyone else is was not only on the decline, but not ufc level. There is a reason those UFC level guys he fought weren’t in the UFC when he fought them

VladimirPoopin - 
BJ Penn Forever -
VladimirPoopin - 

Perhaps you’re not as smart as you think you are. DJ linderman starched this guy once. He has not proven anything other than beating a very young Volkov. Everyone else is was not only on the decline, but not ufc level. There is a reason those UFC level guys he fought weren’t in the UFC when he fought them

Minakov got rocked by Linderman but he recovered and won the fight. You should know its possible to get rocked at HW even if by a fighter with less skills. Starched implies he was finished, he was not “starched”.

You sound like the fans who say Fedor was never any good because he got rocked by Maldanado late in his career.

Anderson Silva got caught by Ryo Chonan less than two years before his UFC run. Did getting caught by Chonan imply he could not go on a great run in the future?

You do know fighters with who do great things can get caught in submissions and can get rocked in fights and even KOed right?

no. great fighter who would win a hell of a lot more than he would lose in the UFC, but to say he is the #1 HW in the world is insane.

BJ Penn Forever -
VladimirPoopin - 
BJ Penn Forever -
VladimirPoopin - 

Minakov got rocked by Linderman but he recovered and won the fight. You should know its possible to get rocked at HW even if by a fighter with less skills. Starched implies he was finished, he was not “starched”.

You sound like the fans who say Fedor was never any good because he got rocked by Maldanado late in his career.

Anderson Silva got caught by Ryo Chonan less than two years before his UFC run. Did getting caught by Chonan imply he could not go on a great run in the future?

You do know fighters with who do great things can get caught in submissions and can get rocked in fights and even KOed right?

Minakov in his prime, was nearly ko'd by a can.

DC wins like 8-9 out of 10 fights.

Lets see what comes of this…

Ali Abdelaziz

?Verified account @AliAbdelaziz00

Aug 10

very scary man Coming to you soon @vitalyminakov ??? No one is safe @dominancemm?_ @rizvan_magomedov @dynamitedan808

BJ Penn Forever - Lets see what comes of this...

Ali Abdelaziz

?Verified account @AliAbdelaziz00

Aug 10

very scary man Coming to you soon @vitalyminakov ??? No one is safe @dominancemm?_ @rizvan_magomedov @dynamitedan808

His win over Volkov is impressive but not enough to call him the #1 HW

I think he’s the 2nd best HW.

Minakov beats Werdum, Francis, and Stipe, IMO. Not Cormy boy.

The Lion King - 

His win over Volkov is impressive but not enough to call him the #1 HW

Not in the sense of rankings.

Never claimed he should be ranked #1.

I just think he is the favorite to win vs any 2018 MMA pro.

Ariel said its not done but things are going in the right direction and Minakov is likely returning to Bellator.

Its not the UFC but Minakov vs Bader, Kharitonov, Mitrione… is better than what he was doing in Fight Nights Global. Hopefully Bellator picks up a couple of the top HWs before they are as far down the road as Fedor, Mir.

With this new streaming deal, its not crazy to think Coker wants to get some top HWs to hold some big fights.

BJ Penn Forever - Ariel said its not done but things are going in the right direction and Minakov is likely returning to Bellator.

Its not the UFC but Minakov vs Bader, Kharitonov, Mitrione… is better than what he was doing in Fight Nights Global. Hopefully Bellator picks up a couple of the top HWs before they are as far down the road as Fedor, Mir.

With this new streaming deal, its not crazy to think Coker wants to get some top HWs to hold some big fights.

My guess would be he wants to finish out his contract and see what he can get on the open market. Just want to see him fighting again in the states.

Where is that mini-fedor that annihilated the bodybuilding guy that in the fight that was circulating around here some time ago? Is he still fighting?

RenzoStudent2004 - Where is that mini-fedor that annihilated the bodybuilding guy that in the fight that was circulating around here some time ago? Is he still fighting?

Kirill Sidelnikov

Lost to Fight Nights champ 12-0 Pavlovich (who the UFC is signing) in his last fight.

Kirill is signed with Bellator now. No clue when he makes his debut.

I think Minakov would be top 5 in UFC. He could not finish Kongo in 5 rounds. Just sucks he is relatively inactive and not fighting top talent. It has been over 4 years since fighting for Bellator. Which is crazy to think that they have gone so long w/o a HW camp. By the time they crown one, it will have been 5 years.

Ariel HelwaniVerified account @arielhelwani 2m2 minutes ago
More

Former Bellator HW champion Vitaly Minakov has re-signed with the promotion, Scott Coker confirms with ESPN. Minakov (21-0) hasn't fought for Bellator since 2014. He will not return as champion. Coker said tentatively plan is for him to fight once and then fight GP winner.