Minakov might be the best fighter on the planet

Put Minakov in a MMA cage with any boxer, kickboxer, wrestler, judoka, BJJ player, MMA fighter...

I'd say odds are high he is the best right now.

I see him able to submit all the pure strikers, submit or KO the pure wrestlers, KO the judoka and BJJ players.

Cain, Werdum and Overeem are on the decline.

At 32 years of age, 20-0, Minakov is just now hitting his prime.

He submits Ngannou and Lewis and makes it look easy, KOing or submitting Miocic are both options.

Miocic has looked great in his past three fights but Minakov would show the holes in his game, find a takedown and submit Stipe. Honestly think Minakov beats Stipe 7 times if the fight 10.

All the elite fighters can lose to on another on any given day and just given the skill sets of the top guys... Minakov seems the most complete.

People talk about Jones at HW... I think Minakov would KO Jones inside of two rounds.

Yep if all combat athletes were going to enter a giant Pride style Grand Prix, Minakov would be the #1 seed given his size, wrestling, judo/sambo, boxing and kickboxing.

Easily one of the most complete HW's to ever put on a pair of 4 ounce gloves.

Same guy that was completely out on his feet, and saved huge by the bell, against DJ fucking Lindemann, one fight ago? He's a top 10 heavyweight, and nothing more.

1 Like

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Same guy that was completely out on his feet, and saved huge by the bell, against DJ fucking Lindemann, one fight ago? He's a top 10 heavyweight, and nothing more.

Yeah the guy sucks, he can actually be hurt by punches

Lick Brown Boners - 
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Same guy that was completely out on his feet, and saved huge by the bell, against DJ fucking Lindemann, one fight ago? He's a top 10 heavyweight, and nothing more.

Thank you, pointing out the worst minutes in a fighters career does nothing to disparage their body of work.

That would be like me being dismissive of what GSP did because he got caught by Serra.

I think he is a top 10 HW. Not sure about best fighter in the world though.

What do you think about the other Russian HW's coming up? It seems like that is where Bellator and UFC should go to fill their ranks. Shtyrkov, Golstov, Pavlovich, Smoldarev, Andryszak,  and Mokhnatkin can make some noise in either the UFC or Bellator.

BTW, Shtyrkov is fighting Ishii next. If he wins that fight it is time for him to go to the UFC and or Bellator.

cyberc92 -

What do you think about the other Russian HW's coming up? It seems like that is where Bellator and UFC should go to fill their ranks. Shtyrkov, Golstov, Pavlovich, Smoldarev, Andryszak,  and Mokhnatkin can make some noise in either the UFC or Bellator.

Shtyrkov is roided up to the moon lol Pavlovich and Goltsov are good however the latter is very small for HW. Smoldarev and Mokhnatkin are tough but nothing exceptional. Andryzsak is not Russian. 

touch -
cyberc92 -

Shtyrkov is roided up to the moon lol Pavlovich and Goltsov are good however the latter is very small for HW. Smoldarev and Mokhnatkin are tough but nothing exceptional. Andryzsak is not Russian. 

Yup, that is why he will have to fight in Bellator and not the UFC with USADA. Goltsov looks to be weighin in the 230's and at 6'5 which is bigger than JDS and Werdum. 

Moldavsky is also a decent fighter. He's fighting Javy Ayala in Bellator soon, the guy who Ko'd Kharitonov.

All Fedor Team signs with Bellator, Shtyrkov has nothing to do with them, I think he is purely home product. And yeah, he's not beating Usada.

touch - 

Moldavsky is also a decent fighter. He's fighting Javy Ayala in Bellator soon, the guy who Ko'd Kharitonov.

Yes, and wow, that was a brutual KO!  Ayala has heavy hands.

Moldavsky and Tokov are great additions to Bellator. Hope they stick around.

Lick Brown Boners -

Yeah, no shit. Everybody can be knocked out too, and if you're knocked out, you're not the best in the world. By your logic, Shannon Ritch could be the best in the world. Anybody could submit to strikes 30 seconds into every fight.

BJ Penn Forever -
Lick Brown Boners - 

Thank you, pointing out the worst minutes in a fighters career does nothing to disparage their body of work.

That would be like me being dismissive of what GSP did because he got caught by Serra.
No, because then you would be comparing a low level fighter like D.J Lindeman, to Matt Serra. If you're the best in the world, you're not getting insanely close to being stopped by a guy like DJ Lindeman

Minakov is legit. After Miocic I would say he's is the best heavyweight in the world. Obviously fighting outside of the UFC doesn't give you the chance of fighting other world class guys but his resume is still solid.

BJ Penn Forever - Put Minakov in a MMA cage with any boxer, kickboxer, wrestler, judoka, BJJ player, MMA fighter...

I'd say odds are high he is the best right now.

I see him able to submit all the pure strikers, submit or KO the pure wrestlers, KO the judoka and BJJ players.

Cain, Werdum and Overeem are on the decline.

At 32 years of age, 20-0, Minakov is just now hitting his prime.

He submits Ngannou and Lewis and makes it look easy, KOing or submitting Miocic are both options.

Miocic has looked great in his past three fights but Minakov would show the holes in his game, find a takedown and submit Stipe. Honestly think Minakov beats Stipe 7 times if the fight 10.

Minakov doesn't really have the best TDD

What makes you say Minakov does not have the best TDD?