Minakov might be the best fighter on the planet

It's hard to judge a fighter like Minakov due to the level of his competition being a little low.

Two things i can say:

his striking technique is not the greatest, very basic, although it seems efficient for MMA (classic sambo striking style).

His atlheticism is great though, he moves like a MW, quick, good cardio (it seems), no evident holes in his game.

Lick Brown Boners -
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Same guy that was completely out on his feet, and saved huge by the bell, against DJ fucking Lindemann, one fight ago? He's a top 10 heavyweight, and nothing more.

Yeah the guy sucks, he can actually be hurt by punches

Pretty sure the point is that he's not this unstoppable dude that OP makes him out to be. If that dude can give him rubber legs then a top UFC fighter definitely has a much better chance than 3/10 time they fight.

Overeem would starch him

I've heard of 6/20 of his opponents. Below is 8 records of his other opponents.

0-1
7-8
0-2
1-6
3-1
0-1

2-1
11-10

He does not survive a round with Stipe.  Seriously, like inside 3 minutes....

I wonder whether Stipe would speak Croatian or some Russian to Minakov if they meet. Last time Werdum spoke Croatian to Fedor, things went south.

United Yorkie Rescue - What have you seen of this guy that would make you pick him against Stipe?

He would probably be Too 5 in UFC tho.

I pick against Stipe the last three fights. He's the perpetual underdog, he is Cleveland. His wins are enjoyable and he's a superb Champion, it just feels like the fairytale would end against Russia's best HW.

United Yorkie Rescue -
touch - 

I wonder whether Stipe would speak Croatian or some Russian to Minakov if they meet. Last time Werdum spoke Croatian to Fedor, things went south.

Do Fedor or Minakov understand a single word of Croatian? Doubt Stipe speaks any Russian either...

United Yorkie Rescue - Ah I guess it's close enough to Russian to get the gist of it.

Oh I thought you were Herring in a fur coat. That would be a weird question for him.

Slavic languages have a lot in common.

not ready to board that hype train yet

The best

This didnt age well

607_Shittin_Pancakes - 

This didnt age well

He won that fight tonight.

22-0

And still… the best fighter on the planet!

Guess not anymore lol.

"Put Minakov in a MMA cage with any boxer, kickboxer, wrestler, judoka, BJJ player, MMA fighter..."

I guess we know what happens when you put him in an mma cage with a washed up ufc vet, who's in his mid 40's.

Minakov is incredibly overrated. He literally just ducked his head and ran forward throwing right hands. Shit with heavyweight I guess he could be top 5

MrHughes1991 - 

Minakov is incredibly overrated. He literally just ducked his head and ran forward throwing right hands. Shit with heavyweight I guess he could be top 5

Everyone is overrated on the UG the second they lose.

That being said Minakov did not lose that fight.

Fedor, Werdum, Cain, Miocic, they all got bashed after they lost.

Minakov is no different. When he loses he will get bashed. Until then… 22-0.

BJ Penn Forever -
MrHughes1991 - 

Everyone is overrated on the UG the second they lose.

That being said Minakov did not lose that fight.

Fedor, Werdum, Cain, Miocic, they all got bashed after they lost.

Minakov is no different. When he loses he will get bashed. Until then… 22-0.

Whether you think he won or not, you have to admit that his stand up was poor with low output and his cardio failed him tonight. He did not look like a world beater at all. Hope he turns it around.