Minecraft's Creator Buys $70 million House

Good on this guy.

Notch made a cool game and sold it for big bucks. He didnt rip anybody off and sold Minecraft to Microsoft for 2.5 billion.

<h1 class="headline hover-highlight entry-title">
    <a data-id="" href="http://kotaku.com/minecrafts-creator-buy-the-most-expensive-house-in-beve-1672978154"><i>Minecraft's </i>Creator Buys The Most Expensive House In Beverly Hills</a></h1>

Minecraft's Creator Buys The Most Expensive House In Beverly Hills

In case you needed a material transaction to illustrate just how much money Markus Persson, aka Notch, has having sold Mojang (and Minecraft) to Microsoft, take a look at this: the dude just paid $70 million (and maybe beat out Beyonce & Jay-Z) to buy the most expensive house in Beverly Hills.

The John Aaroe Group just announced the sale, at a record (for Beverly Hills) $70 million. If you want to know what kind of a business deal that is, read this, from the agent's press release:

Persson's purchase included everything in the house from luxury furnishings to exotic electronics such as the automated 54–foot curved glass door in the living room that opens onto an infinity pool with iPad-controlled fountains and spectacular views. Cases of Dom Perignon were part of the deal.

The house is 23,000 square-feet, and features:

...vodka and tequila bars, a candy room, an 18-seat tiered screening room, a state-of-the-art kitchen and an exquisite 18-foot onyx dining room table for 24 that includes place settings by Roberto Cavalli at a cost of $3,700 each. Three high-definition 90-inch television screens bring panoramic views of Los Angeles from the roof into the down stairs lounge – especially breathtaking at night, says De Los Reyes. Art pieces include a replica of James Dean's motorcycle and a chromed Ma Deuce machine gun. On a conventional note, the home has eight bedrooms and 15 bathrooms all equipped with Toto Neorest toilets at a price of $5,600 each. 1718192021...24

It's unclear yet whether Persson intends to demolish the house and turn it into a bunch of giant cubes

I thought it would be made out of those little bricks. Phone Post 3.0

stevekt - I thought it would be made out of those little bricks. Phone Post 3.0

lol

Good for him. Let's hope Microsoft won't ruin minecraft. Phone Post 3.0

stevekt - I thought it would be made out of those little bricks. Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0

subbed for later

SidRon - Pretty lame, creepers would get in that place no problem
No problem. He'll just hit them with a little stick. Phone Post 3.0

also need pics of toilets

No giant cock made out of diamond blocks, unconvinced Notch really bought this. Phone Post 3.0

Wow, that is actually the closest I've seen to my ultimate dream house. Location, features, everything.

jahmon - also need pics of toilets

Seems they wash, dry and deodorise your ass:

Amazing how much money that dude got. Shocking no big company beat him to making something like that first.

Good for him. Phone Post 3.0

Kinda funny though how a few years ago he said he would never sell, especially to a company like microsoft. Then he sells for 2.5 BILLION..and says it wasn't about the money, it was about his sanity.

Sure.

Good for him though, thats a fucking life changing chunk of money right there.

Good for him! We should all aspire to this.

Yossarian - Amazing how much money that dude got. Shocking no big company beat him to making something like that first.

Good for him. Phone Post 3.0

The crazy thing is, he originally made minecraft for his little brother.  His brother asked him to make a game for him, so he made Minecraft.  Pretty crazy how that changed his life.

easedel - Kinda funny though how a few years ago he said he would never sell, especially to a company like microsoft. Then he sells for 2.5 BILLION..and says it wasn't about the money, it was about his sanity.

Sure.

Good for him though, thats a fucking life changing chunk of money right there.
I'm sure it was both dude minecraft got huge. I'm sure no hang weren't built for that kind of success. Phone Post 3.0

Good for him. Phone Post

Ant C -
jahmon - also need pics of toilets

Seems they wash, dry and deodorise your ass:

That is an amazing shitter. But the real question is: Do your legs go numb when you sit too long while playing on your phone or iPad? Phone Post 3.0

Don't even like minecraft but gotta admire the man's brilliance.

He's livin the dream.

oh thats right, he's a neck beard, still think hes pulling in quality pussy? of course he is, them btiches are whores!! HAHA