Minnesota Vikings 2020-21 Championship Thread

Morgz -
sgotwalks -

Lol! Well at this stage I can be alright with the Vikes players (Cook and Jefferson) racking up fantasy points for me while continuing to be in the running for the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. That was a very Vikingesque final drive.

did you have Jefferson active any of the first 3 games?

I drafted him very late, and have had him on my bench.  Wich I had him active this last week.  I was dissapointed with how they were using him weeks 1 and 2, and then damn, he exploded week 3!

I started him in week 2, and of course sat him in week 3 for his coming out party. That's how I roll..... I also sat Aaron Jones in week 2 when he went off for 50+ fantasy points. Why would I sit Aaron Jones? Because I own Davin and Myles Sanders as my other 2 backs..... and it's always easiest to bench a Packer than the other two. I suppose the real question should be why do I even own a Packer? I own him just so I can bench him and say "Now sit down and shut up! You're not playing today!" 

Corn Pop - So no practice? Facilities closed due to Covid? LOL

Well not like practicing was helping them anyhow, but Jesus man.

Irv Smith has 2 catches for 14 yards on the season. He’s projected to get 75 yards on the season.

And it’s looking like they’ll be giving up 30+ per game on average.

…and let the shit show that this season has the potential to be, begin.

I think I read somewhere last month that if the season goes 8 weeks then they will use the standings to dictate the order of the draft next year, otherwise they'll go to a lotto system. If this is accurate, please give us 5 more abysmal weeks before calling it, we're currently on pace for Trevor Lawrence, and an abrupt end to the season might be just what we need before the Vikings can fuck it all up with a meaningless 3 game win streak to end the season.

sgotwalks -
Morgz -
sgotwalks -

Lol! Well at this stage I can be alright with the Vikes players (Cook and Jefferson) racking up fantasy points for me while continuing to be in the running for the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. That was a very Vikingesque final drive.

did you have Jefferson active any of the first 3 games?

I drafted him very late, and have had him on my bench.  Wich I had him active this last week.  I was dissapointed with how they were using him weeks 1 and 2, and then damn, he exploded week 3!

I started him in week 2, and of course sat him in week 3 for his coming out party. That's how I roll..... I also sat Aaron Jones in week 2 when he went off for 50+ fantasy points. Why would I sit Aaron Jones? Because I own Davin and Myles Sanders as my other 2 backs..... and it's always easiest to bench a Packer than the other two. I suppose the real question should be why do I even own a Packer? I own him just so I can bench him and say "Now sit down and shut up! You're not playing today!" 

I like your  I try hard to not be a homer and load my team with vikings, yet I somehow always still do. I picked 3rd this year, and I’m not gonna lie, I was VERY tempted to take Dalvin (all the pros I read had him at 5 through 8). I bit the bullet and took Ezekiel Elliot....then I took Theilen next at 22 overall. Also a little early, but I was comfortable with that. 

I absolutely HATE the Seahawks — the non conference nemesis. But both Russel Wilson and Carsen were available later than they should have been, so I took both, played them, and been killing it. I’m 3-0 so far with no plans to sit Wilson. Carsen May be hurt so I may have to sit him…but yeah, I get it. 

I took Bailey 12 round and got Jefferson 13th round. I always take a Viking kicker. Id been too scared to start Jefferson after he got a whopping 6 looks in 2 games. Now I regret it, and may have to play him over Theilen at some point.  We’ll see. 

I wouldn’t hate on you for playing Jones, but you are pretty set at RB either way. FF makes watching football so much more fun. 

1 Like

Have we had any positive tests yet? Everything I read is still saying it’s all Titan players and staff. 

JoeVIP -

Snatching defeat from the hands of victory. Before the game I told my family that it is probably better for the Vikings if they loose. They are going to blow this team up and rebuild after this season. Hopefully with a new QB.

How do you blow up a team that's locked into ridiculous contracts?  There would be so much dead money you couldnt field a team.   Speilman and his Cap counter have moved so much money around and extended contracts to overpay a bunch of mediocre players it will take 5 years to fix, by then your star running back you just overpaid will be over the hill.  This team is so miss managed it's laughable.  They were talking on kfan that they have shelled out something like 500 million dollars in garrented contract money over the past few years to field a team with 2 post season wins.   

sewich - 
JoeVIP -

Snatching defeat from the hands of victory. Before the game I told my family that it is probably better for the Vikings if they loose. They are going to blow this team up and rebuild after this season. Hopefully with a new QB.

How do you blow up a team that's locked into ridiculous contracts?  There would be so much dead money you couldnt field a team.   Speilman and his Cap counter have moved so much money around and extended contracts to overpay a bunch of mediocre players it will take 5 years to fix, by then your star running back you just overpaid will be over the hill.  This team is so miss managed it's laughable.  They were talking on kfan that they have shelled out something like 500 million dollars in garrented contract money over the past few years to field a team with 2 post season wins.   

If they really wanted to get rid of guys like Cook, Hunter, Thielen, Harrison, etc…it wouldn’t be difficult to find teams to take over their contracts. Cousins is only under contract for 2 years after this one, so even if they got the number one pick and took Lawrence, it would prob be smart to allow him that time to learn behind him.

That said, I hope they tank, take Lawrence, hold onto Cook, Jefferson, Hunter and a few others and build around them

If the vikings got the 1st pick Speilman would probably trade back for a 3rd, 2 4ths, 3 6ths and a 7th from the next year.  

sewich -
JoeVIP -

I Wouldn't know. I don't understand the cap and how all the dead money stuff works. Or What happens when you trade players.

But they are spending way to much money on people who are good but not great. Just figure that is when teams rebuild. Shitty record and overpriced players not producing.

sewich -

If the vikings got the 1st pick Speilman would probably trade back for a 3rd, 2 4ths, 3 6ths and a 7th from the next year.  

That's funny because it's true.

13-3 baby here we go!

Yep here they go looking good. Gonna go 5-11 and miss out on top game changing draft players.

Come on. Tank for trever

Corn Pop - Yep here they go looking good. Gonna go 5-11 and miss out on top game changing draft players.

Come on. Tank for trever

Hahahahaha I hear you. I know we are definitely not great, but we are also not bad enough to seriously contend for Trevor. Weeks 1&2, maybe. Weeks 3 and 4 we are playing competitive with playoff teams from last year. 

I’ve been called a rube on here before. I guess that’s a bad thing but I’m trying to stay optimistic, and I have more fun watching small successes than a season of brutality. 

skol! We’re gonna win the north…wildcard…maybe…then probably lose first round on the road at Seattle…then have another brutal schedule next year. Skol!

And as expected, we can’t stand prosperity. Literally rolling over and giving it to them. 

the only good news is we are letting them score really fast. 

Never a doubt in my mind!!!  Hahahahaha we snuck away with that one despite ourselves 

13-3 guys. I can feel it!!!!

Morgz - 
Corn Pop - Yep here they go looking good. Gonna go 5-11 and miss out on top game changing draft players.

Come on. Tank for trever

Hahahahaha I hear you. I know we are definitely not great, but we are also not bad enough to seriously contend for Trevor. Weeks 1&2, maybe. Weeks 3 and 4 we are playing competitive with playoff teams from last year. 

I’ve been called a rube on here before. I guess that’s a bad thing but I’m trying to stay optimistic, and I have more fun watching small successes than a season of brutality. 

skol! We’re gonna win the north…wildcard…maybe…then probably lose first round on the road at Seattle…then have another brutal schedule next year. Skol!

We are definitely not as bad as weeks 1-2. However Houston isn’t the same team as last year without Hopkins and they’re terrible, and we still almost lost. But no I don’t think we’ll be getting the number one pick unfortunately

And I think Jefferson is going to be an absolute stud. Dude is showing some good stuff out there

Agree Jefferson is going to be good.  I already love/hate his cockiness.  He's showing the ability to get open, and so far his yards after catch are great.  

Watching the Falcons & Carolina right now. I always was a Teddy fan. I’ve come around a bit on Cousins (althoughhis lack of awareness frustrates the shit out of me). That said, I would still rather have Teddy, and all the money that would have saved, instead of Kirk. That’s assuming we spent the $aving$ wisely. 

I did like teddy too, just didn’t see him as a long term franchise qb. Def wish him well though as he seems like a good dude