Minnesota Vikings 2020-21 Championship Thread

Corn Pop -
Morgz - 

Yeah I’m just trying to come up with some positives. 

Danielle Hunter is 1 guy, but that will help pressure up front tremendously when he comes back. 

im not near as down on the OLine as I am on our defensive backfield. Too much youth. Dantzler and Hill got beat all day.  At least the OLine is still run blocking well. We need to improve pass protection a bunch though. I really wish Cousins was more of a quick release guy. Our plays take too long to unfold when you can’t protect the QB. 

The o line isn’t good, but they’re not god awful like the secondary.

Here’s the thing. Holton hill was a backup the last two years. There’s a reason for that. He’s not meant to be going up against the likes of Davante Adams, and it showed. There’s a reason Rodgers targeted Adams 17 times. Not sure why they thought getting rid of the entire cb roster was a good idea.

And again, cousins is scared to throw to anyone except Thielen today. Where was Rudolph? I though Irv was supposed to really break out. Did he even play today? I honestly don’t remember seeing him. Getting rid of your best receiver and expecting a rookie to immediately take over is not realistic. Bisi as the #2 guy? Ugh.

Last, why never throw the ball downfield? I’m watching all other teams do it. Like Brady just got a 40 yard pass interferenc call. Even if you don’t complete it, there’s a chance of a penalty. But if you never try, you’ll never get either.

I get it was only one game, but I don’t see any evidence that they can go anywhere this year.

They’re gonna pay cousins and cook a ton, but not get them any other help around them?

Not sure where they think they’re going with this team.

I think Irv caught 1 of 2 targets. There was one play where Kirk was hurried and sacked and Conklin was wide open. Just no protection for him to check down and make the attempt. 

I like Bisi but he’s not a #2 WR at this level. 

and you are right, we have no one in the defensive backfield that can hang with the elite WR in this league right now. 

Yea, speaking as a packers fan.  Not to add more rain on the misery parade, but unless that secondary significantly improves into the season, I'm no longer concerned about the Vikings being a threat to win the division this year.

Adam's tied that CBs shoes, tucked his shirt in, gave him a lunchbox and a backpack...and then took him to school.  You arent going to beat Rodgers with a bad secondary and blitz packages.

They look identical to last week

3rd and 9- run with Mattison

3rd abd 19- run with Mattison.

Of course 2 punts

Just shows they have zero confidence in cousins, our line, and passing game. If it’s 3rd and 9 they give up and it’s time to punt, so bring in the second string running back to safely carry the ball

And D looks atrocious again

Ugh!

6 for 17 passing, 0 tds, 2 ints after the 1st half. 

I bet my kid (a Colts fan) 1000 pushups on this game, to be done within a week, video'd for proof. Fuck me! I'm not in very good shape right now, 50 years old, and dreading the shit out of this second half.

sgotwalks - 

6 for 17 passing, 0 tds, 2 ints after the 1st half. 

And 97 yards, with about 25 being gatebage yards to end the half with 5 seconds left. So they compiled about 70 yards of total offense

Third INT. There have been 19 pass attempts and 6 rushing attempts. Did Zimmer change his philosophy overnight, or is he going to fire another offensive coordinator for refusing to hand off the fucking ball?

3rd and 27 ugh

4th and 32 lol

That’s really hard to do

Btw how many teams in nfl history have given up a safety on the first 2 games of the season?

That’s also almost impossible to do

ChokeHisAss -

Maybe if they worried about how to play football half as much as they worried about how to celebrate criminals then they wouldn't have sucked so fucking bad. Lolol.

Holy shit, you may be onto something here.... oh wait, no sgotwalks disagrees so nevermind, the vikings are amazing no matter what!!!!!

This is brutal. Having a hard time finding a bright side right now. 

sgotwalks -

Third INT. There have been 19 pass attempts and 6 rushing attempts. Did Zimmer change his philosophy overnight, or is he going to fire another offensive coordinator for refusing to hand off the fucking ball?

too busy trying to figure out how to support criminals, no time for working out those kinds of things!!

I still listen to fanline even though I no longer watch the games.  Sounds like it should be a good one today by this thread lol.  

ChokeHisAss -
sgotwalks -

too busy trying to figure out how to support criminals, no time for working out those kinds of things!!

What the fuck are you even talking about? You sound stupid.

I found the bright side. Looks like we are throwing our name in the hat for the Trevor Lawrence / Justin Fields sweepstakes. 

Morgz - 

This is brutal. Having a hard time finding a bright side right now. 

Ya even special teams is fucking up royally. Offensive awful. Defense atrocious.

I guess I heard Bailey is on a nice little field goal streak

sgotwalks -
ChokeHisAss -
sgotwalks -

What the fuck are you even talking about? You sound stupid.

And you sound mad. Sorry you gotta do 1000 pushups!

I’m not even joking, but if something doesnt change i don’t think they can win a game this year. They could realistically go 0-16

They have titans, Texans, Seahawks, falcons and packers coming up. That’s for sure an 0-7 start if they keep playing like this