Minnesota Vikings 2020-21 Championship Thread

On the bright side, Justin Jefferson was the top wideout on the Vikes in week 2. On the downside, he had 3 catches for 40 yards.

The most safeties ever recorded by the entire nfl in a season is 26. Average is around 10. The Vikings safe on pace to give up 16 themselves.

I can’t get over how awful they look. Not thrilled they gave Zimmer a 3 year extension. I have a feeling this will be like Childress, where we fire him and have to pay him for several years

Even less thrilled about cousins deal.

BailmeOut - 

Even less thrilled about cousins deal.

Agreed. Pats paying Cam $1m and he’s throwing for 400 while rushing for 2 TD’s, with a lesser receiving core.

While we’re paying cousins over $30m

Corn Pop - The most safeties ever recorded by the entire nfl in a season is 26. Average is around 10. The Vikings safe on pace to give up 16 themselves.

I can’t get over how awful they look. Not thrilled they gave Zimmer a 3 year extension. I have a feeling this will be like Childress, where we fire him and have to pay him for several years

Who cares if the wikfs have to pay him, it doesn’t affect the salary cap.  I have said it for years that Zimmer isn’t a head coach.  Listening to the post game and it sounded like Zimmer continuing to push the run game late in the game down by 3 scores.  He doesn’t know how to game manage.  

sgotwalks -

On the bright side, Justin Jefferson was the top wideout on the Vikes in week 2. On the downside, he had 3 catches for 40 yards.

I was a little salty when they made the pick, and I’m starting to fall back into being salty about it.  I hope he proves me wrong, but our corners are not great, and O line still can’t pass protect (not to mention Cousins holds the ball too long and has very low awareness of what’s crashing in around him). 

I would have preferred trading a few are 78 picks for some veteran help where we need it.  The last WR we took in the first round was a complete bust, and I don’t think he’s even on a practice squad anymore.  edit:  falcons put him on their practice squad 

Guess I'll sub for a disappointing year.

Morgz - 
sgotwalks -

I was a little salty when they made the pick, and I’m starting to fall back into being salty about it.  I hope he proves me wrong, but our corners are not great, and O line still can’t pass protect (not to mention Cousins holds the ball too long and has very low awareness of what’s crashing in around him). 

I would have preferred trading a few are 78 picks for some veteran help where we need it.  The last WR we took in the first round was a complete bust, and I don’t think he’s even on a practice squad anymore.  edit:  falcons put him on their practice squad 

You’re right about cousins holding onto the ball too long. Last week when he was sacked for that safety I was yelling at the TV much earlier for him to get rid of it. You can’t hold it that long, especially when you know you’re standing in your own end zone.

Regarding receivers, we’ve struggled bad on early picks. Since Moss, they’ve taken Troy Williamson (pretty much straight up trade for Moss haha) like #6 overall. He lasted like a year. Complete bust. Since they’ve take Cordararelle, Percy, and Treadwell. Percy was good but obviously didn’t work out, and the other two didn’t do shit. That’s 4 misses in a row.

Still haven’t given up on Jefferson though.

Yeah I havnt given up on Jefferson either. I just wish they handled picks differently. Time will tell. So far he’s gotten 6 targets in 2 weeks for 60+ yards.  I know this isn’t all Justin’s fault, but I want more than that from a first round guy that is picked to replace Diggs. My feeling is if he was good enough to take that early, then they gotta believe he’s good enough to be an immediate impactful player. 

OK, the turn around starts today! Skol!

Sweet 3 and out to start. Another Cousins sack. 

next drive starts the turn around 

Dalvin!

fumble, then makes up for it with long td run

I’d like to invite everyone back to the thread. We had a good drive. Things are looking up! Let the comeback begin!

our O Line actually run blocks pretty well. If we could get some pass protection, and teach kirk to look left and right, we might be on to something 

This is what we need from Jefferson!

Kirk Cousins looked left, right, and center on that TD pass to Theilen. This has been the most fun watching Vikings so far this year. 

Ill keep posting to myself. Woot!

Harrison Smith and Anthony Harris are BEASTS!

Jefferson 71yd TD catch. He burned the DB too. 

suddenly I love this kid. A little cocky, but I’ll take it. SKOL!!!

Rudi!

another amazing catch and toe tap in the end zone. 

And Vikings gonna Viking!

well, at least this week was fun for a long time. 

Hahahahahahaha