Miocic meh on Ngannou rematch

Francis Ngannou had won ten in a row all inside the distance when he challenged champ Stipe Miocic for the heavyweight title. "The Predator" appeared to be The Next Big Thing, having won his previous four UFC fights in an average time of 1:41. However, Miocic dragged Ngannou into deep waters and won a unanimous decision.

Ngannou lost his next fight too, also via unanimous decision, to Derrick Lewis, in a fight that by every measure promised destruction and destroy, but delivered hugs. However, Ngannou recovered with a vengeance, winning his next four UFC fights in an average time of 40 seconds.

UFC president Dana White said Ngannou is next for Miocic.

Earlier this week in an interview with ESPN, Miocic acknowledged that "The Predator" earned it.

“Ngannou has definitely shown a lot better stuff since the first fight,” said Stipe “He’s knocking everyone out in the first round. He’s just on a tear.”

“He’s definitely worked his way back up, but if we do fight again, it doesn’t matter. The same thing is gonna happen. Same result. There’s no difference that’s gonna happen. I’m gonna win and dominate.”

However, on Wednesday Miocic did an AMA on Instagram, and was asked who the tougher fight is, Ngannou or former light heavyweight champion Jon Jones? In his reply, Stipe admitted he's not much interested in a rematch with Ngannou.

“Francis isn’t exciting to me, already put on a 25-minute clinic on how to beat him. Want a new challenge! Would love to box.”

The AMA is short and charming, check out the whole thing and discover:

•Best fighter he ever faced;

•Favorite win;

•Stipe’s Mount Rushmore;

•His go-to fast food;

•Favorite 90s wrestler;

•Best fighter in the UFC; 

•Best gun in a war zone; and,

•His scariest opponent.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/stipemiocic/2384602919248099994

I agree.  Francis has only a punchers chance against Stipe....it's a big chance but other than that, Stipe will put on a clinic.

I'd much rather see Stipe fight someone else.

4 Likes

Stipe gonna be asking the ref what happened 

3 Likes

He has great hands but not good enough head movement to move into boxing, imho.

2 Likes

I am too.

He is just gonna wrestle Francis again.

![](upload://ocSxiAr1a5PmDZbbhdJQR2IkDid.jpeg)

![](upload://winWGRGJuD2PYqoB0oyNlVSjhEd.jpeg)

![](upload://rIuempkB0gymatX3R5CO4ul4Imf.jpeg)

![](upload://94qYHXBtZ13DS45375CTFpu7nXk.jpeg)

1 Like

Francis knocks him out in the first or second round of a rematch imo. Heavyweight doesn’t have very many interesting fights available. Jon Jones would definitely bring interest to the division. 

I like Stipe but this is such a bitch move. Stipe bitched and moaned for over a year for a rematch with DC, without taking any other fights. And talked shit about DC angling for a payday fight with Lesnar.

NOW, he wants to deny Ngannou a rematch after Francis has clearly fought his way back to #1 contender (something Stipe refused to do) because HE wants a payday with Jones.

Also, if he says he wants to box, let him stand with Francis and box it out.

8 Likes
Don J - I like Stipe but this is such a bitch move. Stipe bitched and moaned for over a year for a rematch with DC, without taking any other fights. And talked shit about DC angling for a payday fight with Lesnar.

NOW, he wants to deny Ngannou a rematch after Francis has clearly fought his way back to #1 contender (something Stipe refused to do) because HE wants a payday with Jones.

Did you even read the OP? Stipe isn’t denying Francis a title shot at all. Shit he even said he’s been on a tear, and that he has definitely earned it. All Stipe is saying is that he believes it’s going to go the same way it did the first time. With Stipe putting in a clinic, and I agree with him. Please show me where Stipe is denying Francis a fight? Am I missing something here?

7 Likes
Don J - I like Stipe but this is such a bitch move. Stipe bitched and moaned for over a year for a rematch with DC, without taking any other fights. And talked shit about DC angling for a payday fight with Lesnar.

How is anything in the OP a “bitch move”?

He dominated Francis and he’s willing to fight him again. He just isn’t that interested in fighting a guy he beat 50-44 across all 3 scorecards. 

3 Likes

RIP Stipe we hardly knew ye

MarcusAurelioFan - 

I am too.

He is just gonna wrestle Francis again.

Yeah I really don’t want to see Stipe/Ngannou 2… They are the two best Hvwts but it’s either going to be a wrestlefucking or a quick knockout… Meh

I want Stipe to retire now and go out on top and let Ngannou rule the division

Yeah I mean he’s on a tear knocking everyone out but he basically looks the way he did before he fought Stipe the first time. It’s not like he’s been in any wars or anything. 

I'd rather the Jones fight first

Ngannou has very limited skills and needs to go nuts for a kill shot.

Stipe can be smart and has 25 minutes to fight someone who has the gas for 10 tops.

Negotiations are underway I see. Haha! 

KaiTangata -

Negotiations are underway I see. Haha! 

Exactly, it’s a money play and I’m cool with that as he should get paid big for that fight 

Stipe has only faced a geriatric DC in the last 3 years. It is quite possible he will not be able to deal with Ngannous strength, given that Stipe himself is pushing 40 already

1 Like
Telamon - He has great hands but not good enough head movement to move into boxing, imho.

True, he only starts moving his head once he gets hit.