Miocic meh on Ngannou rematch

No doubt he dominated the first fight but Francis is still the scariest guy and that was very early in his ufc career, when he clearly got taken out of his comfort zone for the first time ever, there’s no way his defensive wresting and cardio hasn’t improved since then and Stipe knows that plus he can take anyone out with any shot.

Not saying Stipe is scared but I think he knows it’s a very risky fight where he needs it to go perfectly for 25 minutes or he’s going out 

Francis is the only heavyweight deserving of a shot...period. Doesn't matter how Stipe feels about it.

Joshinho - 
Telamon - He has great hands but not good enough head movement to move into boxing, imho.

True, he only starts moving his head once he gets hit.

I’ve said it a million times: Stipe looks like a guy who learned to box while wearing a whiplash collar.

Tyson Fury wants to box him. Maybe an exhibition. Fury had a WWE match last year. He’s an unconventional dude. He might squeeze a Stipe fight in before Joshua or another Wilder fight.

tapi -

Stipe has only faced a geriatric DC in the last 3 years. It is quite possible he will not be able to deal with Ngannous strength, given that Stipe himself is pushing 40 already

Be beat ngannou less than 3 years ago

MasterofMartialArts -

Yeah I mean he’s on a tear knocking everyone out but he basically looks the way he did before he fought Stipe the first time. It’s not like he’s been in any wars or anything. 

This, wild punches before eating two and throw until it connects, thats francis technique

Truly meh, francis gets lucky or its long night, maybe even gets tkoed in later rounds

jon jones would be much better fight, stipe would be the hero who saves the day, then ufc could push their hype train nganno tyson

Charles Barkley -
Don J - I like Stipe but this is such a bitch move. Stipe bitched and moaned for over a year for a rematch with DC, without taking any other fights. And talked shit about DC angling for a payday fight with Lesnar.

NOW, he wants to deny Ngannou a rematch after Francis has clearly fought his way back to #1 contender (something Stipe refused to do) because HE wants a payday with Jones.

Also, if he says he wants to box, let him stand with Francis and box it out.

How is anything in the OP a “bitch move”?

He dominated Francis and he’s willing to fight him again. He just isn’t that interested in fighting a guy he beat 50-44 across all 3 scorecards. 

lol. He ran away…after falsely calling Stipe out for making a bitch move. Bitch move IMO

Bobby Lupo -
Joshinho - 
Telamon - He has great hands but not good enough head movement to move into boxing, imho.

True, he only starts moving his head once he gets hit.

I’ve said it a million times: Stipe looks like a guy who learned to box while wearing a whiplash collar.

Tyson Fury wants to box him. Maybe an exhibition. Fury had a WWE match last year. He’s an unconventional dude. He might squeeze a Stipe fight in before Joshua or another Wilder fight.

How about Tyson step into the cage with him? Go read a cookbook

Stipe vs Jones, Ngannou vs Black Beast. 

He brutalzied Francis. That was one of the most one-sided beatings I've seen since Cain vs. JDS. 

I’d like to see Francis vs. Jones for the title elminator TBH.

ScreenName22 -

Stipe is a huge bitch

Imagine calling the UFC HW champion of the world and first responder a "huge bitch" on the internet. 

I’m sorry for whatever happened in your life that made you this way. Sad.

Not sure why Ngannou is even getting a rematch. He should be fighting Derrick Lewis first. Winner gets title fight.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wEK5w6C0sc

Liyon - Not sure why Ngannou is even getting a rematch. He should be fighting Derrick Lewis first. Winner gets title fight.

He's taken out his last 4 opponents in under 3 mins combined. If that doesn't scream title shot I don't know what does. 

https://twitter.com/francis_ngannou/status/1299046285350039553

Ngannou was super conservative in both the Black Beast and Stipe fights. It cost him both fights. Which is the equivalent of having a Ferrari but driving it like a Prius. 

He’s been a killer in recent fights though and fighting the way he should have the first time. It’s a different fight this time. 

Stipe should be cautious not to think he can just run the same game plan again or he might wake up in Bolivia. 

Im excited for this one. Jones needs a “welcome to the HW division” fight first anyway. 

Ktaco -
Liyon - Not sure why Ngannou is even getting a rematch. He should be fighting Derrick Lewis first. Winner gets title fight.

He's taken out his last 4 opponents in under 3 mins combined. If that doesn't scream title shot I don't know what does. 

All against top notch competition aswell