Mir caught with bullets in Brazil, detained

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/ufc-headliner-frank-mir-accidentally-arrived-in-brazil-with-bullets-in-his-suitcase

“I have a bunch of different gym bags, too many bags that I use, and my backpack, I guess, I hadn’t used it since I went shooting last,” Mir today told MMAjunkie Radio

“I flew from (Las) Vegas to (Los Angeles); no one noticed it,” he said. “I flew from LA to Sao Paulo; no one noticed it.”

They asked him if he was a police officer. He said he was from Las Vegas and trained with firearms and made a simple mistake. Then they detained him.

“The first guy, he kind of panicked a little bit (and said), ‘I’ve got to call the police,'” Mir said. “He walked off. It kind of sucked because the manager of the area, she came over and we were explaining the whole situation, and she basically said, ‘Let’s forget this. It’s an understandable mistake.’ But then the other guy ran off with my passport. Firearms are illegal here in Brazil, so he stressed out a little bit.”

The more Mir waited, the more his concern grew about what might happen next. So he called for help from the guy he knew could help, and would probably find out anyway whatever happened: UFC President Dana White.

“They were being pretty casual with me, as far as I had access to my phone,” Mir said. “I was like, I’m not going to call the wife – what’s she going to do besides panic and freak out? I know where the buck’s eventually going to stop. Let me start out at the top of the food chain and let that sort it out. It will save me a bunch of phone calls.”

White told him to hang tight. After an hour of waiting, the police showed up.

“The gentleman came over, and he had a smile on his face,” Mir said. “He handed me my passport and let me know that I could have the passport and he was going to keep the bullets, and to try not to make that mistake again.”

There was just one more thing to worry about: the flight to Porto Alegre. With the delay, Mir had missed boarding. But there was more luck in store.

“My trainer, the boxing coach I was traveling here with, stopped the plane from taking off,”

F' gun control laws.

They should have locked him up to protect him from Bigfoot

theshooter - F' gun control laws.
Lol. Having bullets in an airport should never be acceptable. Phone Post 3.0

theshooter - F' gun control laws.

They seemed to work for Australia and the UK....

Mir is a Murican

ClickClack fools, Mir is packing heat. Phone Post 3.0

Well, shit. Hopefully he's got a plan B for Bigfoot.

Smh, why would you the same bag Phone Post 3.0

Well he is the devil Phone Post 3.0

Dana made some phone calls, all is good Phone Post 3.0

Wow I glad they caught Mir with pre fight frisking... Shame on him taking those weapons into the octagon... Commission probably give him temporary suspension lol Phone Post 3.0

Porkchop -

They work here in Canada as well. But lots of people have guns. Phone Post 3.0

"The more Mir waited, the more his concern grew about what might happen next. So he called for help from the guy he knew could help, and would probably find out anyway whatever happened: UFC President Dana White.

“They were being pretty casual with me, as far as I had access to my phone,” Mir said. “I was like, I’m not going to call the wife – what’s she going to do besides panic and freak out? I know where the buck’s eventually going to stop. Let me start out at the top of the food chain and let that sort it out. It will save me a bunch of phone calls.”

White told him to hang tight. After an hour of waiting, the police showed up.

“The gentleman came over, and he had a smile on his face,” Mir said. “He handed me my passport and let me know that I could have the passport and he was going to keep the bullets, and to try not to make that mistake again.”

---------------------------

Hahahaha!!! Suck it, DW haters:)

Cindy

I submit cats - 
theshooter - F' gun control laws.
Lol. Having bullets in an airport should never be acceptable. Phone Post 3.0

Yea.....because if you threw a bullet really hard, you might injure somebody.

How do you not check a duffle bag before throwing shit in it?

Pretty simple lol

Bet he won't forget that shit ever again! Phone Post 3.0

Scumbag country. Arresting someone for having bullets smh.

Porkchop -

Do they? You checked the violent crime rates in the uk? Phone Post 3.0

What a devil...

antifret - Scumbag country. Arresting someone for having bullets smh.
If I tried to take bullets through a major US airport as a foreign citizen, how do you think that would go for me? Phone Post 3.0