Mir vs. Tim is Meaningless

Because Arlovski would own either one of them, for sure. By the Way, I doubt Mir is gonna be able to get Tim on the ground to even attempt a submission. Tim, will win by the end of round 2.

Then, the Russian will get his shot.

www.fcfighter.com

Has a story up and Andre's manager said his hand is fine. I guess he was not even offered the fight.

hmmmmm, why arent I surprised??

Mir doesn't make it past round 1. Stamina will be the same as always. Tim will put him away.

Tim is gonna brutalize Mir. I see a very ugly KO coming for Frank.

i agree, but Arlovski is the best HW in the UFC now

I would rather see Apple vs. BobSappFan in the place of that fight!

lol

that fight could feature Frankie Muniz as special guest ref!

TTT!!!!!!!!!!

It's not pointless. The better Tim Sylvia looks beating people in the matches leading up to a title fight with Arlovski, the better Arlovski will look when he beats Tim.

good point

It wasn't a matter of Arlovski being offered the fight or not. He had just fought UFC 47 and wanted to go home to his family he hasn't seen in over a year.

Mir was waiting in the wings for his title shot. All three fighters are fine with this. Believe me--I've talked to all three.

yeah he just fought and this is better anyway he can have some more time to train for winner of mir/sylvia... i think the ufc has been doing a good job lateky i just hope they dont go to the 1 headline fight format with smaller unknowns, im not paying 30 bucks for that

This is a bad situation, and one that I'm surprised Zuffa is letting themselves get into.

Mir is without doubt one of their poster boys... HE's nearly been beaten by Wes Sims, not once, but twice.

And you know, I train a lot of BJJ, I like Frank Mir, but I just don't see how he can win, and I don't know how Zuffa think he's going to do it either.

I feel like a dick, because I watch every Mir fight one the edge of my seat hoping he wins, but I just don't see it against Sylvia.

So why the report on broken hand.

Mir hasn't beaten a top contender YET!

UFC babied him to a shot he fought has been and never beens I hope sylvia K.O him

"It's not pointless. The better Tim Sylvia looks beating people in the matches leading up to a title fight with Arlovski, the better Arlovski will look when he beats Tim"

Good point but I pick Tim to beat Arlovski.

"So why the report on broken hand."

I don't know. I spoke to Arlovski today just as he boarded his plane and he said it wasn't broken.

Arlovski is the best HW in the UFC right now?? He lost to Rizzo and Ricco who are both or at least one of, still with the UFC. The UFC HW picture is very shaken up right now imo. Lots of guys have beaten each other now.

Tim vs. Andre is the real title match. Too bad it didn't happen. Mir isn't even a challenge for either one of them